Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump dominates the Northern Mariana Islands

Quote:I would be more concerned about your assumption that the Mariana Islands are so important to American history that you believe it should be the determining factor on whether or not a person is allowed to vote. A very elitist stance to take, considering I can assure you 95% of the voting class would not be able to point out the Mariana islands on a map.

I never said that knowledge of the Mariana Islands was important to determine whether or not a person is allowed to vote.  95% of your demographic probably has no clue about the importance or significance of that area of the world, but I would wager that a much larger percentage of the voting public knows exactly what those islands are about and what they meant/mean to us.  You yourself called it "insignificant".  Anyone that knows anything about the history of our nation would know exactly how important those islands were to our nation.  Many American lives were lost on and around those islands.

So again I ask.  Is it just the ignorance of Trump voters, or is it the failed education system?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You are implying Trump supporters are products of a failed education system and questioning our right to vote, and you are saying someone else is throwing out snide, offensive remarks? Pot, meet kettle.

I'm not implying anything, I'm simply asking the question.  Is it the failed education system or the lack of knowledge and intelligence of Trump supporters?  Of course, the two could go hand-in-hand.  I never said anything about anyone's "right to vote" which is a whole other topic.

How exactly is calling me "Mr Stalin" and implying that I was dictating how people vote not a snide comment?  The questions that I asked are not being answered except for remarks like that.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2016, 05:36 PM by Jaguar Warrior.)

Quote:I never said that knowledge of the Mariana Islands was important to determine whether or not a person is allowed to vote.  95% of your demographic probably has no clue about the importance or significance of that area of the world, but I would wager that a much larger percentage of the voting public knows exactly what those islands are about and what they meant/mean to us.  You yourself called it "insignificant".  Anyone that knows anything about the history of our nation would know exactly how important those islands were to our nation.  Many American lives were lost on and around those islands.

So again I ask.  Is it just the ignorance of Trump voters, or is it the failed education system?

You are clearly delusional if you believe the Northern Mariana Islands are a major part of American history. They didn't even join the Union until after World War 2, and their only significance was their use as an air base (one of many) in carpet bombing the hell out of Japan. How is that major history? You have a tinge of bias in your words and lack any objectivity in your statement.

Quote:The Mariana Islands do not fall under basic history, sorry to upset you. And thankfully. I am not so sure why you are so obsessed with this irrelevant territory. Are you some sort of Mariana Islands historian?

The Mariana Islands do in fact fall under basic history.  What happened there during WWII was very significant.

He's acting like Mariana was the most significant territory in the Pacific battles and it just isn't. 

Plus most people have heard of Guam.  "Mariana Islands" not so much.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2016, 05:44 PM by Jaguar Warrior.)

Quote:The Mariana Islands do in fact fall under basic history.  What happened there during WWII was very significant.

I don't think you understand what the word significant means relating to the US in World War 2. The Invasion of Normandy was significant. Operation Market Garden was significant. Battle of the Bulge was significant. Battle of Arnhem was significant. The Allied Invasion of Italy was significant. The Lend Lease was significant.

The Northern Marian Islands were not significant, relatively speaking of course. If you believe they were, more power to you. Most historians would disagree, however, on it being a significant part of World War 2 and definitely not "basic history".

At the very least I'd hope people would be thinking "Marianas Trench".  

Still, I'm not too surprised that people don't know where US territories are located.  Most people don't have a genuine interest in such things.  Personally History is one of my favorite subjects.  It helps that my wife teaches it, though my interest pre-dates our dating.  If you don't have a genuine interest in things, you'll start to forget them.  Of course some people have poor memories too.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I'm not implying anything, I'm simply asking the question.  Is it the failed education system or the lack of knowledge and intelligence of Trump supporters?  Of course, the two could go hand-in-hand.  I never said anything about anyone's "right to vote" which is a whole other topic.

How exactly is calling me "Mr Stalin" and implying that I was dictating how people vote not a snide comment?  The questions that I asked are not being answered except for remarks like that.

I did not call you Mr. Stalin, but when you say "the sad part about this is that these people are allowed to vote.", couldn't that be interpreted as we shouldn't be voting?

Quote:You are clearly delusional if you believe the Northern Mariana Islands are a major part of American history. They didn't even join the Union until after World War 2, and their only significance was their use as an air base (one of many) in carpet bombing the hell out of Japan. How is that major history? You have a tinge of bias in your words and lack any objectivity in your statement.

WOW.  You have no idea about the pacific campaign during WWII.  Since you have been busy using google, why not find out how many American lives were lost in the area?  How did we establish those air bases?  How important was that for the U.S. to defeat the Japanese?

You Trumpistas amuse me.  You are trying so hard to defend the ignorance.  Google and wikapedia are getting blown up by you guys.

So answer the question.  My initial comment was regarding the Mariana Islands.  None of the Trumpistas on this board even knew where they were or what the significance was.  Is it just the ignorance of Trump voters, or a failure in our education system?

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2016, 05:47 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:WOW.  You have no idea about the pacific campaign during WWII.  Since you have been busy using google, why not find out how many American lives were lost in the area?  How did we establish those air bases?  How important was that for the U.S. to defeat the Japanese?

You Trumpistas amuse me.  You are trying so hard to defend the ignorance.  Google and wikapedia are getting blown up by you guys.

So answer the question.  My initial comment was regarding the Mariana Islands.  None of the Trumpistas on this board even knew where they were or what the significance was.  Is it just the ignorance of Trump voters, or a failure in our education system?

So, now you are classifying anybody who isn't a WW2 historian as "Trumpistas"?

Oh, and the answer to your question is none of the above.

Quote:WOW.  You have no idea about the pacific campaign during WWII.  Since you have been busy using google, why not find out how many American lives were lost in the area?  How did we establish those air bases?  How important was that for the U.S. to defeat the Japanese?

It is the failure of your ego, sadly. I would say every "Trumpistas" in this thread has a better worldview and understanding of history than you ever could. You are extremely arrogant. You hold such high esteem for yourself and believe you are so accomplished, and yet look so pathetic.

Quote:He's acting like Mariana was the most significant territory in the Pacific battles and it just isn't. 
Quote:Plus most people have heard of Guam.  "Mariana Islands" not so much.

If the U. S. didn't win the battles on those islands, would they have won the pacific campaign in WWII?  Fire up google again and see how many men lost their lives in the area.

jagibelieve, you're merely elitist. You must question the IQ level of Trump supporters before you join the intelligentsia.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:If the U. S. didn't win the battles on those islands, would they have won the pacific campaign in WWII?  Fire up google again and see how many men lost their lives in the area.

If they didn't win the battle in Okinawa things probably also would have went differently. Look up that one on your google.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2016, 05:54 PM by Jaguar Warrior.)

Quote:If the U. S. didn't win the battles on those islands, would they have won the pacific campaign in WWII?  Fire up google again and see how many men lost their lives in the area.

The US would have easily won the pacific campaign without those islands and it isn't even a question. You, good sir, seem to lack a deep understanding on the full mobilization of the United States economy towards the war effort during World War 2. Educate yourself, and come back.

http://www.combinedfleet.com/economic.htm

Iwo Jima, google that one jackball

Google Peleliu smart guy

Pearl Harbor, look it up book worm

he's studying wikipedia right now so he can act like he's smart