Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The pressure is on, Dante

He played for the Gators. He's been in Florida his whole life, born and raised. He knows how hot it is in Florida He also wears #56. Seriously? Do some research. 

Quote:Wrecking oneself on the first day in shorts adds up to bust imo..   But of course we all hope for the best this year.  

Fowler should  TEACH a course in how not to injure oneself to every incoming player for the next FIVE years..  Players simply are not used to the heat in Jax, and don't understand that the climate adjustment can lead to injury very easily..  It's a subtle and devious problem.  

We absolutely should have a 'course' designed to help these young 'invincibles' better adapt slowly over time, rather than run out there and blow their 'hammys and knees' in the Spring every year.   YES, every year!!  

Does he even have a jersey number yet??   lol   (maybe it's on his gymshorts)

Seriously, I want the guy to succeed, and it would be nice if these incoming players actually play..     

Northwest Jaguars fan from 95 til' !

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He played for the Gators. He's been in Florida his whole life, born and raised. He knows how hot it is in Florida He also wears #56. Seriously? Do some research. 

All the more reason he should be 'point-man' to new signees..   Hmm.. I hope to see a #56 running around out there causing trouble (for the whole season and then some).  But say what you want..  blowing out your knee in the first five minutes on an NFL team is EPIC FAIL…  he has a whole heckuva a lot of catching up to do just to 'break' even..  Nevertheless friend, no one is hoping more than I am that he has the 'it' factor..  We deserve it..  He, along with whomever we pick up at the top of the draft should win the division this year..  Anything less than that is a bust also imo.

I think we can do it though..  I even think we 'should' do it..

Quote:Wrecking oneself on the first day in shorts adds up to bust imo.. But of course we all hope for the best this year.

Fowler should TEACH a course in how not to injure oneself to every incoming player for the next FIVE years.. Players simply are not used to the heat in Jax, and don't understand that the climate adjustment can lead to injury very easily.. It's a subtle and devious problem.

We absolutely should have a 'course' designed to help these young 'invincibles' better adapt slowly over time, rather than run out there and blow their 'hammys and knees' in the Spring every year. YES, every year!!

Does he even have a jersey number yet?? lol (maybe it's on his gymshorts)

Seriously, I want the guy to succeed, and it would be nice if these incoming players actually play..

He went to UF in Gainesville...

Fowler will do well enough in clean up duty alone I think. Great motor.

Quote:Fowler will do well enough in clean up duty alone I think. Great motor.

That's right!  I forgot that's what I liked about him..   Now I hope he can HIT !!!    

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm very excited about fowler this year! I hear he's been looking great at workouts. He's had a year to soak in film and work his mental game, and a year outside of other teams game planning/ watching film on him. I think lots of teams will be focused on Malik and Marks, leaving Odrick, Skuta (rotating at LEO), and Fowler to wreak havoc.

I could see how pressure has increased on Fowler Jr to be the edge -pass rusher we had all hoped when they drafted him last year, but many would think that regardless of what occurred in Free Agency.

I wonder if GM Dave Caldwell is going to go for an edge rusher now that he locked up a quality corner in Prince, and the huge need of Free Safety with Gipson.  He added depth to the Oline, and got the power running back in Ivory.

He got the punter to make up for Anger.

You look at the Jaguars DL and versatility comes to mind; Fowler Jr, Odrick, Jackson, Marks (all of them could really play DT/RE/LE inside & out but only Fowler Jr is the true expected outside edge rusher among the group.

Which means I would not now be surprised if Joey Bosa is the #5 pick in this years draft or DeForest Buckner.

I can't figure out why people are saying Myles Jack (a knee injury OLB) would be the Jaguars #5 overall pick he's not really another young Poz (its not even his style, he's not even an ILB). 

Why risk such a high draft pick on a guy that has put on weight had a serious injury and may never be the same?  It really has me scratching my head why he is so high on everyone's list.

After the combine, Free Agency.. i think in my mock draft I'm leaning more towards

<b>DeForest Buckner, LE, Oregon  being the pick</b>

If you think about it Odrick could go inside or Buckner could be depth while he learns behind Odrick.  Jackson starts at RE with Fowler Jr being his learning & depth.

Marks & Miller remain at DT/NT with Ryan Davis & Tyson Alualu as depth.

He had to have been beastly for us to take him ahead of Leonard Williams. I like him with that Lawrence Taylor 56 look.

No pain, no gain.