Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Adam Schefter: "Chris Ivory is expected to sign with the Jacksonville Jaguars".

I don't like it. Another one of those head scratcher signings from dave

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2016, 01:43 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYXpC_iqsCA

This guy is a beast!  After seeing this.  I think Yeldon be the backup.

One more 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls39q1XLApI

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Power back who can pick up short yardage which was a huge issue last year. 
This ^^^^

Twitter Follow: @jSp3nce

Well, we all know he's a power back and we desperately needed a short yardage guy.  So I'm pretty happy with the move.   However, does anybody know how he is as a pass blocker?  Yeldon whiffed a decent amount of times last year, as is expected in his rookie season.  I know it's not the most exciting thing to talk about when talking about a running back, but I'm just curious.

BORTLES ISN'T A FRANCHISE QB. FOURNETTE WILL BE A BUST.

Quote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYXpC_iqsCA

This guy is a beast!  After seeing this.  I think Yeldon be the backup.

One more 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls39q1XLApI

Yo, dat dude nice! #fastpowerback

You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

If anything were to happen to Yeldon, Ivory would be serviceable as opposed to relying on DRob or Gerhart

Don't remember us converting any short yardage plays from running the ball last season, maybe a QB sneak or two.

Guy has a wicked spin move that is for sure!

#Gojags

Quote:Well, we all know he's a power back and we desperately needed a short yardage guy.  So I'm pretty happy with the move.   However, does anybody know how he is as a pass blocker?  Yeldon whiffed a decent amount of times last year, as is expected in his rookie season.  I know it's not the most exciting thing to talk about when talking about a running back, but I'm just curious.

The following was written last summer.   In essence,  it reflects part of the reason why I believe Chris Ivory won't be one of the Jaguars best options in the passing game.   Despite this,  Ivory could easily prove to be a major asset for the Jaguars because of his differential power running skills:

http://nyjetsfans.com/?latestnews=should...ed-in-2015

Pass protection: When comparing Ivory to the rest of the Jets backfield his pass blocking seems to fall short where running backs Bilal Powell and Zac Stacy excel at picking up the blitz. According to Pro Football Focus Chris Ivory was ranked 61 out of 62 running backs in pass blocking efficiency. In a spread offense where Ivory would often be the 6<sup>th</sup> pass protector his inability to consistently stop the edge rush from linebackers makes him a liability when he is on the field. You can make a case for taking Ivory off of the field in passing situations.

We dont run a spread. So it wont be that bad.

#Gojags

Could be the Joe or Bro that coaches up the X or the O

You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

all the sudden we have a pro bowl RB

According to Adam Schefter. 

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...8116824064

Quote:all the sudden we have a pro bowl RB

Yeah, isn't that weird. 

Those are some impressive highlights, I must say. 

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2016, 07:33 AM by BritishJag.)

Huge upgrade over Gerhart. I think the four guys will be Yeldon, Ivory, Gray and Robinson.

Ivory led the AFC in rushing yards last year. Certainly more proven than Gerhart was when he arrived and we already have a good young RB here. I think you add a guard or centre to the offense and it's built.

Ivory has been very underrated the last two years. He's a very good RB

According to Spotrac, with roster bonus, Toby was going to make $3.5m this year.  FYI.

Having both Ivory and Yeldon splitting carries will assist both RBs.  Ivory tended to wear down during games when his carries got high.  

NFL.com verdict on Ivory: "He can look like a Pro Bowler for half a season, but Ivory's running style makes him a better candidate to split carries before he gets run down."

Quote:I don't like it. Another one of those head scratcher signings from dave

Dave is a real dummie for getting another quality RB. Next thing you know, Dumb Dave will get another pass rusher. What a dunce.

OMG.....didn't see this one coming.

We now have one helluva backfield!  :woot:

TJ developing another year....and a 6 year veteran back that can move the rock.

Good job Dave.

Good bye Slowby....tighten up Shoelace

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Jags were in need of back up RB badly. Toby Slowhart was a terrible signing, but things will be much better with a proven back in Chris Ivory. I hope Shoelace sticks around cause he can be used on kick off or punt returns which fits his skill set much better. A good running game will keep the pressure off of Blake Bortles to save us week in and week out.  Another need off the list great job Dave Caldwell.