Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Malik Jackson to the Jaguars

15 million... I need something stronger than a cigarette.

And please save me the crap about sacks being a bogus stat. For 15 million you better be able to finish a damn rush!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:15 million... I need something stronger than a cigarette.

And please save me the crap about sacks being a bogus stat. For 15 million you better be able to finish a damn rush!
You don't think he plays like a top 5 DT?

This morning has been sort of like Christmas morning, when you go downstairs and there's nothing under the tree, and then someone says, your present is in the driveway.  

Quote:Not really, Von Miller and Demarcus Ware made him look good.

[Image: tumblr_inline_nr6ialXoBI1tu684i_500.gif]

;

;

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2016, 03:11 PM by haveaseat.)

Quote:15 million... I need something stronger than a cigarette.

Finishing a rush? Providing a rush at all to throw a QB off his timing is worth money. Whether it's a sack or not is irrelevant. Pressure over sacks. All day, everyday. You probably think QBR is an important stat.

You can scheme sacks. You can't scheme pressure. Using your logic Andre Branch is a good pass rusher.

Quote:You don't think he plays like a top 5 DT?

No no. I said dlineman... As in everybody.

And no. I dont. Top five guys get locked up. As such supply in fa is truncated and you wind up paying mid level guys like jj watt.

Let me also say this. Im a homer. Once the deal is signed ill get my palm palms out and hope he helps us get to the promised land and plays at an elite level. My eyes just tell me thats not reasonable.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2016, 03:14 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

DE never make DT look good. The number one rule is to plug the middle. The guards will not move from their area. Because a passrusher is invading.

So The die hard Jags fans wave Hi Hater!
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Finishing a rush? Providing a rush at all to throw a QB off his timing is worth money. Whether it's a sack or not is irrelevant. Pressure over sacks. All day, everyday. You probably think QBR is an important stat.

You say that now but when the qb sidesteps and still throws a td who remembers the pressure?

The greater point you are trying to make is that "well he cant be blocked one on one and constantly breaks up tge offenses rythym." thats not true. He gets blocked one on one. He had a guy outside him taking on double teams tripple teams and having the best three game stretch i have ever seen. Denver did it all. Pressure hit sack strip etc. Malik was part of that but he wasnt close to being the driver

Palm palms?

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:DE never make DT look good. The number one rule is to plug the middle. The guards will not move from their area. Because a passrusher is invading.

So The die hard Jags fans wave Hi Hater!

First he playef end. Second if the tackle has to fan out to get the outside backer and the rb went to chip then that creates more space for the dt/5 tech

Quote:Palm palms?

High Five?

;

;

Ive just been lied to too much. JT was just a guy. We heard all the junk about how dominant he was in otas etc. Etc. Just a guy.

The strength of this draft is the DT position. We seem pretty set now. I'm curios to see what we look for in the draft.  

Quote:Finishing a rush? Providing a rush at all to throw a QB off his timing is worth money. Whether it's a sack or not is irrelevant. Pressure over sacks. All day, everyday. You probably think QBR is an important stat.

You can scheme sacks. You can't scheme pressure. Using your logic Andre Branch is a good pass rusher.

No i never said he was a good pass rusher. I pointed out his productiob wasnt spectacular. Malik jackson can be blocked.

Quote:No no. I said dlineman... As in everybody.

And no. I dont. Top five guys get locked up. As such supply in fa is truncated and you wind up paying mid level guys like jj watt.

Let me also say this. Im a homer. Once the deal is signed ill get my palm palms out and hope he helps us get to the promised land and plays at an elite level. My eyes just tell me thats not reasonable.

If Denver could have tagged both Jackson and Miller, I believe they would have.

Quote:You say that now but when the qb sidesteps and still throws a td who remembers the pressure?

The greater point you are trying to make is that "well he cant be blocked one on one and constantly breaks up tge offenses rythym." thats not true. He gets blocked one on one. He had a guy outside him taking on double teams tripple teams and having the best three game stretch i have ever seen. Denver did it all. Pressure hit sack strip etc. Malik was part of that but he wasnt close to being the driver

And when he gets the pressure to force a bad throw and the secondary gets a pick?

Malik was a legitimate force out there. I've seen him break double teams multiple times and drive into the QB. The most important thing is he gets to the QB and that's all that matters. He undeniably has a nose for the ball.

But I guess all these places ranking him at a top FA don't know what they are talking about either,

Quote:First he playef end. Second if the tackle has to fan out to get the outside backer and the rb went to chip then that creates more space for the dt/5 tech

If the play already ended how does he make them better again? And you act like Fowler is a bust. Ya act like we have no other playmakers. Smith says Hi. Marks says Hi. Irving who is about confirmed says Hi as well.

Haters gonna hate.

#Gojags

Quote:The strength of this draft is the DT position. We seem pretty set now. I'm curios to see what we look for in the draft.

That's one issue I have with this signing.

Quote:The strength of this draft is the DT position. We seem pretty set now. I'm curios to see what we look for in the draft.  
I was wondering that myself.  With Malik, Marks, Miller, and Michael.  We seem to be set at DT for this season.  The Jags need at least 2 new DB's. 

Rookie production dont normally equal too much. We needed much more help. And in madden has malik listed as DE. So curious if he can line up there as well.

Madden though a game is normally accurate with postitions.

#Gojags