Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Toby Gerhart NOT released

Quote:Wait for it , his time is coming. Then again Caldwell rewards, trash players who don't perform .. So he might just stay on the roster
Your shtick is wearing a little thin, but hey, grasp for whatever straw you need to in order to be angry.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think they will bring in some competition via free agency or draft, I don't think he's a lock to make the final roster.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

Quote:Wait for it , his time is coming. Then again Caldwell rewards, trash players who don't perform .. So he might just stay on the roster

Him is bad and not good.  Caldwell, he dum.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I'm sure they're losing a lot of sleep over a $500k roster bonus down at the stadium.

Gerhart isn't going anywhere until they can find an adequate replacement.  As someone already pointed out, he'll more than likely make it to camp with the team.

Similar to Henne's situation at QB, hopefully Caldwell doesn't use Toby's presence on the roster as some sort of reasoning for not going after a couple FA RBs. Should I list all the attractive free agent names at RB?

'02

He provides depth, and they hate to admit that they made a mistake.

Beadles and Clemons say hello on their flight out of JIA.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I was really high on him when we signed him...

Like him at Stanford, he played well when he got his shot in MIN. 

Wallbash

I certainly agree regarding your assessment of Toby Gerhart's play with the Vikings.   He was never a change speed/ quickness of pace RB but he was a good inside runner,  receiver,  and picked up blitzes well.   The Vikings Offensive Line as a run blocking unit might have contributed to Gerhart looking better than he truly was.

He could still get cut if after the draft & Free Agency the RB core looks much better and if he doesnt look in preseason..

but as a Jaguar fan dont you want him to do well?

Quote:He provides depth, and they hate to admit that they made a mistake.
No one likes to admit they were wrong so we shouldn't be too surprised about the dragging of feet where he's concerned. As far as providing 'depth' is concerned... it depends on the type of 'depth' you mean. Toby has done little here to indicate he will ever provide any kind of positive depth. Dave rolled the dice with him and it came up snake eyes. Move on.

Gerhart will be released soon 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:Your shtick is wearing a little thin, but hey, grasp for whatever straw you need to in order to be angry.
lol whose angry?

Quote:He provides depth, and they hate to admit that they made a mistake.
Red Bryant, Ziggy Hood, and a handful of others say hi.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2016, 12:06 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

RB Rooney Rule

Quote:Red Bryant, Ziggy Hood, and a handful of others say hi.

I don't think either of those was a mistake, Bryant got old and Hood was injured after a decent depth season.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:This is what Dave sees

[Image: 200.gif]

This is what we see

[Image: 200.gif]

Annnnnnnnd thanks to you I just got a few strange looks here at work as I burst out laughing...

It was worth it.

PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

I've still got faith in the albino rhino.. playing injured at a position like RB its no wonder he hasn't done anything

IMO.............I think it is a mistake to keep him.........UNLESS he has lost 15 lbs. minimum (cause he was overweight and slow to hit the holes) and is also completely 100% healthy again. They got plenty of cap space so it's really not all that much about the money thing. Yes, he has been injury prone but he packed on too many pounds as well. He needs to back away from the kitchen table more.

The other thing is I'm just not convinced he should stay in Jacksonville anyways. He's NOT thee guy anymore and that's why he was brought here in the first place. Clearly, TJ Yeldon is here for a reason and TG should probably be cut and find another suitor somewhere else. He won't make NEARLY the money he has coming here but "maybe" he can resurrect his career again. But, if they keep him on the roster, it must be because they see something left in his gas tank that maybe we don't. I'd be surprised if he's there opening day but you never know.   

Quote:IMO.............I think it is a mistake to keep him.........UNLESS he has lost 15 lbs. minimum (cause he was overweight and slow to hit the holes) and is also completely 100% healthy again. They got plenty of cap space so it's really not all that much about the money thing. Yes, he has been injury prone but he packed on too many pounds as well. He needs to back away from the kitchen table more.

The other thing is I'm just not convinced he should stay in Jacksonville anyways. He's NOT thee guy anymore and that's why he was brought here in the first place. Clearly, TJ Yeldon is here for a reason and TG should probably be cut and find another suitor somewhere else. He won't make NEARLY the money he has coming here but "maybe" he can resurrect his career again. But, if they keep him on the roster, it must be because they see something left in his gas tank that maybe we don't. I'd be surprised if he's there opening day but you never know.

To keep him through camp costs us 500K when we have close to 90m in cap space

Its next to nothing to take a look at him and let him compete

I still think he ends up cut pretty early on in camp

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2016, 10:49 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:I've still got faith in the albino rhino.. playing injured at a position like RB its no wonder he hasn't done anything

Then why would you still have faith in him?

This team cannot afford to build a team simply on hope that a player lives up to some youtube highlights from years ago.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2016, 10:58 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:To keep him through camp costs us 500K when we have close to 90m in cap space

Its next to nothing to take a look at him and let him compete

I still think he ends up cut pretty early on in camp

I'd rather see them cut beer prices by $3/each during the 2 preseason games.

Let's assume 20,000 fans (of the 50,000 that attend preseason games) drinks 4 beers each.

That totals up to 80,000 beers sold per preseason game.

Multiply 80,000 x 2 preseason games and you get 160,000 beers sold over 2 preseason games

Multiply 160,000 beers times $3 and you get $480,000 

ASSUMING WE DRINK 4 BEERS EACH, IF WE CUT THE HORSE, US BEER DRINKERS COULD SAVE $24 ON DRINKS OVER THE COURSE OF 2 PRESEASON GAMES.  Assuming some of us are married that's $48 per couple.

COUNT ME IN ---- CUT THE HORSE AND SAVE $500,000 --- GIVE ME MY BEER DISCOUNT !!!  THE MORE YOU DRINK, THE MORE YOU SAVE !!!