Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
ICYMI: Mike Mayock on the Jaguars

Quote:You are in fact named in the case........

But that was a whole year ago! I was so young and misguided then.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

"Mack... He won't be any good. He only had one good game against Ohio State. And he comes from Buffalo.. I mean come on"

Quote:You are in fact named in the case........

Good lord, I actually thought Byron Jones could be had in the Sixth!!! What a steal that would have been huh?

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Good lord, I actually thought Byron Jones could be had in the Sixth!!! What a steal that would have been huh?

Just goes to show you how much someone's stock can change in just a matter of a few months.

Quote:Good lord, I actually thought Byron Jones could be had in the Sixth!!! What a steal that would have been huh?

Just take a look at those fanspeak mocks.  There are DBs mocked in the fourth that will probably be gone before the third and RBs going in the 2nd that probably don't get picked until the fourth or fifth all over those mocks. 

To be fair, you were on the Paxton Lynch bandwagon waaaaay before anyone else...

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...b-memphis/

Quote:But that was a whole year ago! I was so young and misguided then.
You have grown a lot since then.

Well, I wanted Sean Mannion as our QB the year we got BB. So......

Quote:Just goes to show you how much someone's stock can change in just a matter of a few months.
Very true. Even the experts, NOT that Deacon isn't one Big Grin, over value or under value players all the time! Look at Oakman. Just a few months back he was showing up as a top 10/5 projected player. Now he could be had post the 3rd/4th round and some even say un-draftable! Our own Blake Bortles shot up as the months grew closer to the draft as well. 

Quote:Beasley was also coveted on twitter as well to a ridiculous degree! It was not unlike Teddy B was the year prior. They sniff out a prospect and then collectively place their foreheads together to lock it in. Anyway, good find.

And Geno Smith the year before. They are not very good at this.

Quote:Uh no... most everyone did not have them pegged for at least eight wins. The more realistic expectation was at least 6 wins; and as pathetic as that seems (especially given the comparatively soft schedule and the inexplicable amount of lucky breaks they got) they we're unable to even reach that! As it is right now, we only have about 1/2 of a team. We have no legitimate defense at all to speak of! We do have parts of a decent offense now; a quarterback, receivers, and a running back. We still lack a decent line however, especially on the left side. Unless addressed, Bortles will get seriously injured, expect it.

The improvement on our offense was bought at the price of the neglect of our defense. We're paying the price as a result. The 'D' can be fixed (given the commitment is made to get decent coaching) but it will take time; at least a couple of more seasons.

Lol no it won't. We have two huge components coming back that we didn't have at all last year. Add at least two staters from FA. At least one more from the draft.

Boom. You've turned half the defensive roster over. It's not going to take 2-3 yrs.

Quote:Very true. Even the experts, NOT that Deacon isn't one Big Grin, over value or under value players all the time! Look at Oakman. Just a few months back he was showing up as a top 10/5 projected player. Now he could be had post the 3rd/4th round and some even say un-draftable! Our own Blake Bortles shot up as the months grew closer to the draft as well. 

Expert isn't the phrase that comes to mind when I think of that stoopid dummy.   :blink:  :ph34r:  Banana  :mellow:   (I just felt the need for some random emoticons).

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2016, 11:33 AM by Minorcan.)

Quote:And Geno Smith the year before. They are not very good at this.
The Geno stuff was so annoying. The Teddy love was worse, but Geno was a close second. 

This year: It was or maybe still is Ramsey, but as the rest of the world agrees with this, they're moving on to Spence as to differentiate from the heard. Soon, all of Jags twitter will be locked and loaded. 

Quote:Expert isn't the phrase that comes to mind when I think of that stoopid dummy.   :blink:  :ph34r:  Banana  :mellow:   (I just felt the need for some random emoticons).
Well I used Big Grin, which is the universal sign for OMG I'M NOT SERIOUS AT ALL

Quote:Here ya' go.  Last February. Spider charts and all....

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top.../?hl=draft

2nd round pick talk from a year ago:

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...l=receiver
Thanks a million for this. It really is funny to see how clueless the so called Message Board GMs truly are. Just reading those 2 threads shows just how unenlightened fans are compared to real NFL executives.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:To be fair, you were on the Paxton Lynch bandwagon waaaaay before anyone else...

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...b-memphis/

Genius is rarely appreciated in it's own time.

Now why am I wearing two different socks?

Quote:Genius is rarely appreciated in it's own time.

Now why am I wearing two different socks?

How can you wear the same sock twice?

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:How can you wear the same sock twice?

Practice.

Quote:Yes, if you had read the subject title you would have known that it was in fact Mike Mayock that said playoffs.

/JayDubImpression
I just noticed that the little Nazi troll hasn't been around lately.

Maybe that's why the quality of this Message Board has risen as of late.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Thanks a million for this. It really is funny to see how clueless the so called Message Board GMs truly are. Just reading those 2 threads shows just how unenlightened fans are compared to real NFL executives.

I'm still trying to process that "shocking half moon spider web" that Vic Beasley had.