Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Henne Agrees to Deal

It don't matter anyway, some of you need to chill out.

Every team has to have a backup QB. He knows the plays, that is why he was signed.

No he don't win, none of our QB'S or players do for that matter.

We're talking about a backup QB'S contract. Sheesh

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:They could sign Von Miller and you'd make a :::hilarious::: ice cream joke.

Ok doofus, I'm not negative for the sake of being negative. I have many good things to say about our successful players and the good moves that we make. If we signed Von Miller, I'd be skipping in public.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

It's a backup QB that knows the system, does get along well with Blake, and, from what I have heard, puts in extra time studying film with Blake to get him more prepared.  Henne is not a Manning.  But, as backups go, he is fine.  One need now checked off the list.

Quote:Ok doofus, I'm not negative for the sake of being negative. I have many good things to say about our successful players and the good moves that we make. If we signed Von Miller, I'd be skipping in public.

Maybe. But you'd be talking about sprinkles on here.

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/bbortles5/status/700397849226432512'>https://twitter.com/bbortles5/status/700397849226432512</a>

Quote:Nice move. I still expect them to get an UDFA QB they feel like they can develop like Brissett from NC State.

I wouldn't mind drafting one in round 5 or later. Green Bay picked Hundley in round 5 last year even with Rodgers and Tolzien on the roster. Hundley looked good in the preseason. Good enough to warrant a late round pick, no doubt.

Quote:No problem with Henne resigning but I see some people claiming hes an above average backup or one of the best back ups in the league.

Its Henne,he isn't going to win us games coming off the bench,hes a very professional backup no doubt but let's not continue calling him on of the best backups in the league.

Perhaps you could show me some of those posts, I must have missed them.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Ok doofus, I'm not negative for the sake of being negative. I have many good things to say about our successful players and the good moves that we make. If we signed Von Miller, I'd be skipping in public.
You aren't finding successful QBs sitting in free agency waiting for someone to make them a back up.

Quote:Perhaps you could show me some of those posts, I must have missed them.

10 posts in on first page...read down the way.

Quote:10 posts in on first page...read down the way.
That is my post, and you should re-read it. I never said that it was my claim. I said he is viewed as such. That is the opinion of others around the league.

Now, I am not going to bother doing the research for you. If you think I'm wrong, disprove it.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:No problem with Henne resigning but I see some people claiming hes an above average backup or one of the best back ups in the league.

Its Henne,he isn't going to win us games coming off the bench,hes a very professional backup no doubt but let's not continue calling him on of the best backups in the league.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone on this board make any such claim. 

EDIT: Seeing Dakota's post above, it's pretty clear  you didn't really read his post.  I've seen it written elsewhere that the Jaguars QB situation is actually pretty good because we've got an experienced backup for Bortles.

I know nobody on this board agrees that he's one of the best backups in the league, but I think our viewpoints are probably tainted by what he did 2 years ago in a VERY bad situation with a lousy line and no receivers.  I don't think he could string together a streak of wins, but I do think he could win a game here or there if called into duty.  Especially if/when we get the line fixed.  He'll have plenty of weapons to work with should he have to play.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:That is my post, and you should re-read it. I never said that it was my claim. I said he is viewed as such. That is the opinion of others around the league.

Now, I am not going to bother doing the research for you. If you think I'm wrong, disprove it.

Yeah sorry I took that as your opinion also.

Henne Henne Henne

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:Yeah sorry I took that as your opinion also.
No worries mate.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:I don't think I've ever seen anyone on this board make any such claim.

EDIT: Seeing Dakota's post above, it's pretty clear you didn't really read his post. I've seen it written elsewhere that the Jaguars QB situation is actually pretty good because we've got an experienced backup for Bortles.

I know nobody on this board agrees that he's one of the best backups in the league, but I think our viewpoints are probably tainted by what he did 2 years ago in a VERY bad situation with a lousy line and no receivers. I don't think he could string together a streak of wins, but I do think he could win a game here or there if called into duty. Especially if/when we get the line fixed. He'll have plenty of weapons to work with should he have to play.

I've seen Henne mentioned as one of the best backups in the league a good few times on the board,as I said I don't mind the signing but I would rate him as below average.

Can we go to the next topic.

Henne signed a 2 year deal for 8 mill.

Next topic please.

Behind an improved line, with a better run game, and throwing to Julius Thomas, AR-15, Hurns and Lee....

...Henne should be at least slightly better than what we've seen in years past.  

Yes, some have stretched a bit and called him one of the best back-ups  -  but I don't see much point in actually ranking back ups. 

Not worried. Blake is tough and played through injuries this past season.

Henne knows the book and will have a better offense around him. 

When the team lands a late pick or UDFA that can supplant him, they'll release him. Sooner or later. 

Quote:I'm curious who you would rather sign.

Ponder?

Mallet?

Freeman?

....Tebow?

I would take all those guys over Henne. Tired of seeing trash..

Quote: Tired of seeing trash..
The door is that way --------->

The play I saw year in the NFL at QB made me think he would go to Free Agency. One thing down.Next who is going to get released? We do not need the money but I say Clemons,Gerhart and maybe Beatles.

Quote:We could sign ISIS members and FBT and his cronies would think it's a great value signing.

Expect no less from a company man.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.