Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: What will the over/under be?
9+
[Show Results]

Predict Jags under/over win total for next year

We believe in Victory Ice Cream!

[Image: giphy-1.gif?w=650]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

As everyone else has said, it's way early to try to make that pick but since it's all just a guess anyway...assume that the defense progresses like the offense did this past year and the offense solidifies itself in some weak areas, I think 8 as an over/under is not out of this world.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:We believe in <del>Victory</del> Ice Cream!
[Image: giphy-1.gif?w=650]

The ice cream jokes will never get old

19-0

Obviously
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

if, in the case, Yeldon gets hurt...

Seems easy enough to unserstand
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:If the roster looks like what I think it will by September, and they stay relatively healthy on defense, then I see 8 wins as do-able. 

8 wins are doable? In the fourth season of a rebuild that's all you demand?

The bigotry of low expectations.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I think Vegas sets it at 6.5

I think Khan has it set at 7.5

Anything less than 8 wins and we're seeing some sweeping changes.... although, I think Caldwell is safe.

Quote:I think Vegas sets it at 6.5

I think Khan has it set at 7.5

Anything less than 8 wins and we're seeing some sweeping changes.... although, I think Caldwell is safe.
8 wins is the bar after 4 years...... Yikes. 

Bradley needs 10 wins and the playoffs.

Quote:8 wins is the bar after 4 years...... Yikes. 

Bradley needs 10 wins and the playoffs.
Doubtful.

People act like Rome was built in a day.

This team was historically bad. And then was gutted.

If you can't honestly say you'd feel pretty good with an 8 win season, I don't know what to tell you.

If you really expect an awful team to get great in a matter of 2 or 3 seasons you're crazy.

I highly doubt if Bradley gets this team to .500 he is fired.

We'll see... you all may get your wish anyway.

My personal expectations of this team are much higher. In my opinion we have enough talent on the offense to at least carry this team into playoffs. I expect to see that happen, as a fan.

Khan, the much more patient businessman might see 8-8 as real progress and allow Bradley his final contract year.

BUT... there is plenty of time later for you guys to bust out the pitchforks... let's just enjoy the offseason.

yikes indeed.

Quote:Doubtful.

People act like Rome was built in a day.

This team was historically bad. And then was gutted.

If you can't honestly say you'd feel pretty good with an 8 win season, I don't know what to tell you.

If you really expect an awful team to get great in a matter of 2 or 3 seasons you're crazy.

I highly doubt if Bradley gets this team to .500 he is fired.

We'll see... you all may get your wish anyway.

My personal expectations of this team are much higher. In my opinion we have enough talent on the offense to at least carry this team into playoffs. I expect to see that happen, as a fan.

Khan, the much more patient businessman might see 8-8 as real progress and allow Bradley his final contract year.

BUT... there is plenty of time later for you guys to bust out the pitchforks... let's just enjoy the offseason.

yikes indeed.
4 years to get to .500... WOO HOO

The defense should take a major step forward with the new additions we will most likely get. The offense should take another step with a better run game. We play in the worst division in football. If we can't win this division....

Quote:4 years to get to .500... WOO HOO

The defense should take a major step forward with the new additions we will most likely get. The offense should take another step with a better run game. We play in the worst division in football. If we can't win this division....
Hey I'm with you.

I think we should take the division by storm next season.

But 'ish' happens. Like Fowler going down in his very first pro camp.

After 4, 3, and 5 win seasons...

I'd probably let out a real 'woo hoo' for 8.

Yeah, that's a byproduct of being bad for so long... but I refuse to be so negative that I can't enjoy the gradual uptick in my team's arrow.

Quote:8 wins are doable? In the fourth season of a rebuild that's all you demand?

The bigotry of low expectations.

Huh?

I think you are confused.

First, I don't think that word means what you think it means.
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.google.com/search?q=bigotry&oq=bigotry&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.3795j1j4&client=tablet-android-nvidia&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8'>https://www.google.com/search?q=bigotry&oq=bigotry&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.3795j1j4&client=tablet-android-nvidia&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8</a>

Second, I never "demanded" anything.

Third, all I stated was that I believe this roster will finally have the pieces in place to reach .500.

I didn't set any imaginary "bar." I've been just as disappointed as anyone after the past 7 years, but its not going to make me "demand" anything.

I see this team scraping out a .500 record in 2016 if things go relatively well this off season. LOL. I'm at a loss as to why that gets your panties twisted. Its just one guys opinion on the state of the team. Good,bad or otherwise.

I'm feeling 8 wins. I think the schedule will make it difficult. I would LOVE a 10 winner, but I don't know. 

I guess that those who defend the "slow rebuilding" theory believe that the reward for their patience will be a long, sustained level of winning seasons and playoff appearances for this franchise, as opposed to a "flash-in-the-pan" transition to a winning season or two, followed by a return to the doldrums of disappointment after disappointment.

Only time will tell .............

Quote:I guess that those who defend the "slow rebuilding" theory believe that the reward for their patience will be a long, sustained level of winning seasons and playoff appearances for this franchise, as opposed to a "flash-in-the-pan" transition to a winning season or two, followed by a return to the doldrums of disappointment after disappointment.

Only time will tell .............
Precisely.

The 49ers are the perfect example of flash in the pan.

2 seasons, and yes, they made it to a Superbowl, but were quickly back to being nothing but bottom feeders in their division just 2-3 seasons later.

The idea fed to the fans by this FO is that it will be a slow and painful rebuild.

Which I think we can all agree the past 3 years were slow and mostly painful.

But by the end of it the roster should be in good position with key offense and defense players being just 3rd and 4th year players. If DC keeps it up at this rate, he should be able to sign all the guys we need to, let go of those he 'missed' on, and bring in key FAs with our extra cap.

The plan seemingly is going exactly how they planned it.

Except Bradley had to go say "it's built" and people clung to "3 year plan" as if year 3 was our year to go all the way.... just two years removed from being a historically bad NFL franchise.

I think even those of us who have defended Dave and Gus throughout the 3 years are at a point where it is put up or shut up time.

8 or 9 wins classifies as good enough, though I think many of us should expect better results. As in expect our team to perform as we think they can.

This offseason is huge for Dave, and obviously Gus.

Quote:Precisely.

The 49ers are the perfect example of flash in the pan.

2 seasons, and yes, they made it to a Superbowl, but were quickly back to being nothing but bottom feeders in their division just 2-3 seasons later.

The idea fed to the fans by this FO is that it will be a slow and painful rebuild.

Which I think we can all agree the past 3 years were slow and mostly painful.

But by the end of it the roster should be in good position with key offense and defense players being just 3rd and 4th year players. If DC keeps it up at this rate, he should be able to sign all the guys we need to, let go of those he 'missed' on, and bring in key FAs with our extra cap.

The plan seemingly is going exactly how they planned it.

Except Bradley had to go say "it's built" and people clung to "3 year plan" as if year 3 was our year to go all the way.... just two years removed from being a historically bad NFL franchise.

I think even those of us who have defended Dave and Gus throughout the 3 years are at a point where it is put up or shut up time.

8 or 9 wins classifies as good enough, though I think many of us should expect better results. As in expect our team to perform as we think they can.

This offseason is huge for Dave, and obviously Gus.
The offseason is huge for Dave.... Not for Gus.

The regular season is huge for Gus. He needs to have a fast start. Something like 3-1 in the first 4 games. 5-3 after 8. If he doesn't have a start like that (maybe 2-6 at the mid point) he will be canned mid season.

Quote:The offseason is huge for Dave.... Not for Gus.

The regular season is huge for Gus. He needs to have a fast start. Something like 3-1 in the first 4 games. 5-3 after 8. If he doesn't have a start like that (maybe 2-6 at the mid point) he will be canned mid season.
Well I meant... the offseason moves will be huge for Gus.

If somehow Dave can't bring in any big time FAs and we rely on all draft picks... it'll be tougher on Gus during the season.

He needs as much influx of talent on D as possible for his next year to be any type of success.

I think Caldwell's seat isn't warm at all though. I think if Gus is fired, mid season, end of season, whatever, Dave will get his shot with a 2nd HC>

Quote:Well I meant... the offseason moves will be huge for Gus.

If somehow Dave can't bring in any big time FAs and we rely on all draft picks... it'll be tougher on Gus during the season.

He needs as much influx of talent on D as possible for his next year to be any type of success.

I think Caldwell's seat isn't warm at all though. I think if Gus is fired, mid season, end of season, whatever, Dave will get his shot with a 2nd HC>
Totally agree. I actually think Caldwell has done a good job of accumulating talent. 

Pretty much everyone blames this years defense on injuries... So if we don't get an influx of defensive talent (which I fully expect us to get but lets say they don't) then getting Marks back and Fowler plus our draft picks should be enough for Gus to atleast make the defense average.

Quote:Totally agree. I actually think Caldwell has done a good job of accumulating talent. 

Pretty much everyone blames this years defense on injuries... So if we don't get an influx of defensive talent (which I fully expect us to get but lets say they don't) then getting Marks back and Fowler plus our draft picks should be enough for Gus to atleast make the defense average.
Yeah... people will point to DC's first draft and a few FA signings as failures... But I dare them to find a GM that is 80% or better on draft picks AND FA signings.

I see 6 at most barring a miracle breakthrough season for the defense. Not sure if gus will be here still but 6 is a good guess until we see the draft and free agency.