Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Did Cam Newton really need to dive?

Based on this logic, I seriously hope Bortles doesn't smile or celebrate if he plays any part in a touchdown next season.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Based on this logic, I seriously hope Bortles doesn't smile or celebrate if he plays any part in a touchdown next season.
I think it would be funny if Broncos get on the 1 yrd line and Peyton does a qb sneak for a TD then gets up and does the dab lol. I think it will be a good game though

Quote:I think it would be funny if Broncos get on the 1 yrd line and Peyton does a qb sneak for a TD then gets up and does the dab lol. I think it will be a good game though

Agreed on all parts.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

its a tv show. he had no logical reason to do it. His blocker was there. In the process he almost paralyzed himself

Quote:its a tv show. he had no logical reason to do it. His blocker was there. In the process he almost paralyzed himself

Hahahahahaha

Quote:its a tv show. he had no logical reason to do it. His blocker was there. In the process he almost paralyzed himself
lololol

Quote:So what's the difference between Brett Favre running around like a chicken with his head cut off after a score, Rodgers doing the discount double check thing, and Cam Newton?  Favre was lauded as having a child like enthusiasm for the game when he did that.  Why can't Newton be the same?  Why does Newton have to be symbolic of something that is wrong in sports?
I think most people feel there's a difference between child-like enthusiasm which is all about the game, and egotistical showmanship which is all about the player. But that's just my guess.

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2016, 12:26 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:I think most people feel there's a difference between child-like enthusiasm which is all about the game, and egotistical showmanship which is all about the player. But that's just my guess.
I like Newton but anyone who dont is obviously racist. You didnt know that?

Quote:I like Newton but anyone who dont is obviously racist. You didnt know that?

I hate this about modern world viewism.  I can enjoy the irony.  I'm just saying from my perspective.  I miss differences making us all stronger.  Oh well I got corrected on my nostalgic view of Smith and the helmet.  I'm wrong alot. Big Grin

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Let's lighten up on the race issue people, unless you want this thread closed too.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2016, 03:11 PM by Bullseye.)

Quote:I like Newton but anyone who dont is obviously racist. You didnt know that?
Nevermind.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:I think most people feel there's a difference between child-like enthusiasm which is all about the game, and egotistical showmanship which is all about the player. But that's just my guess.

The difference is not always as easy to see as the difference between 2 contrasting colors like black and white might be.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Apparently not. Something that didn't even occur to me. I'm glad I see the world in all it's colors and not just black and white. 

Quote:The difference is not always as easy to see as the difference between 2 contrasting colors like black and white might be.
I think it also depends on the generation one grew up in and their own personality.

I grew up in the 80's and back then there wasn't the showmanship there is now. That's how I learned football for lack of better words. I'm also a low key person, introvert unless I really know you, so the extrovert personality for me is very abrasive and not something I'm comfortable with. I do not like being around people who are 'in your face' types. My anxiety level goes through the roof. I'm not saying I don't like expressive people, because I do. I just prefer the high speed low drag folks who are at the top of their game but not so...... out there. If that makes any sense. Lol.

Introducing the Camdog, twice the mustard of the average hotdog.

[Image: Hot%20Dog%2008.gif]

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Which would be fine, but how do you determine which is which without talking to the individuals involved?

Both celebrations end up with prolonged camera time on them.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

"I see myself not only as a football player, but as an entertainer and an icon."

When he said this in 2011, I considered him to be brash and immature. Don't act like a ton of people didn't take issue with this comment just because he is in the Super Bowl now. Give me Barry Sanders and his boring, just hand the ball to the ref move, every day over a showboat who is in need of attention more than a 4 year old girl.

Respect his game. But he is a donkey of a human being.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Hines Ward showed plenty of "childlike" behavior.. grinning or laughing when he turned a corner to pick up a first down. This isn't about race. It's about someone who acts like a crybaby when things don't go their way, then acting like King Kong when it does that turns me way off. He is a ham.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote: But he is a donkey of a human being.

#GoodCall - http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/09/cam-newt...ing-cancer

I will always have a certain fondess for Cam after bringing an national title to Auburn, however I do agree that the celebrations can be over the top.