Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Are you ever embarrassed to go around telling people that you are a Jags fan?

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2016, 11:51 PM by jaglyn.)

Proud to be a Jags fan, and don't mind letting people know I'm from Jax and cheer for the home team.

I admit that their past performance is what's embarrassing. Up until the offensive resurgence of Bortles/Hurns/ARob, there was nothing to talk about in terms of the actual team

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Never embarrassed; but highly depressed lol. I'll never regret rooting for the Jags. One day it will pay off for all of us! Wink

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

I was driving out the gate at Al Udied air base yesterday and one of the guards was busting on me for my JAGS shirt.  He said I must be crazy...I told he no just patient and hopeful!

I am definitely not embarrassed to say I am a Jags fan. I always have been and I will always be a fan. That being said, I will not renew my tickets until there is drastic improvement. That is what is embarrassing! To try and tell other people that year after year I would pony up $1600 dollars for tickets/parking pass to watch the same crap is what is embarrassing.

For $299 I can easily get Sunday Ticket and see every game on TV that week and not have to drive 2+hours to Jacksonville for every home game.

Quote:No, but having to defend how terrible the team has been is taking its toll

This. Getting sick of the constant suckage.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Me: I'm a Jag fan... Usual response: I'm so sorry...there's alway next year. Sad
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I live in a small town in California which is mostly 9er/Raider fans, however we do have a decent Packer fanbase since Rodgers is from this area. Anyways Ive never cared what people think about my choice of a team as Ive been a fan since the start and always will be.

It has been pretty cool as of late considering most people are taking note of the Jags and have told me they like how the team is turning around and how awesome Blake is and his WRs and ect. So I have enjoyed taking that in the pass the season.

Anyways, I always love the "whoa a Jags fan?" reaction as I always have at least a Jags hat on. My wife hates it because people tend to start a conversation while we are checking out in a store or something. She's always like OMG you can talk to anyone! ha...

Do as I do, make light of our dismal record while trashing their team in the same breath.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

always wear my jag gear and i gets lots of props for my fanhood . remember all fans have been through it (except bandwagoners ,they re always winners )

We have an exclusive club here and we don't just let anyone join. Whenever I travel outside of Jax I make sure to rock one of my jags hats or shirts.

Never

I live 2 blocks from Lambeau and I wear Jaguars gear a lot never once have I been embarrassed to support my Jaguars. I get a lot of questions about it but after talking to people they realize how deep the colors and love run

When people ask me about my Jags gear I just stare through them with vacant eyes and mouth slightly agape and say, "Who?". Conversation ends quickly.

Not at all. I'm in Pittsburgh, heart of Steeler Country and I rarely catch any flak for it. If anything, there's love for the Jags up here.

At worst they are sympathetic for the rough stretch we've been in, but most share optimism for the Jags future under Bortles, for whom there is a LOT of respect up here.
PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

Quote:I'm embarrassed by embarrassed fans.

Haaaaa!!!

No.

And to be honest, there aren't a whole lot of people that dog me for it either.

Sure, there are some jokesters.... Pats and squeeler fans that think they'll be on top forever...

But for the most part the football fans I know are pretty down to Earth. Some even see what we see; progress.

A lot of displaced Saints fans in my area too... they know how bad it can be and how quickly the good times can fade.

If I was "embarrassed" to call myself a Jags fan... I wouldn't really be much of a fan, imo.

Quote:Me: I'm a Jag fan... Usual response: I'm so sorry...there's alway next year. Sad
There's always next year for 31 teams...

We might be further away from the ultimate goal, but only 1 franchise's fanbase is truly happy at years end.

Not anymore. We have the best WR duo in the league. QB finished 2nd in the league in passimg Tds.

Quote:I'm more embarrassed by how empty the stadium is or how many opposing team fans there are at the stadium on game day. That is a joke.

NFL is changing.  Other team fans are invading almost every stadium in the league.  With so many people wagering and playing fantasy football, the dynamics are changing in almost all of the stadiums around the league.  Jerry World was built to take money from the visiting fans.  Add to that the core teams that have huge national fan bases and you shouldn't be surprised.  Look at the measures the Broncos took to keep New England fans away.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Not embarrassed at all.

I usually have a hat, shirt or jacket on everyday.  Sometimes I get some flak from squeeler fans, but that's about it.

Browns and Bengal fans understand the rough stretches that teams go through.

Living close to New Orleans, everyone has something to say. Never was embarrassed, but it always sucks to hear people downgrade the Jags. #GoJags