Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How comfortable should Bradley/Caldwell be with re-signing Henne?
Very comfortable. Henne knows the system and there isn't anyone that would be a clear upgrade.
Somewhat comfortable. Henne would be the priority at backup QB, but if he gets any other serious offers that exceed his value let him walk.
Henne is just a guy. There are several other names on that list that bring about the same thing to the table that Henne does so sign the cheapest one.
Not comfortable. There are several clear upgrades to Henne on that list.
corn
Blank #2
[Show Results]

Re-sign Henne?

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2016, 01:14 PM by HolsterHusto.)

Quote:I think yelling is all caps..

You should stop thinking:

The <b>exclamation mark</b> (Commonwealth English) or <b>exclamation point</b> (American English) is a punctuation mark usually used after an interjection or exclamation to indicate strong feelings or high volume (shouting)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You gotta understand. These guys come from a different mindset than normal people. This team has beat these guys into submission to where they actually crave mediocrity. 
You two are so full of it.

Keep sniffing each other's jocks.

Mature level-headed mindset isn't the norm?

I got an idea... cry some more.

Henne >/= 90% of potential free agent QBs.

Vick over Henne? haha

Daniels over Henne? HAHAHAHA

You know diddly about squat.

Both of yas.

Quote:You two are so full of it.

Keep sniffing each other's jocks.

Mature level-headed mindset isn't the norm?

I got an idea... cry some more.

Henne >/= 90% of potential free agent QBs.

Vick over Henne? haha

Daniels over Henne? HAHAHAHA

You know diddly about squat.

Both of yas.

8 million dollar 2 year contract for a backup QB. Enough said.

Quote:You gotta understand. These guys come from a different mindset than normal people. This team has beat these guys into submission to where they actually crave mediocrity. 

Yes, you are poster child for the normal person mindset... Bawhahaha Huh

Quote:Yes, you are poster child for the normal person mindset... Bawhahaha Huh

Thank you. Glad someone sees it.

Quote:You should stop thinking:

The exclamation mark (<a class="bbc_url" href='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_in_the_Commonwealth_of_Nations'>Commonwealth English</a>) or exclamation point (<a class="bbc_url" href='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_English'>American English</a>) is a <a class="bbc_url" href='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation'>punctuation</a> mark usually used after an <a class="bbc_url" href='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interjection'>interjection</a> or <a class="bbc_url" href='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentence_(linguistics)'>exclamation</a> to indicate strong feelings or high volume (shouting)
Strong feelings!! That is what i have! So that validates my usage in exclamation points! Thanks for reaffirming me how correct i am! Lol u should try proving why we should keep Henne ..

Quote:Thank you. Glad someone sees it.

Yeah, you're welcome

[Image: srcstc.gif]

Quote:$4 million for a guy who knows the system, knows the personnel, and has no interest in rocking the boat seems reasonable.

No interest in rocking the boat? He couldn't rock the boat if he tried. It doesn't matter how well a guy knows the system and personnel if he's worthless behind Center. For the $4 mil per it would cost to re-sign Henne, we could easily do better with a qb who actually gives the Jaguars a chance to win games should Bortles go down.

'02

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2016, 01:26 PM by HolsterHusto.)

Quote:Strong feelings!! That is what i have! So that validates my usage in exclamation points! Thanks for reaffirming me how correct i am! Lol u should try proving why we should keep Henne ..

Just wondered why you were always yelling... Defensive much? lol

Quote:8 million dollar 2 year contract for a backup QB. Enough said.
Not your money. Enough said.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2016, 01:38 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:Not your money. Enough said.

It doesn't have to be my money to identify it is too much for a backup QB.

This is your logic and reasoning to Henne's bloated salary? "Not your money". lol.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2016, 01:37 PM by Yo Boy.)

Quote:Just wondered why you were always yelling... Defensive much? lol
CHECK THIS OUT.. Thats yelling.<a class="bbc_url" href='https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_caps'>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_caps</a>

Quote:If hes not going to be around much anyway its time to cut the dead weight.. Id take Vick over Henne,Daniels over Henne, you over Henne! Lol...He just got to go!

Vick? That says a lot. Vick sucks. He sucked on a GOOD team. Hell, he got replaced by Landry Jones.

Vick.

LOL!
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:No interest in rocking the boat? He couldn't rock the boat if he tried. It doesn't matter how well a guy knows the system and personnel if he's worthless behind Center. For the $4 mil per it would cost to re-sign Henne, we could easily do better with a qb who actually gives the Jaguars a chance to win games should Bortles go down.
Currently, salary hit doesn't really matter too much, as the Jags have alot of space.

However, I'd suspect that when it comes time to start re-signing the young core players to deals (Bortles, Allens, Yeldon, Telvin, etc.) that Henne will likely be let go or restructured to something much cheaper.

Henne is a solid backup. He'll not be starter material (seriously, hardly ANY backups are starting material).

But you have to remember, what we have seen of Henne was playing in an offense not even close to what is being fielded now. I know that gives us an awful remembrance of his play. But, it would likely look better now with the weapons developing and having a couple years experience, Yeldon running the ball instead of Gerhart/Drob, and the O-line better than the past two years.

Will Henne look like Bortles when he comes in? Lol, absolutely not. But no backup would.

Quote:Vick? That says a lot. Vick sucks. He sucked on a GOOD team. Hell, he got replaced by Landry Jones.

Vick.

LOL!
It's the same thought process of 

"Bill Cowher for HC, instant SB champs"

people like names... they're cool.

Quote:Will Henne look like Bortles when he comes in? Lol, absolutely not. But no backup would.

There are a few names out there that might at least look somewhat close. If Henne comes in, the passing game by comparison is practically shut down.

'02

Quote:There are a few names out there that might at least look somewhat close. If Henne comes in, the passing game by comparison is practically shut down.
Maybe that might be true. But with the Allens and JT, Henne would most likely fair better than what he had most of his playing time (Shorts,,Lewis).

Henne did get a couple early games with them last season,, But it was the Allens' first ever couple games, and the O-line was even worse than this season.

Even still, Hurns had a monster game with Henne at the helm in his first start (remember Henne drilling him deep for TDs?).

Anywya, when it's time for the Jags needing the cap space, something will be done with Henne, I'm sure.

Quote:Bradley will be coaching for his future here in Jacksonville next season as this will be the final year on his contract.  He's done nothing to date that warrants an extension, but that would likely change next season if he could somehow get this team to win the division or get into the playoffs as a wildcard. 

Assume you're in Bradley's shoes for the moment.  How comfortable would you be with bringing back Henne and him starting a significant amount of games next year due to a potential Bortles injury?  Henne has been in the building for the last 4 seasons so he has a leg up knowledge wise on anyone else they'd potentially bring in, but what we've seen performance wise from Henne leaves much to be desired.  It's also no guarantee that he doesn't want to go into a new situation where he might actually compete to start.

Assume you're in Caldwell's shoes for the moment and another dismal season would likely turn the heat on your seat way up.  How comfortable are you with rolling into next season with someone like Henne as the backup?  

I get that under normal circumstances Henne is a serviceable backup, but we're moving into a period where results need to be there or jobs are going to be lost.  Keep in mind that a 40 year old Matt Hasselbeck likely saved Pagano's job this year in Indy.  Do you think Henne could have done the same?  I know some of you want Bradley gone yesterday, but try to answer this poll question as if you were him or Caldwell and were looking at the prospect of this next season being your last if it goes badly.

Some potential 2016 free agent QBs:

Drew Stanton

Matt Schaub

Josh Johnson

Matt Cassel

Brock Osweiler

Dan Orlovsky

Brandon Weeden

T.J. Yates

Charlie Whitehurst

Matt Hasselbeck

Chad Henne

Chase Daniel

Matt Moore

Matt Flynn

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Sam Bradford

Michael Vick

Tajh Boyd

Kellen Clemens

Tavaris Jackson

Colt McCoy

Kirk Cousins

Also, Ryan Tannehill and RGIII could be allowed to test free agency and in RGIII's case it's rather likely.  Some of these names are not going to sign on to be someone's backup though, so keep that in mind.

I can't think of any other  fan base with a franchise QB that is so obsessed with the backup QB situation. The fascination with Chad Henne around here is weird.

Quote:No interest in rocking the boat? He couldn't rock the boat if he tried. It doesn't matter how well a guy knows the system and personnel if he's worthless behind Center. For the $4 mil per it would cost to re-sign Henne, we could easily do better with a qb who actually gives the Jaguars a chance to win games should Bortles go down.
Did he hurt this team this year? 

Odds are, with a revamped line and a healthy running game, the closest Henne gets to being on the field is pregame warm-ups. 

You don't like Henne.  That's well documented here.  But, to say we could "easily do better with a qb who actually gives the Jaguars a chance to win games should Bortles go down" is just silly.  Sorry.  Just about every team in the league can say the exact same thing.  Having a backup who has worked with the current personnel on the field, and has for a couple of years, and a guy who has been in the system for a couple of seasons has far more value than going out and getting another team's cast-off.  The dollar amount he's being paid is completely irrelevant. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Well, if Yo Boy and StoudCrowd don't want him ... lol

Didn't Tannehill sign a long-term big money deal last year?

I second D6's motion - try and find someone on Day 3 you can develop, although the odds are very, very thin. Hey, Tony Romo was undrafted.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.