Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chip Kelly fired by Eagles - merged

Quote:If he wants to stay in the NFL I don't think it will be his choice to give up personnel control.

I think he learned that from his recent conversation with Jeff Lurie.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.nbcsports.com/content/report-kelly-balked-when-lurie-asked-him-give-personnel'>http://m.nbcsports.com/content/report-kelly-balked-when-lurie-asked-him-give-personnel</a>
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:One Coach/GM, paid 1 salary, produced a 26-21 season, fired.

A GM, and a Coach, 2 people and paid 2 separate salaries, produced a 12-35 record with no playoffs, retained.

#KhanTheBidnessMan

The business of the NFL relates very little to the individual team product on the field. Every league needs it's jobbers, and we're the Vince Lombardi of football.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

He would still be employed if he had somehow been able to trade up for Mariota.

Quote:Hired in the same offseason:

Chip Kelly 26-21 record; fired

Gus Bradley 12-35 record; retained

lol

Chip Kelly: Traded Nick Foles and a 2nd rounder for Sam Bradford and a 3rd or 4th rounder.

Gus Bradley: Let Dave Caldwell make his picks.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Chip Kelly: Traded Nick Foles and a 2nd rounder for Sam Bradford and a 3rd or 4th rounder.

Gus Bradley: Let Dave Caldwell make his picks.

Dave Caldwell: Got picks for Blaine Gabbert and an injured kicker. What could he get for Gus?

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Deservedly so

About time. Was not a fan of his as a duck nor in the NFL. At least his college kids played out well for him but still. Over rated.

Quote:Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet  55s

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">55 seconds ago
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Among the things DeMarco Murray told owner Jeffrey Lurie weeks ago was that he had no confidence in Chip Kelly as head coach, I'm told.

</div>

Is that what it takes to get a HC fired?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I'd hate to lose Marrone.

I believe the Gus haters on this MB would really go off if Doug Marrone gets hired as HC for another team and that team has a better record then the Jags, especially if that team makes a real playoff run or, even makes the playoffs.

OH BOY it could get ugly in here.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

I would love for the tacks to hire him.  Let them try to sell any free agent on that locker room after the toxic meltdown he just created.

Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:I believe the Gus haters on this MB would really go off if Doug Marrone gets hired as HC for another team and that team has a better record then the Jags, especially if that team makes a real playoff run or, even makes the playoffs.

The board would reach meltdown proportions.

If I was a betting man, I would put real money on Kelly to the tacks.

As for marrone... I think he's got one more year before another team picks him up... I think owners will be wary of his past a little while longer.

Quote:I believe the Gus haters on this MB would really go off if Doug Marrone gets hired as HC for another team and that team has a better record then the Jags, especially if that team makes a real playoff run or, even makes the playoffs.

That's the thing...it could get ugly in here. The question is, who cares? This board is a bunch of armchair GM's who couldn't run this team if given the chance. Khan took this franchise when it was at its lowest point, made it profitable, and has now made it competitive.

Do we all wish we would've beaten the Colts early in the season? Yes.

Should we have beaten the Panthers, Jets, Chargers, and Falcons? Yes.

Pats game not withstanding, are we still getting blown out each game? No.

This team needs to stay the course. The progress is there. Getting Fowler Jr. back on the field will help, as well as firing Babich and retooling the defense. Fix the pass rush and the secondary won't look quite so bad by having to cover for 8-10 seconds each play.

My Lord, people. You may not like Gus, but nobody can say that firing him won't upset an apple cart that is well on its way to being righted. After the roster Gus inherited, we lose nothing by giving him one more contract year to make the final improvements.

Quote:Think about the rosters here and there. Which one would you want to coach?

Let's more accurately say effectively coach. Regardless of roster, that still leaves Bradley out. I sincerely hope the man proves me wrong next year. I'll be the first to come here and sing his praises and admit my error, but I'm not counting on it.

Quote:As for marrone... I think he's got one more year before another team picks him up... I think owners will be wary of his past a little while longer.

I think the way the offensive line played this season would hurt him a bit too. Hopefully, he stays around.
No commercial messages in sigs

To be fair here, Chip Kelly inherited a talented team that Reid left behind. Gus' best players were cut and traded

Quote:One Coach/GM, paid 1 salary, produced a 26-21 season, fired.

A GM, and a Coach, 2 people and paid 2 separate salaries, produced a 12-35 record with no playoffs, retained.

#KhanTheBidnessMan
Great comparison.  Did you bother to look at the rosters each coach inherited when they arrived, or would that have kind of deflated your argument a bit?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Kelly should stick to the college ranks where:

1. His system actually works

2. He can out-recruit other schools

3. He can utilize better athleticism of his squad over other schools

It just doesn't work in the NFL. Every team has the best athletes that came from college. And he can't out-recruit other NFL teams.

Kelly's been a mess in the Pros.

Kelly will be going to the Titans now

Quote:Kelly will be going to the Titans now

That's my thinking too

Quote:That's the thing...it could get ugly in here. The question is, who cares? This board is a bunch of armchair GM's who couldn't run this team if given the chance. Khan took this franchise when it was at its lowest point, made it profitable, and has now made it competitive.

Do we all wish we would've beaten the Colts early in the season? Yes.

Should we have beaten the Panthers, Jets, Chargers, and Falcons? Yes.

Pats game not withstanding, are we still getting blown out each game? No.

This team needs to stay the course. The progress is there. Getting Fowler Jr. back on the field will help, as well as firing Babich and retooling the defense. Fix the pass rush and the secondary won't look quite so bad by having to cover for 8-10 seconds each play.

My Lord, people. You may not like Gus, but nobody can say that firing him won't upset an apple cart that is well on its way to being righted. After the roster Gus inherited, we lose nothing by giving him one more contract year to make the final improvements.

Should have beaten the Panthers? Really? You mean the team that is 14-1?

Hoping is one thing. Expecting is another.

Otherwise, you're right on.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.