Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Coaches on the hot seat

Quote:Sorry bud, Bradley will be back next year.

Yep, everyone except angry Jaguars fans with an anti-Bradley agenda knows this.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yep, everyone except angry Jaguars fans with an anti-Bradley agenda knows this.
People are permitted to have opinions. We permit you to have yours. Some people don't have anti-Bradley agenda.

Bradley should be extremely grateful that he came to the Jags. Not every coach gets essentially two free yrs and a bad to avg 3rd yr.

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2015, 09:49 PM by Bullseye.)

Quote:Bradley should be extremely grateful that he came to the Jags. Not every coach gets essentially two free yrs and a bad to avg 3rd yr.
Yeah...but here's an argument on the other side, from a player.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/12/10/cleve...ke-pettine

In relevant part...from Browns Pro Bowl LT Joe Thomas...

Quote: 

“The lack of continuity,” Thomas says frankly, “is the No. 1 reason we have been held back as an organization since the team returned in 1999.”

Thomas is in his ninth season. He has played for five head coaches: Romeo Crennel, 2007-08. Eric Mangini, 2009-10. Pat Shurmur, 2011-12. Rob Chudzinski, 2013. Mike Pettine, 2014-? If you don’t think this takes a toll on a team’s long-term fortunes, you don’t know what it’s like to be stuck in the revolving door.

“It’s gotten hard for me the older I’ve gotten, because I’ve realized that it does take time to build something special,” Thomas, 31, continues. “I don’t think you are going to win the Super Bowl the first year you have a new head coach. I look at my career, getting older and older, and saying, my window of opportunity is smaller and smaller. And when you have a new coach, it becomes even smaller, because now you are looking at, probably, legitimately, a three or four-year process to find out if he’s got what it takes, if they’ve got the pieces in place to win consistently. This is my ninth year, next year will be 10, so you do the math.”

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:People are permitted to have opinions. We permit you to have yours. Some people don't have anti-Bradley agenda.

I know not everyone has an agenda, but it is pretty obvious from many posts on here some people do when it comes to opinions about Gus Bradley because they want to hate him.

Quote:I know not everyone has an agenda, but it is pretty obvious from many posts on here some people do when it comes to opinions about Gus Bradley because they want to hate him.
Maybe because it took him the better part of three years to reach double-digit wins?

Quote:I know not everyone has an agenda, but it is pretty obvious from many posts on here some people do when it comes to opinions about Gus Bradley because they want to hate him know he's not up to the job.

FTFRationality.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:How about fire to your posting abilities. Seriously, We get your agenda. 

Did you perchance notice that you are in a thread about coaches getting fired? That the coach of the Jaguars is so bad that just about every time another coach loses to him that coach gets fired? That he could have three consecutive 12 win seasons and his career record would still be sub .500? That he is the worst tenured coach in the NFL? He's had his time here and we should move on.

But we won't.

And we'll still be having these conversations about close losses to bad teams and blow out losses to good teams next year.

Because Gus.

#becausejaguars

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Did you perchance notice that you are in a thread about coaches getting fired? That the coach of the Jaguars is so bad that just about every time another coach loses to him that coach gets fired? That he could have three consecutive 12 win seasons and his career record would still be sub .500? That he is the worst tenured coach in the NFL? He's had his time here and we should move on.

But we won't.

And we'll still be having these conversations about close losses to bad teams and blow out losses to good teams next year.

Because Gus.

#becausejaguars

I agree, but on the flip side, right now things seem to be working very well offensively.

If we can get a DC who can mimic the performance of the offense or even come close, and Gus just sticks to motivating the players, we could wind up with a really nice set up.

I'm hoping Dan Quinn gets fired now and we could help that haha
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:I agree, but on the flip side, right now things seem to be working very well offensively.

If we can get a DC who can mimic the performance of the offense or even come close, and Gus just sticks to motivating the players, we could wind up with a really nice set up.

I'm hoping Dan Quinn gets fired now and we could help that haha

I would love for this team to be successful. I think the head coach will prevent that unless we can put an all star quality staff of assistants in place like we have with the offense. And if that's the case then what good is the head coach? Head coaches are supposed to make the staff good, not the other way around.

Quote:Maybe because it took him the better part of three years to reach double-digit wins?

I don't want to waste time arguing with people who refuse to listen to me because my beliefs smack in the face of their agendas. But you an't convince me that little fact is more important than our roster and injury reports.

Quote:I don't want to waste time arguing with people who refuse to listen to me because my beliefs smack in the face of their agendas reality.

Quote:I would love for this team to be successful. I think the head coach will prevent that unless we can put an all star quality staff of assistants in place like we have with the offense. And if that's the case then what good is the head coach? Head coaches are supposed to make the staff good, not the other way around.

In a perfect world for the jags, Gus will just have to make sure the players are playing their hardest and all buying in to what the team is trying to accomplish.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Back to NFL coaches who are likely to lose their jobs after January 3 . . .

Who do you think will be shown the door first?

Quote:Back to NFL coaches who are likely to lose their jobs after January 3 . . .

Who do you think will be shown the door first?
Which door are you talking about exactly? Everyone knows a garage door is bigger than a bathroom door and I don't know why you would show a coach a garage door unless he is wanting a new one.

Regards........................the Chiefjag

Quote:Which door are you talking about exactly? Everyone knows a garage door is bigger than a bathroom door and I don't know why you would show a coach a garage door unless he is wanting a new one.

The headquarters building's front door.

Quote:I would love for this team to be successful. I think the head coach will prevent that unless we can put an all star quality staff of assistants in place like we have with the offense. And if that's the case then what good is the head coach? Head coaches are supposed to make the staff good, not the other way around.

You need a good HC in place even if you do have "an all star quality staff of assistants" because some of those all star assistants will get promoted and go to other teams.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

I'm not a Gus Bradley fan. However, if he can finish out this season with some semblance of respectability (no lopsided blowouts - preferably wins, no more senseless timeouts and challenge calls, no more flummoxed sideline actions) I would reconsider my position. I really don't want to leverage my considerable influence and make that call to Shad. Help me save your job, Gus.

Quote:You need a good HC in place even if you do have "an all star quality staff of assistants" because some of those all star assistants will get promoted and go to other teams.

I am not worried about any "all start" assistant coaches getting other jobs before they have been together for a full season.

BTW did you ever think having great assistants is part of being a good head coach? One reason I like Gus Bradley is he hired Greg Olson.

Quote:You need a good HC in place even if you do have "an all star quality staff of assistants" because some of those all star assistants will get promoted and go to other teams.

Exactly, the influence is supposed to go down from the top because he is the constant.