Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
PFF's Top 10 Defensive Free Agents

Quote:He said Panthers CANT pay him not WONT pay him....that's why I was asking what he meant. Two different statements there.
he said cant pay him AND OTHERS seeking money...

I imagine their cap situation might have them a little tight with stars like Cam and Luke getting paid.

IDK the ins and outs of their situations but I imagine if they are tight on cash, the poster thinks they can't pay Norman and Olsen or whatever other playmaker they need to pay.,

But what I say is you pay Norman, and figure the rest out after.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Kawann Short will get a big contract also

Jets Wilkerson broke his leg today so I would take him off the list

You would take a monster d lineman off your list because he broke a leg? I'd guess he'd be pretty healed up by the time the season starts. I'd love to have him on the Jags.

Quote:Jets Wilkerson broke his leg today so I would take him off the list

Broken leg would be fully healed well before training camp

Realistically, I would like to see the Jags go after Olivier Vernon, Kelechi Osemele, and Eric Weddle/Tashuan Gipson.

I'd like to go after the Von Miller/Eric Berrys of the world, but let's be honest, they usually get resigned and/or would never come here. Olivier Vernon is a young, up-and-coming pass rusher to pair with Fowler. Osemele can play LG or LT, which we all saw yesterday is still a huge need. Weddle or Gipson would be a huge improvement over what we currently have on the roster.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2016, 09:49 AM by irontrooper83.)

The other day Caldwell said this about Free Agency:

"but for us we can really start to narrow down our needs. In the past we were just trying to get guys come in and plug holes. Now we can focus on what our 4-5 areas of need and be aggressive instead of "shoot, we have 16-18 needs, let's see who we can get"

Caldwell said the Jaguars would probably have 1-2 targets the first day of free agency in March.

LOL! I love how we all jump at all these players when FA starts (myself included). Bwahahaha. I'd love to pull some of these players, but we all really know how it's going to go down. We might get one of these players (Berry). Miller will be staying in Denver. Norman will be staying in Carolina. Wilkerson will go elsewhere. Hali is staying in KC. Weddle will be overpaid most likely (not a Jag). Irvin is going to ATL. I'd say go hard on Berry and Gipson; maybe continue on Mack (even though I think his time is passed or close to). If we could trade our 2nd rounder for Joe Thomas, would you?? That would be weird though, potentially getting 3 Browns players.... Then draft heavy on CB, LBs, and O-line.

GO JAGS!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

I'll take 1-4 please
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]