Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
3 Quarters of the season in what are the Jags top 5 needs?

I'll go in depth #becauseoilchange

I feel like the offense is almost set. We need a LT and a Center. A definite starter at Center, and someone to come in and compete and push Joeckel. Other than that we need a couple more roleplayers. We need a power RB that can also lead block, ala Mike Tolbert... I miss Greg Jones, and this Alualu experiment is a joke. And we could also use another blocking TE, since the move TE is pretty set with Thomas and Harbor. Jacobs could take Lewis' spot, at a much cheaper salary, and then get a backup to Jacobs. Beadles, Gerhart, Lewis, and Wiz should be gone.

Defensively, we need everything. LEO should be completely overhauled, with only Fowler, Smith, and Davis back. Miller and Marks are good enough to keep around next season, but we need better depth behind them. At LB, Smith is a future pro bowler. Poz played pretty bad yesterday, and eventually, we should draft his replacement. We definitely need another solid player at OTTO. At CB, I like House. But as a #2 CB, and Colvin as a nickel. We need a true #1 CB. And safety is a joke. Cyp, Evans, Sample, and Brown should all be in competition for SS, and we need to go out and find a playmaker at FS. Clemons, Branch, and hopefully Gratz, will be gone next season.

The special teams has improved over the last few weeks. With improved depth on the defense, our special team will improve as well. I see the potential of Meyers, but we need to bring in another kicker to compete with him... we can't have missed XPS or missed chip shot FGs. He's only good at the power kicks, right now.
No commercial messages in sigs

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Draft a corner in the first round? A corner can't guard someone for 6 seconds when the pass rush doesn't get pressure.

It's always been QB LT and Pass rushers then corners. We have Colvin and House. We have zero pass rushers and if Fowler is good, we need someone else with him

Quote:Draft a corner in the first round? A corner can't guard someone for 6 seconds when the pass rush doesn't get pressure.

It's always been QB LT and Pass rushers then corners. We have Colvin and House. We have zero pass rushers and if Fowler is good, we need someone else with him

I agree, we should add another pass rusher to go with Fowler... maybe bringing one in to man the OTTO. The defense is probably going to take two drafts to completely fix, unless Caldwell hits on every free agent signing and draft pick. I still think we will need a #1 CB, but I don't think that'll be our first round pick. It depends on where we are selecting, though.
No commercial messages in sigs