Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Titans Week again

Quote:Do you guys think it will be like the last time or totally different?

One nice thing to think about is the fact we will not be wearing gold uniforms.

It all depends of if Gus can make some adjustments as to what the tacks did to get the lead in the last game.

Also, if Gus can find a way to cover Delanie Walker this time around.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Deep thoughts... about the 'tacks'.

When Fischer was the tacks head coach and he wore a 'mullet' hair style... was that 'tackless'?

If a player tackles a tack, does that mean he is 'tactful' or does it just mean the tackled tack 'got the point'?

Huh

Quote:Deep thoughts... about the 'tacks'.

When Fischer was the tacks head coach and he wore a 'mullet' hair style... was that 'tackless'?

If a player tackles a tack, does that mean he is 'tactful' or does it just mean the tackled tack 'got the point'?

Huh

Makes me feel dirty just thinking about it. Will our guys really have to touch them?  So icky ... probably will need penicillin afterwards, or maybe even quarantined.

Screw the tacks, in the mornings I piss in the direction of Nashville
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:It all depends of if Gus can make some adjustments as to what the tacks did to get the lead in the last game.

Also, if Gus can find a way to cover Delanie Walker this time around.

Delanie Walker should not have as many opportunities this time because two weeks ago, all of the starting wide receivers were out, which made him an easy target. Coaches will have to adjust to wide receivers who did not play last time.

Unfortunately I can't find a good Titans message board this week. Our new buddy from Nashville will have to help us here.

I will look for each team's final injury report and add that to Jags02's weekly Inactives thread.

Quote:Delanie Walker should not have as many opportunities this time because two weeks ago, all of the starting wide receivers were out, which made him an easy target. Coaches will have to adjust to wide receivers who did not play last time.

Delanie Walker is probably the best and most reliable pass catcher on that team regardless of which WRs are healthy or not. Shutting him down has to be a priority, along with pressuring Mariota. 2 things I think the Jags won't do that will cost them the game: cover the TE and rush the passer. Nevermind a regressing Blake Bortles with no pass protection or running game against a solid defense at home.

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2015, 08:49 AM by Jags437.)

Quote:Screw the tacks, in the mornings I [BAD WORD REMOVED] in the direction of Nashville

Not sure which bodily function you do towards Nashville, but I do all of them towards Nashville.  I also eat a bunch of Smurf colored food coloring so that I can literally poop out a stinkin' tack.  I also make sure to eat spicy chili to make sure it's really nasty.  Then I flush it down the toilet and curse at it as it leaves my presence. 

Is that weird?

One of these years.............

Quote:Delanie Walker is probably the best and most reliable pass catcher on that team regardless of which WRs are healthy or not. Shutting him down has to be a priority, along with pressuring Mariota. 2 things I think the Jags won't do that will cost them the game: cover the TE and rush the passer. Never mind a regressing Blake Bortles with no pass protection or running game against a solid defense at home.

Are you predicting a loss Sunday?

People who actually watch the games know Blake Bortles is not regressing.

Quote:Delanie Walker is probably the best and most reliable pass catcher on that team regardless of which WRs are healthy or not. Shutting him down has to be a priority, along with pressuring Mariota. 2 things I think the Jags won't do that will cost them the game: cover the TE and rush the passer. Nevermind a regressing Blake Bortles with no pass protection or running game against a solid defense at home.

I'm not really sure how much actual "regressing" a second year NFL QB can do, but I agree 110% with the underlined.

You would think by now the coaching staff would have at least a few plays to account for these glaring deficiencies on defense, especially when playing against a rookie QB who has seen a whopping what, 12-15 NFL defenses? 

I refuse to predict a loss for the Jags but I'm not especially confident in the W.

“It just shows what kind of team we are. We’re a tough team. We like contact. We’re very physical. We want the issue to be brought to us so we can show people we can stand up to it and overcome it. Seeing that’s just a symbol of our team and who we are.” - Jaguars DT Malik Jackson

Quote:Delanie Walker should not have as many opportunities this time because two weeks ago, all of the starting wide receivers were out, which made him an easy target. Coaches will have to adjust to wide receivers who did not play last time.

Umm no. The fact that their best wide receivers were out meant our best coverage players should of been covering DW the fact they're not back means they will now be covering the wide receivers which means he theoritically should get more opportunities.

Quote:Are you predicting a loss Sunday?

People who actually watch the games know Blake Bortles is not regressing.

How did you know I don't watch any of the games? You sure come across as arrogant towards other people's opinions!

To me, Bortles has clearly regressed (physically, not skillset) from where he was during the first month of the season. His throws are wobbly, and he's been more inaccurate as the season wears on. I'm not saying his skills are regressing, but I do think he's taken a beating physically again this year and it's beginning to show a bit. At the beginning of the year he was healthy and throwing spirals with more velocity it seems like. Remember him having a "dead arm" last year? It's not his skills that are regressing, it's his physical ability to perform that's regressing because he gets blown up every week. We're talking about the most sacked QB in the league for the last 2 seasons, let alone a second year player.

As of now - its looking like Robinson/Lee/Greene will be the our "starting" receivers in tack-land Sunday.

Hurns is out and Walters is not only questionable but has had the dropsies for a few weeks.

Quote:As of now - it's looking like Robinson/Lee/Greene will be the our "starting" receivers in tack-land Sunday.

Hurns is out and Walters is not only questionable but has had the dropsies for a few weeks.

If Walters can play, he will.

Quote:Unfortunately I can't find a good Titans message board this week. Our new buddy from Nashville will have to help us here.

I will look for each team's final injury report and add that to Jags02's weekly Inactives thread.

Tacks message board:

[Image: chalkboard_abcd.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Tacks message board:

[Image: chalkboard_abcd.jpg]

False!  Their message board isn't nearly as advanced!

One of these years.............

Quote:If Walters can play, he will.

I hope he can play - and I hope he does play.  But, I'd put Greene on the field in 3 receiver formations and make Walters the 4th guy on the depth chart this week. 

Marqise Lee better step up with Hurns out.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:If Walters can play, he will.
No kidding. But... what if he can't play? Will he, then?
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Do you guys think it will be like the last time or totally different?

One nice thing to think about is the fact we will not be wearing gold uniforms.

The tacks going to be a tougher in Tennessee as they are much healthier. Along with their starting NT Al Woods returning, they also get back RB Bishop Sankey, WR Kenny Wright an CB Blidi Wreh Wilson. Meanwhile, we're out Allen Hurns for this game.

'02