Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
In terms of overall talent, are the Jaguars good enough to beat a team like Seattle?

Aside from a handful of teams Pats, Cards, Bengals, Packers, Steelers, Carolina I think we are capable of beating most teams.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2015, 11:33 AM by StitchJones.)

No.

We have some pretty good players, but in the trenches we would be no match. We have little pass rushing threat and our secondary would get picked apart. Sorry, but it would be no contest. We're just not at the same level of talent as the seahawks.

We could probably have a competitive game with Seattle, but with a team like Seattle, you have to have to be talented in the trenches. We aren't very talented in either of those areas. The teams that are beating Seattle have good offensive lines and/or defensive lines (Cincy, St Louis, Arizona). Seattle has a very poor offensive line, and actually have had a bad line since Wilson took over.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Seattle loss to the Rams. I would say we are pretty close to the Rams level of talent.
No.

the rams have a better HC... even if I can't stand 'mullet head'.

Quote:No.

Does Jeff have a rational thought disruptor?  He is an average wins guy for his career.  I guess the nostalgia smash mouth mentality is appealing to some but has the guy really figured out the modern game of football?  Does he really embrace the rule changes and moving his team to take advantage of the overwhelming advantages the passing game has built in?

Jeez.  And seriously I shouldn't be responding but I'm tired of the Seattle comparisons and goals.  Tired of us having a LEO and blah blah blah.  Honestly I'm glad the team decided to throw in some blitzes against a rookie.  Maybe if they had done that we would have won the Tampa game.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:Im all for optimism, i think were headed in the right direction. That being said it took a facemask, a 53 yd Fg and a 63 yard punt return for us to beat two teams with a combined 4 wins.

FIFY

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

I don't see how the Jags would beat Seattle, although the Seahawks are not as unbeatable as they have been the last 2 years.

Gus would get outcoached all day by Pete Carroll.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I don't see how the Jags would beat Seattle, although the Seahawks are not as unbeatable as they have been the last 2 years.

Gus would get outcoached all day by Pete Carroll.

Like I said, the talent is sufficient.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:No.

The question was about the talent of the players.

Quote:We are also a play away from having a few more wins.

One play often determines the outcome in the NFL.

They don't call it a game of inches for nothing.
This is true... but it would also be equally true that we are only one play away from being win'less this season. Of the wins we've had, we've only just scraped by... and that against teams who were either down on their luck or just plain ol' not very good. 

'a half full glass is also a half empty glass'....

Give me 1 more DE and Khalil Mack type LB and lights out safety. Fowler and the rest can make the defense elite. When we get Linder back and move Cann to guard, we're straight on that O

Quote:This is true... but it would also be equally true that we are only one play away from being win'less this season. Of the wins we've had, we've only just scraped by... and that against teams who were either down on their luck or just plain ol' not very good.

'a half full glass is also a half empty glass'....

The hero of the day. Sir, your posts should be sent to every household in Jax and beyond. The Jags are essentially winless TO BE HONEST. A fg to beat the horrible fish, luck. Buffalo, no starters, luck. Their #1 O will crush us 48-0. We all know Jets was a gift after that generous Khan donation. And titans? Really? 7 trips in their redzone to none for them. It should have been 49-0 titans. Gawd help our sucky Jags.

I say Rivers will crush us even more. Hopefully we'll at least compete. I am praying for a 4 score loss. To let the league know we are improving.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:We have Bortles, The Allens, TJ Yeldon, Julius Thomas, Marqise Lee, Bryan Walters, Shoelace, Marks, Odrick, Branch, Poz, Telvin, House, Colvin, and McCray (I do not know why this team continues to start Gratz over McCray). I think we could definitely match them blow for blow at least, and ARob and Hurns could shut Richard Sherman up. In a real life game- I could see us beating Seattle 20-13. What do you guys think?

Any given Sunday theory, that any team can beat any team in the NFL...

They say that but its not really true.

I mean a lot of factors go into it.  Health of players, coaches level of talent/skill as well as the players and schemes & how they match up. 

In regards to Seattle vs Jaguars, I think the talent is heavier on Seattle's side at this point than that of Jaguars but who knows in the future?

Seattle's offensive line is probably worse than ours. +1

They have a couple studs at RB. -1

They have a bunch of regular joes at WR +1

They have a name in Graham at TE, much in the same way we have on in Thomas.  =

I'll give Wilson the nod at QB, for some obvious reasons (SB, play making ability, limits mistakes) but I think long-term Jags are better off =

Pretty close to a wash on offense

Defense? Well they just have more overall talent.

Though they aren't what they used to be after dealing with some injuries and losing guys in FA.

Could we beat them? Yes.

But I'd pick them over us probably 7 out of 10 times...

Looking ahead to teams we actually play this season.

We match up well talent wise VS opposing defenses down the road. (Houston and Tenn are the best D's we'll see the rest of the way)

We're to a point where mistakes limit scoring, so if Bortles (and everyone else) limits turnovers, we should be good enough to outscore those we can't defend (Saints and Falcons weapons on O)

And teams like TN and INDY we will need defense.

We can beat all of them.

CAN....

we'll see what happens VS a depleted bolts team

Quote:Give me 1 more DE and Khalil Mack type LB and lights out safety. Fowler and the rest can make the defense elite. When we get Linder back and move Cann to guard, we're straight on that O
True....

We're really not that far away from a talent stand point. Dave has done a great job of infusing young talent on the offense and a few pieces on defense too, Telvin, Colvin and Cyprian is starting to really play well lately! Look at this roster in 2012/13. It was below average at just about every position. Our free agents, minus Gerhart, have started to really fit in here and play well also. 

Quote:Aside from a handful of teams Pats, Cards, Bengals, Packers, Steelers, Carolina I think we are capable of beating most teams.

This.

I can't recall parity being this strong.

Few teams dominate and/or can reconfigure themselves on the fly to effectively mitigate their weaknesses and cover injury on a weekly basis.

The teams above are on the short list of those best at it.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."