Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
People always saying "next year is our year" (merged "Playoffs" threads)

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2015, 09:02 AM by JagsFanSince95.)

Honest opinion, if the Jaguars could get out of their own damn way(call it bad coaching, talent, whatever) this team could run the table and go 9-7, and if Atlanta plays poorly, 10-6. The problem is, in the last 3 years we have proven to rarely get out of our own way. We are kings of shooting ourselves in the foot and getting a raw deal on calls, etc. If we could just limit the self inflicted wounds, I think we could easily get to 9-7. Do I think we will? No, we will lose to SD and Atlanta, and feel like the rest of the games are a toss up. 6-10 or 7-9 is likely, 7-9 probably wins the division though!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Honest opinion, if the Jaguars could get out of their own damn way(call it bad coaching, talent, whatever) this team could run the table and go 9-7, and if Atlanta plays poorly, 10-6. The problem is, in the last 3 years we have proven to rarely get out of our own way. We are kings of shooting ourselves in the foot and getting a raw deal on calls, etc. If we could just limit the self inflicted wounds, I think we could easily get to 9-7. Do I think we will? No, we will lose to SD and Atlanta, and feel like the rest of the games are a toss up. 6-10 or 7-9 is likely, 7-9 probably wins the division though!
7-9 just like the carolina panthers of last season.  We are on our way.

The Jags are in a good place right now.  They are realistically in the playoff race with the recent wins even though they've still not put a complete game together.  Now they have 10 days to heal and prepare for a schedule that, if they continue to win, would put them into increasingly bigger games. 

San Diego - This may be the easiest game left on the schedule, not that Rivers isn't a great QB who has torched the Jags many times, but like seemingly every team we face they are devastated by injuries and not playing well.  This needs to be a win. 

@ Tennessee - this could be a pretty tough game.  I'm hoping the OL can handle Tennessee's front 7 better, and I like the way our secondary is playing.  Will Tennessee be healthier in 2 weeks?  This is one that will likely come down to special teams and turnovers.  But it's another must-win in terms of the tiebreaker (division record). 

Colts - This is the biggie.  The Colts in Duval with no Luck.  Pretty much gotta win this to take the division. 

Atlanta - this almost feels like a game the Jags could lose and still be okay.  They need to beat either the Falcons or the Saints the following week.  The division games are much bigger than these NFC games, but they still need 7 or 8 wins. 

@ New Orleans - see Atlanta

@ Houston - hopefully the other biggie.  Tough game on the road but it could be a win and you're in the playoffs, lose and you pick in the top 15 situation. 

This is the way I see it. Good post. I got nothing else to say lol

We already lost to the Colts when Andrew Suck was out. However it was one of those games where we did not make halftime adjustments so the second half was ugly. Defensive penalties on one Colts drive was another issue. That game is probably the easiest one on our remaining schedule.

I have a bad feeling about the Saints. Yes, their defense is terrible, but they have Drew Brees. Our pass defense sucks so he is going to torch those guys.

Win out. Championship

I was actually thinking Bortles could drop 5 TDs on the Saints D.  He may need to if we can't pressure Brees.

Quote:I was actually thinking Bortles could drop 5 TDs on the Saints D. He may need to if we can't pressure Brees.

Our offense is not good enough to score 35 points yet even against bad defenses. I will wait until Saints week to worry about that though.

Quote:Our offense is not good enough to score 35 points yet even against bad defenses. I will wait until Saints week to worry about that though.

Simply not true. Our offense is extremely capable of the above feat IMO.

The remaining divisional games of course are must wins. Atlanta, New Orleans, and San Diego - They can get away with just 1 win of those 3 but safer if they get 2. 

So the Jags must win 4 to 5 more games and end up with 8 or 9 wins to get the division. I don't see it. They barely beat the Ravens/Titans which are two of the worst teams in the league. Don't get me wrong, Ill be praying and cheering but realistic expectations say the Jags come up short. Either way, The division will have to go through Houston. 

Can't wait to see whats next. 

I think we lose against the Chargers,Saints and Falcons.

As has been the case all season I can see us being in all the remaining games in the 4th quarter. The most exciting season we have had in years whatever happens.

Quote:Simply not true. Our offense is extremely capable of the above feat IMO.

When was the last time we scored 35 points? I know that has not happened yet this season.

Rivers has such a history of absolutely torching us, ughhh. Please Jags Smile

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Everytime for the past 5 years i've heard this and thought "what has this team done to give you that idea" but right now i truely believe we will be a force next year, our young offense is extreeemely impressive and id we can get some key defensive playmakers this offseason i think we might make a deep playoff push next year, with that said im extremely hopefull still for this year even tho if we sneak into the playoffs come january it will probably be a short stay.

Guess my point is theres finally a legitimate reason for optimisim around here and may i say its about damn time!! :-)))

Gooo jags, and love to my fellow jag fans on here <3

A lot depends on injuries, schedule, and dumb luck.  But yeah, with another offseason and a good draft this team should be ready to rock.  

Not been this excited about this team since the day we played indy in 2010 with a chance to clinch the division... But we all know what happened there lol

The arrow is pointing straight up. Getting Brandon Linder back will help T.J. Yeldon, who already is playing well as a rookie, and take some pressure off Blake Bortles. We will get better on defense when Dante Fowler starts playing and likely a first round draft pick. I have no reason to doubt we will be the best team in the AFC South next year.

^ agree completely

This team is a couple plays away from 7-3 as it is. Add a quality Olineman or two and a pass rush and this should certainly be a playoff team in 2016. The offense, while inconsistent still, is overflowing with young and talented players. Caldwell has done one helluva job of building the offense, whether the pitchfork and doomsday crowd wants to admit it or not.

Quote:The arrow is pointing straight up. Getting Brandon Linder back will help T.J. Yeldon, who already is playing well as a rookie, and take some pressure off Blake Bortles. We will get better on defense when Dante Fowler starts playing and likely a first round draft pick. I have no reason to doubt we will be the best team in the AFC South next year.

Dat koolaid. Thats a bit ambitious. I expect another cool jump next year however with basically getting 2 1st round picks getting fowler back. We desperately need a Z style receiver bad. 

If everything goes alright, I expect them to be on par with Houston/Indianapolis.

Can't wait to see whats next.