Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Allen Robinson is just 129 yards away from 1,000

Quote:Linder, Smith, Robinson, Hurns, Bortles, Thomas are all Pro Bowl talents.

Fowler could be.
Once we get the offensive line squared away, Yeldon could become a potential pro bowl player.
No commercial messages in sigs

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

^^I agree. Yeldon has had to make the first guy miss all year due to our linemen can't run block.

I hope we draft a pro bowl CB . And hope Fowler is a Pro Bowler.

Quote:Ummm, no way. Beckham has better hands, faster.
Maybe time to stop watching his one handed catch from last year over and over?

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2015, 12:01 AM by Treestone Ice.)

Quote:Ummm, no way. Beckham has better hands, faster.
Clueless as usual, and with nothing to back it up, which is also par for the course for you.

Allen Robinson has more yards on less catches than OBJ, which means he also has a much higher average yards per catch (math is fun). He also only has 1 less TD, and he hasn't had the pleasure of playing the Rob Ryan led Saints defense, where OBJ picked up 3 of his TDs against the worst pass D (by a wide margin) in the league. Arob also leads the league in 20+ yard catches.

But don't let me get in the way of your trolling.

OBJ didn't do squat against the Jags..

Quote:Once we get the offensive line squared away, Yeldon could become a potential pro bowl player.

Marks could be a Pro Bowler too.

Quote:Should pick that up in the next game or two, finally we're going to have a Jags WR go over 1k!
Amazing!

... but I really haven't lost one second of sleep worrying about individual player stats. The stat that matters is the one I worry about... the W's vs. L's stat.

Quote:Amazing!

... but I really haven't lost one second of sleep worrying about individual player stats. The stat that matters is the one I worry about... the W's vs. L's stat.

I would argue that the 2 are directly related. For example, the Jags haven't had a 1k yard receiver since 2005. The record since then pretty much reflects that, aside from 07 when our defense and running game we're both top notch. To get W's, we are gonna need some players to get individual stats, and it's finally happening this year. They're starting to turn that dreadful corner we've been stuck on for so long.

Quote:Once we get the offensive line squared away, Yeldon could become a potential pro bowl player.

I don't get the crowning of Yeldon at this point. He's shown the he's a wiggle guy that minces in goal line situations and doesn't run away from anyone. A classic "between the 20s runner." He's better than I thought he'd be in that he at least isn't fumbling it like he was in college, but every time I see him get out into space he gets run down from behind like he's standing still and he doesn't do well in short yardage either. He has acceptable production, but considering how devalued the running back position is I'd hope that a running back taken high in the second round would have something significantly good about his abilities that a team can make big use of. I'm not seeing that.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2015, 10:13 AM by WingerDinger.)

Quote:I don't get the crowning of Yeldon at this point. He's shown the he's a wiggle guy that minces in goal line situations and doesn't run away from anyone. A classic "between the 20s runner." He's better than I thought he'd be in that he at least isn't fumbling it like he was in college, but every time I see him get out into space he gets run down from behind like he's standing still and he doesn't do well in short yardage either. He has acceptable production, but considering how devalued the running back position is I'd hope that a running back taken high in the second round would have something significantly good about his abilities that a team can make big use of. I'm not seeing that.

Goal line situations? I WISH.. Those are saved for Gerhart and DRob Banana
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Goal line situations? I WISH.. Those are saved for Gerhart and DRob Banana

He's had enough short yardage and goal line carries to know how he does on them, and he's no MJD, that's for sure.

Quote:Clueless as usual, and with nothing to back it up, which is also par for the course for you.

Allen Robinson has more yards on less catches than OBJ, which means he also has a much higher average yards per catch (math is fun). He also only has 1 less TD, and he hasn't had the pleasure of playing the Rob Ryan led Saints defense, where OBJ picked up 3 of his TDs against the worst pass D (by a wide margin) in the league. Arob also leads the league in 20+ yard catches.

But don't let me get in the way of your trolling.
To be fair, Robinson has played one more game than OBJ.

I think the two are very very close. I give OBJ the edge in physical talent but I see Allen Robinson as more fundamentally sound. OBJ gets frustrated easily, but if you don't stop him early he's going to be the reason your defense loses,

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Pro bowl bound, him and Hurns. That would be awesome.

Quote:ARob is better than Beckham. And better than Calvin this year at least.
I agree.

Either way, awesome knowing we will finally have a 1k WR and maybe two even. Can Yeldon make it to 1k Rushing? Man this year is so much better than some folks realize.

Quote:Hurns is hurt all over. Busted up foot to a possible sports hernia. Dude is a warrior going out there if for nothing else to be a decoy.

Yeah he's been playing hurt for a while now but still plays and doesn't make any excuses, Lee must feel like a girl sitting next to him

Guess who is #5 in the NFL in receiving yards?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/player

Allen Robinson #15 WR Jacksonville

When was the last time the Jaguars had a WR on the top 5 list for Receiving half way thru a season?

Quote:Guess who is #5 in the NFL in receiving yards?
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/stats/player'>http://www.nfl.com/stats/player</a>

Allen Robinson #15 WR Jacksonville

When was the last time the Jaguars had a WR on the top 5 list for Receiving half way thru a season?

Enjoy it while it lasts, he may get bumped down a spot by Fitz and Gronk.

Nevertheless, it's quite amazing that the Jaguars have a WR worthy of being in the second tier behind the big three of Brown, Jones and Hopkins.

yeah he's ranked 6th now and if Gronk has a great game maybe 7th, but still he's close.

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2015, 11:48 AM by kenudo.)

Quote:AR-15 is going to be a top 3 WR sooner rather than later
As it stands he's #6 in receiving yardage and tied for #2 in receiving TD's. He's darn close already.

I think he's gonna get it VS the Chargers