Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Do your job

Quote:Walters has been nothing but reliable.

I don't care if he's fast. You don't waste time on a package of plays for your 4th string RB. If he's worth playing, he shouldn't be 4th string. By virtue of him being on the field you're basically choosing not to use 3 better options. That's just insanity. And you CERTAINLY don't do it while backed up in your own zone... That's just common sense.

It seems like when critical drives/moments come up, Gus puts in guys like Grant and Marshall instead of the guys who are solid, reliable players.

When it matters most, Gus takes unnecessary risks with little chance of reward.
And Marshall until today has also been reliable. Trying to play the reliable game with two players this inexperienced is just ignorant. there is no way you can make that determination at this point in their careers.

Grant was put on the roster. For the coaches to not try to design ways to use him would be stupid. Common sense should tell you that much.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2015, 08:20 PM by Diz.)

Quote:And Marshall until today has also been reliable. Trying to play the reliable game with two players this inexperienced is just ignorant. there is no way you can make that determination at this point in their careers.

Grant was put on the roster. For the coaches to not try to design ways to use him would be stupid. Common sense should tell you that much.
Inexperience in itself is a lack of "being reliable". You aren't reliable until you've proven yourself to be so.

Walters has.

Marshall has not.

You go with the reliable player when it matters.

Obviously we can ALSO be results oriented and say Marshall just proves he is NOT reliable. That's not really debatable anymore.

Grant also proved that he is NOT reliable.

When you have players who HAVE proven to be reliable, that's the guy you go with in critical moments.

As for designing plays for Grant just because he's on the roster, I guess we should have a package for Henne and use it when we need a critical drive to win the game. We should also have a special package for backup linemen too!

No. He's there as depth and aside from special teams shouldn't see the field unless injuries happen.
PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

Quote:I think you can teach until you're blue in the face. But then the players still have to go out and do their job.

I think you have to practice...  You know... Repitition.  Over and over again untill you have it down solid.  It's clear that this team doesn't practice properly.  This team is coached by BeerGut Bradley.  The most lazy head coach in the NFL.  His philosophy is to get better every day.  His philosophy is not perfection every day.  He's a loser.  And he's making our players losers.

Just deal with it.  We suck because our coach holds nobody accountable for perfection.  

Quote:I think you have to practice...  You know... Repitition.  Over and over again untill you have it down solid.  It's clear that this team doesn't practice properly.  This team is coached by BeerGut Bradley.  The most lazy head coach in the NFL.  His philosophy is to get better every day.  His philosophy is not perfection every day.  He's a loser.  And he's making our players losers.

Just deal with it.  We suck because our coach holds nobody accountable for perfection.  

All Oehser tells us is CBA that and CBA this with the restrictions on practicing.  What humors me though are all of the other teams in the NFL finding a way to develop their players.

Quote:All Oehser tells us is CBA that and CBA this with the restrictions on practicing.  What humors me though are all of the other teams in the NFL finding a way to develop their players.

I hate his outlook and analysis

Quote:And last year it was Kirk Cousin, Charlie Whitehurst and Fitzpatrick.
3 years in Gus Bradley still doesn't have a signature win. Seems he only has signature losses with all those scrub backups he's manged to lose to. If people can't see this guy sucks then oh well with they dumb [BLEEP].

Quote:I hate his outlook and analysis

I've read jaguars.com daily for probably 10-15 years...I had never missed a day until the last 2 seasons when I truly get sick of reading Oehser's BS

Quote:Inexperience in itself is a lack of "being reliable". You aren't reliable until you've proven yourself to be so.

Walters has.

Marshall has not.

Obviously we can ALSO be results oriented and say Marshall just proves he is NOT reliable. That's not really debatable anymore.

When you have players who HAVE proven to be reliable, that's the guy you go with in critical moments.

As for designing plays for Grant just because he's on the roster, I guess we should have a package for Henne and use it when we need a critical drive to win the game. We should also have a special package for backup linemen too!

No. He's there as depth and aside from special teams shouldn't see the field unless injuries happen.
 He thinks every decision the coach makes is a good one lol.  Coaches never make wrong decisions in him mind.  If Walters was in he would think that was the right decision.  But since it was Marshall, Marshall was the right one.  Whatever the coaches do its right in his mind. 

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2015, 10:31 PM by The_Anchorman.)

Quote:I hate his outlook and analysis
Yeah?  You hate it huh?

Well we hate it too.  At least we're saying it.  At least we're giving a solution to it.  Fire BeerGut.  He's mentally incapable of being an NFL head coach.  It's not that hard to figure out...

You hate this outlook and analysis?  All of us do.  But it's reality.  Now that we've recognized this reality, it's time to take action on it.

Yeah, Shad wants to wait till the end of the season.  Fine.  Just fire the (Insult Removed) on the Monday after week 17.  Anything less than that will be a travesty.

Let's face it, BeerGut ain't winning 3 more games this season.  He should be fired.  It's just that simple.  Face reality, guys.

Quote:Inexperience in itself is a lack of "being reliable". You aren't reliable until you've proven yourself to be so.

Walters has.

Marshall has not.

Marshall didn't prove anything until he muffed the punt. So unless you have a crystal ball you have to rely on what you have seen from him.

Players prove themselves on the field. The only way to prove anything is to actually go out their and try. So don't act like you "knew" he was going to go out their and muff the punt.

As for designing plays, the last time I checked, Henne wasn't the fastest player on the roster. Pretty moronic comparison right there, but would can you expect from a person that thinks coaches shouldn't design plays to take advantage of a players strengths.

Quote:Yeah?  You hate it huh?

Well we hate it too.  At least we're saying it.  At least we're giving a solution to it.  Fire BeerGut.  He's mentally incapable of being an NFL head coach.  It's not that hard to figure out...

You hate this outlook and analysis?  All of us do.  But it's reality.  Now that we've recognized this reality, it's time to take action on it.

Yeah, Shad wants to wait till the end of the season.  Fine.  Just fire the [BLEEP] on the Monday after week 17.  Anything less than that will be a travesty.

Let's face it, BeerGut ain't winning 3 more games this season.  He should be fired.  It's just that simple.  Face reality, guys.

The sad thing is that we are close to that point in the season where we win a few games against teams that have smartly shut it down for the season and are increasing their draft pick.  Then, the Jags will call it progress and a springboard for the next season.

God help us if Khan doesn't make the right call and find us a real coach :/

Quote:The sad thing is that we are close to that point in the season where we win a few games against teams that have smartly shut it down for the season and are increasing their draft pick.  Then, the Jags will call it progress and a springboard for the next season.

God help us if Khan doesn't make the right call and find us a real coach :/

Dude, all heck will break loose if BeerGut makes it past Black Monday

Quote:Marshall didn't prove anything until he muffed the punt. So unless you have a crystal ball you have to rely on what you have seen from him.

Players prove themselves on the field. The only way to prove anything is to actually go out their and try. So don't act like you "knew" he was going to go out their and muff the punt.

As for designing plays, the last time I checked, Henne wasn't the fastest player on the roster. Pretty moronic comparison right there, but would can you expect from a person that thinks coaches shouldn't design plays to take advantage of a players strengths.

Sure, you design plays for players. Not 4th string players, though.

And no, I didn't know he was going to muff the punt. The point is, in critical situations you go with the proven reliable player, not the unknown.

You try things like that in low risk situations. Not when the game is on the line.

And you DONT install a package for your 4th string RB simply because "that guy is fast!".

You know what you do with fast, 4th string RBs? Special Teams gunners. And if they can't do that? You don't activate the on gameday.
PA Jags Fan
;

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2015, 09:00 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:Marshall didn't prove anything until he muffed the punt. So unless you have a crystal ball you have to rely on what you have seen from him.

You are the same guy that said Hurns has the lowest ceiling out of our receivers after he proved it on the field he was one of our best lol.  I honestly dont think you even watch the games

Quote:You are the same guy that said Hurns has the lowest ceiling out of our receivers after he proved it on the field he was one of our best lol.  I honestly dont think you even watch the games
And you're the guy who can't figure out McCray got beat out and benched. I honestly don't think you even know what football is.

Quote:Sure, you design plays for players. Not 4th string players, though.

And no, I didn't know he was going to muff the punt. The point is, in critical situations you go with the proven reliable player, not the unknown.

You try things like that in low risk situations. Not when the game is on the line.

And you DONT install a package for your 4th string RB simply because "that guy is fast!".

You know what you do with fast, 4th string RBs? Special Teams gunners. And if they can't do that? You don't activate the on gameday.
When you 4th RB is the fastest guy on the team and doesn't have the traditional RB skill set, you absolutely design plays that try to take advantage of that speed.

They may not work, but you sure are going to try to create some for him. That's a no brainer.

Quote:When you 4th RB is the fastest guy on the team and doesn't have the traditional RB skill set, you absolutely design plays that try to take advantage of that speed.

They may not work, but you sure are going to try to create some for him. That's a no brainer.

A no brainer that no other team does... Ever.

If he was worth designing plays for he wouldn't be 4th string.

It's a bad attempt at being Clever.

I don't know why I'm bothering... The results speak for themselves.
PA Jags Fan
;

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2015, 10:28 PM by The_Anchorman.)

Quote:And you're the guy who can't figure out McCray got beat out and benched. I honestly don't think you even know what football is.

Gratz sucks, bro...  

Saying that McCray got "beat out" means that we are to assume that BeerGut understands how to evaluate talent.  The same (Insult Removed) that demoted House for Gratz...

I'm sorry, but you can't use the McCray "got beat out" arguement.  BeerGut hasn't earned the respect to concede that point.  

Quote:Gratz sucks, bro...  

Saying that McCray got "beat out" means that we are to assume that BeerGut understands how to evaluate talent.  The same [BLEEP] that demoted House for Gratz...

I'm sorry, but you can't use the McCray "got beat out" arguement.  BeerGut hasn't earned the respect to concede that point.  
He hasnt figured that out yet.  He thinks Gus makes all the right decisions lol  [Image: roflmao.gif]

Quote:A no brainer that no other team does... Ever.

If he was worth designing plays for he wouldn't be 4th string.

It's a bad attempt at being Clever.

I don't know why I'm bothering... The results speak for themselves.
You obviously don't know much about the NFL. Teams create special plays for certain players all the time, especially for ones with unique skillsets. They did it for Denard Robinson when he first got here.

They have play books the size of a phone book. Are you really that naive that you think NFL coaches don't design plays around a certain player's skill sets?

It's not clever, it's called reality.