Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
LET'S SHOCK THE WORLD AND WIN OUT! (merged topics)

Quote:Offenses look fine. What's the deal with defense, they get half as much time to practice?
I think it is reflected in the tackling and the defenseless receiver changes.  All the fines and emphasis for hankies has cut down defense.  If you have a QB, you have always had a chance in the league.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Capitalizing on huge opportunities is what this team is known for.  Banana

It felt strange pulling for Carolina last night... I usually just watch the game to see if my fantasy guy scored, but last night I felt something that I hadn't felt years... hope.  :blink:

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:Wow, the league is pretty strange mid season.
And the AFC South is like the NFC South of 2014.  Probably will be a sub .500 team that makes the playoffs this year.  I doubt anyone in this division will reach 8-8.  Jaguars have a chance to dominate right now, but they aren't showing anything that will set them apart.  It's a toss up if any of these teams play each other.  This is there chance, but does anyone have any faith they can take advantage, or will it be the same Jaguars?  Finding ways to lose against mediocre teams.  I honestly have no idea.  It's that bad.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2015, 03:25 PM by StitchJones.)

Quote:You can essentially mark off any team that's going to field a competent QB. This team will still get destroyed by them.
Experience has taught us that this statement is probably correct. Even though at present we only face one team (falcons) with a winning record, and one who is .500 (saints), all that really means is that those two games may be thought of as pretty well out of our reach. The point, however, is that the Jags have not proven that they will defeat a team even though everything seems to be in the Jags favor. The first half of the season has demonstrated that much for us.

Our defense is simply too easily defeated by even a mediocre NFL quarterback due to our soft zone defense. We don't have the people on the d-line who can get to the quarterback except on rare occasion. In a zone scheme, failure to pressure the quarterback will allow the opponent to move down field far, far too easily. We've seen it over and over, and it's probably one of the key reasons we're 2-5 at the start of the second half of the season.

Much has been made of the injury of the jets quarterback playing into our favor. That will only 'play into our favor' if the jets backup quarterbacks are horrible. The jets are, over all, a pretty good team, and they have a very good defense.

I think we will pick up a 'few' more wins before the season is over, but I don't think the jets game will be one of them. Their defense is good enough to check our 'developing' offense, and our defense hasn't really done much to earn confidence that we can stop anyone halfway decent.

Remember that game @ indy when we missed 2 field goals for the win. We'd be in first.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Quote:And the AFC South is like the NFC South of 2014.  Probably will be a sub .500 team that makes the playoffs this year.  I doubt anyone in this division will reach 8-8.  Jaguars have a chance to dominate right now, but they aren't showing anything that will set them apart.  It's a toss up if any of these teams play each other.  This is there chance, but does anyone have any faith they can take advantage, or will it be the same Jaguars?  Finding ways to lose against mediocre teams.  I honestly have no idea.  It's that bad.
So in keeping with the popularity of 'the glass is half empty' point of view, would it be fair to say that the AFC South division winners will be the team who sucks less... as opposed to the winners being the best team since at the moment nobody in this division looks very dominant? I think that there is a lot of truth to the old saying...'misery loves company'; that being so, the Jags should feel very fortunate to be in the AFC South.

Quote:Terrible idea. Tack a few meaningless wins onto our season and ruin our draft position. Better to lose out, and get a better draft pick for when Shad finally sees sense and fires Gus and Dave.
stop.

Quote:So in keeping with the popularity of 'the glass is half empty' point of view, would it be fair to say that the AFC South division winners will be the team who sucks less... as opposed to the winners being the best team since at the moment nobody in this division looks very dominant? I think that there is a lot of truth to the old saying...'misery loves company'; that being so, the Jags should feel very fortunate to be in the AFC South.
If I were a coach or GM, I'd be really happy I was in the AFC South right now.  Colts are going downhill, Titans still suck, and the Texans are a shell of their former self.  Easy pickens if you have a competent coach and good players on the field.  I'm not trying to be a downer, but the Jaguars have let me down so many times in the last 4 years, that it has become impossible to believe they would have a chance to win a game let alone the division. 

We've had huge opportunities all season and we've managed to blow it.  Why should we expect it to be any different?

I'm not getting excited about anything until i see this team capable of putting together one complete game. 

Yeah,, the Jaguars are gonna HAVE to win their division games remaining (most definitely have to beat the colts).

And, hope that the tacks/tinhorns can get a victory against the colts too.

Division records:

Colts 3-0

Texans 2-1

Jags 0-2

Titans 0-2

Gotta win the division games.

You must forgot this team is coached by Gus Bradley; don't get your hopes up.

I appreciate your optimism OP, but to be honest, we've had the opportunity for this the whole year. We should be leading the division; but have found ways to blow it. Even though we won the Buffalo game, we showed that we still let things slip and teams can come back on us on a dime. I hope we have turned the tide and can start pulling some consecutive wins. But until I see it, I can't count on it. Our track record doesn't reflect anything different...

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

One game at a time.

The schedule does appear to be rather easy going forward, but this team could easily be 0-7 just as easily as it could be 3-4 or 4-3 or whatever.  Lets not get ahead of ourselves just yet.  One game at a time.

Quote:You must forgot this team is coached by Gus Bradley; don't get your hopes up.

Yeah, I'm looking for that coach who will assure me that Myers won't miss more field goal attempts and Bortles will stop throwing pick-sixes.

Hey, Steve Spurrier is available. (He's probably too young for you.)

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Yeah, I'm looking for that coach who will assure me that Myers won't miss more field goal attempts and Bortles will stop throwing pick-sixes.

Hey, Steve Spurrier is available. (He's probably too young for you.)
I'm looking for the coach who stops killing timeouts in the beginning of halves, screwing up challenges, getting out coached by every coach in the NFL, competent in the area they were coordinators in before taking the job, and don't celebrate one win outta every 15 losses like hes won the Super Bowl.

Quote:I'm looking for the coach who stops killing timeouts in the beginning of halves, screwing up challenges, getting out coached by every coach in the NFL, competent in the area they were coordinators in before taking the job, and don't celebrate one win outta every 15 losses like hes won the Super Bowl.
What do you mean?

[Image: SmugSaneCod.gif]

Quote:Remember that game @ indy when we missed 2 field goals for the win. We'd be in first.
Relax, I said there would be growing pains

Signed,

Mr.Caldwell

Blakes Life Matters