Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Which team will win the week 9 game?
Jacksonville Jaguars!
Boo NY Jets.
Blank #3
[Show Results]

** Non-Official Jaguars vs NY (Jersey) Jets thread **

Quote:Ever think about rooting for another team? Starting to think you just copy and paste from topic to topic.

You remember bklynjag and Italiajag and lionheart and all of the other 29 accounts he made?......yeah this is the same guy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Oh hush, High Score. Kindly tell me when the stars have aligned as well as they have for our dear deplorable Jags in recent history. Only to be 2-5. You know better mate. Is BklynJag more credible than you? Given his stance?

Would JDR be in first place and at 5-2 given the same situation? Do you realize how EASY our schedule has been thus far, considering the injuries to PRIME players of the opposition we have faced thus far? Dare to take pick 6 out of our lineup and see how bad we'll look? Worse than as spotty as the 2-5 Jags currently.

That's how we know we are that bad. Fundamentally, coaching, effort, or otherwise. But I have hope still, in spite of our dysfunctionalness, because the stars are aligning, just too curiously.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Pick 6, aka, Bortles, the superior QB to winterception, Bridgewater et al that is. Get the freak outta here with that fake shoot mate.

Before Sunday I didn't feel like the Jaguars even had a chance, but without Fitzpatrick that team looks rather ordinary. Now Derek Carr again proved why I feel he's even better than Bortles, but they moved the ball almost at will versus the Jets defense. Now I'm hearing Fitz and Geno might both miss the game next week along with Cromartie? I'm starting to think here that if the Jaguars actually account for the great Brandon Marshall, they just might be able to pull off a road win after extended time off.

'02

Quote:Before Sunday I didn't feel like the Jaguars even had a chance, but without Fitzpatrick that team looks rather ordinary. Now Derek Carr again proved why I feel he's even better than Bortles, but they moved the ball almost at will versus the Jets defense. Now I'm hearing Fitz and Geno might both miss the game next week along with Cromartie? I'm starting to think here that if the Jaguars actually account for the great Brandon Marshall, they just might be able to pull off a road win after extended time off.
I have to agree, without Fitzpatrick the Jags actually have a decent chance in this game. 

Jets looking to sign another QB.  Tebow time?

Yeah I heard late last night about Fitzy and Geno's injuries.

Immediately I thought 

"These dumb fools are gonna call up Mallet"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...n-mallett/

guess not

Marshall is banged up to.

This game is there to be had.

Followed by "winnable" games against the tinhorns and tacks.....

c'mon Jags.

Jags have been getting real lucky with all these starting QBs being injured. Game after game. I think we can win this with Fitz out, we will see.

the pressure is on.  another backup QB.

Backup to the backup, correction pa...: )

Bunch of sad sacks on this website.

Jags win is my prediction.

Quote:Before Sunday I didn't feel like the Jaguars even had a chance, but without Fitzpatrick that team looks rather ordinary. Now Derek Carr again proved why I feel he's even better than Bortles, but they moved the ball almost at will versus the Jets defense. Now I'm hearing Fitz and Geno might both miss the game next week along with Cromartie? I'm starting to think here that if the Jaguars actually account for the great Brandon Marshall, they just might be able to pull off a road win after extended time off.
Let's hope Gus actually decides to put some help over the top with House... 

Try to shut Marshall down with two DBs and worry about the run. 

Geno Smith is terrible,,,, terrible. IMO, EJ Manuel is better than he is, seriously.

I watched the Jets game yesterday. Geno's situational awareness and "football IQ" looked absolutely atrocious (even though he put up decent passing stats because the Jets were so far behind). Rich Gannon was remarking on Geno's situational awareness more than once,, and I totally agreed.

The Jags can win this game. The real test will be if the offense can perform well against the Jets D. But, the Raiders and Patriots just did it 2 weeks in a row. I think the Jags can too.

BTW:: did I say that Geno was terrible?!

Quote:Geno Smith is terrible,,,, terrible. IMO, EJ Manuel is better than he is, seriously.

I watched the Jets game yesterday. Geno's situational awareness and "football IQ" looked absolutely atrocious (even though he put up decent passing stats because the Jets were so far behind). Rich Gannon was remarking on Geno's situational awareness more than once,, and I totally agreed.

The Jags can win this game. The real test will be if the offense can perform well against the Jets D. But, the Raiders and Patriots just did it 2 weeks in a row. I think the Jags can too.

BTW:: did I say that Geno was terrible?!

Yeah he was pretty bad most of that game, although he did put together some nice passes in the final two-minute drive at the end of the game.

'02

Once you give Bortles a competent offensive line and a "blow the top off" wide receiver, any thoughts that Carr is better will quickly disappear. I strongly believe that Bortles is a couple pieces away from being a top-five quarterback.

Has Fitzpatrick officially been ruled out for this Sunday?

Seriously, if Fitz is out, this means it's the first bye week win for the Jaguars in like 4 or 5 years!  Go Jags!

Quote:Once you give Bortles a competent offensive line and a "blow the top off" wide receiver, any thoughts that Carr is better will quickly disappear. I strongly believe that Bortles is a couple pieces away from being a top-five quarterback.

I recorded the Jet's/Raiders game, but so far have only watched the first offensive series by the Raiders.  One thing I noticed so far is that Carr is a pretty darn good QB.  He's getting ALOT of help though.  He's got a team with a better HC, and thier O-Line is alot better then ours.  Their running game is also very good, so the teams are having to respect Murray, which opens things up for Carr...  

If I was to be totally objective, I think at this point the Raiders offense overall is just superior to ours.  That includes thier QB...  But I think the main thing that puts thier offense and thier QB ahead of ours is that dog gone O-line of theirs.  

Quote:I recorded the Jet's/Raiders game, but so far have only watched the first offensive series by the Raiders. One thing I noticed so far is that Carr is a pretty darn good QB. He's getting ALOT of help though. He's got a team with a better HC, and thier O-Line is alot better then ours. Their running game is also very good, so the teams are having to respect Murray, which opens things up for Carr...

If I was to be totally objective, I think at this point the Raiders offense overall is just superior to ours. That includes thier QB... But I think the main thing that puts thier offense and thier QB ahead of ours is that dog gone O-line of theirs.

The Raiders look a very much improved team. The only bad loss for them this year was opening day against Cincy (Bengals basically rolled them). But, that could've been because it was the first game and they hadn't really "gelled" yet. Carr got hurt and didn't play a large portion of that one too.

Anyway,, they lost a very tight one in Chicago. And, they played close to the Broncos, but a Carr pick 6 pretty much ended that one IIRC.

Their offense is good, and going to be really good IMO. I think you're right, it has alot to do with their O-LINE.

The Jags are on a similar trajectory with their young offense. The Raiders are just a little further along right now IMO. If the Jags O-line gets better/stronger (or if they upgrade a player or two), their offense is going to improve greatly as well.

The key to this game is our defense and TJ Yeldon. I believe if we can get 100+ yards somehow from Yeldon, we got a fighters chance. I think we will have a couple big plays off play action that could decide the game.

We need our D to step up like they did in London with a few turnovers. The Jets defense is going to force quite a few 3 and outs on us. We just have to protect the ball (please Blake!).

Jags 17 - Jets 14