Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Bye Week Thread***

Quote: 

Mike DiRocco :ESPN Staff Writer 
<p style="font-family:BentonSans, '-apple-system', Roboto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(102,102,102);">Gus Bradley says they'll see how WR Marqise Lee (hamstring) looks this week during the bye before deciding if he can practice next week. Best case scenario is Lee being on the field for Jets game on Nov. 8.

I didn't hear this from the presser.  D-Rocc must have cornered Gus afterwards.  Anyone who watched the whole thing hear this ^? 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I would continue to start Walters for now.

Greene's after catch ability is way better than Walters.  If Greene is healthy - I'd start him over Walters. 

Quote:Greene's after catch ability is way better than Walters. If Greene is healthy - I'd start him over Walters.

He also has a hundred drops already. Walters catches everything. Im not saying permanently but just for now.

Walters is too reliable to ditch. He might not be a "playmaker" as such but he catches everything and those kind of receivers are very valuable to a young QB. Let Greene sit behind him for the rest of the year and earn his spot on limited snaps.

Quote:He also has a hundred drops already. Walters catches everything. Im not saying permanently but just for now.
LOL  Exaggerate much?

Quote:Walters is too reliable to ditch. He might not be a "playmaker" as such but he catches everything and those kind of receivers are very valuable to a young QB. Let Greene sit behind him for the rest of the year and earn his spot on limited snaps.
His reliability is something to consider, but I think Greene could achieve a similar level of reliability by years end. He had very sure hands in college. 

I'd be fine with them sharing the load at slot unless a clear better option emerges, but I'm sure Sullivan will make a strong suggestion to Olson/Bradley when the time comes. And I tend to trust what he does at WR. 

The bye comes at a pretty good time.  Hopefully the team can regroup, get healthier, correct some issues, and maybe add a few wrinkles.  The Jets game will be a good test, but first the Jets have to travel to Oakland and the Raiders are playing very well.  Another interesting game is the Thursday night game with Miami going to New England.  That's a huge test for the new-look Fins but they have played like monsters under Campbell. 

Of course the train-wreck Colts have to travel to Carolina next Monday - will they have a new coach?  It's a good week to be a spectator and watch some other teams implode.  Tennessee at Houston doesn't seem too meaningful right now but who knows?  Chargers at Ravens features two struggling teams the Jags may have a chance to beat in November.  

Does Gus Bradley still have a job? Yes? What about Jason Myers? Yes?

Things could still change in one of those categories, but as of right now, it's bye week 2, Jaguars 0. Look at it on the bright side; at least we have a chance to tie the bye week this year.

Quote:Does Gus Bradley still have a job? Yes? What about Jason Myers? Yes?

Things could still change in one of those categories, but as of right now, it's bye week 2, Jaguars 0. Look at it on the bright side; at least we have a chance to tie the bye week this year.

On the bright side, keeping Gus should ensure a higher draft pick this year.

Quote:Walters is too reliable to ditch. He might not be a "playmaker" as such but he catches everything and those kind of receivers are very valuable to a young QB. Let Greene sit behind him for the rest of the year and earn his spot on limited snaps.

I don't disagree with what you say but I would like to see Greene get reps this year so it'll pay dividends for next year.

At least we are 32 on ESPN power rankings

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2015/week/8

Quote:Greene's after catch ability is way better than Walters.  If Greene is healthy - I'd start him over Walters.

Doesn't matter how great one is after the catch if one cannot catch in the first place. Greene had trouble catching the easiest balls before he got injured. Walters is the better receiver from what I've seen from both of them so far this season.

I suspect that we'll make the changes that we need and get a solid game plan going into the rest of the season.  Have some faith!

Quote:Doesn't matter how great one is after the catch if one cannot catch in the first place. Greene had trouble catching the easiest balls before he got injured. Walters is the better receiver from what I've seen from both of them so far this season.
Agree with premise - I just have confidence Greene will develop the sure hands very quickly based on my layman's scouting of him in college.

Prior to being injured Greene started to remind me of Allen Robinson's first year in the NFL.  A lot of short passes but he found a way to be open and make the catch in a lot of cases (of course he had a lot of drops too), but for some reason he caught Bortles eye so I would say he's promising but I need to see more on Greene...

Quote:At least we are 32 on ESPN power rankings

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2015/week/8
At least we win at losing.

Quote:Chargers at Ravens features two struggling teams the Jags may have a chance to beat in November.  

I mentioned in another thread that if the Jaguars win these two games plus our remaining division games, they'll win the division.

'02

Quote:Doesn't matter how great one is after the catch if one cannot catch in the first place. Greene had trouble catching the easiest balls before he got injured. Walters is the better receiver from what I've seen from both of them so far this season.

Walters is a decent possession guy good at knowing where the first down marker is, but he's a catch and drop WR. I'd rather take my chances on a huge play by going to Rashaad Greene, only we still have to play at least two more games without Greene.

'02

The Jags bye week report card, QB position:

http://blackandteal.com/2015/10/27/jacks...arterback/

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Is it too early for the BYE WEEK SECOND HALF THREAD???

:woot:

Quote:Is it too early for the BYE WEEK SECOND HALF THREAD???

:woot:
Don't you dare. We can't afford to have Bortles' arm fall off in a tragic golfing accident this weekend.