Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles for JJ Watt - would you pull the trigger

How long has it been since Jaguars nation had faith in a QB?

There isn't any where near the level of division there usually is here over QB.

This is a good experience....a good feeling.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Without hesitation. Watt is a potential hall of fame player, bortles ceiling appears to be an above average starter. Give me a perennial DPOY candidate to build a defense around over a guy who might sneak into a pro bowl or two if he's lucky.

There's just one problem in your scenario...you sort of need someone to run your offense and throw the ball to people.  This is the NFL, you can't run the GA Tech septuple option and run 90% of the time.  You need a QB who can pass.

I'll agree to that, but then I'll send them Chad Henne in a box instead.

Quote:Bacon, I was beginning to feel bad that I've been dogging Marriotta so much in the AFCS forum... And then you come here and drop that? You're making it hard for me to give you the benefit of the doubt, man!!!!

I stand by it. Until bortles can prove that he can go through his progressions in the pocket with poise, make a good decision and a corresponding accurate throw on a consistent basis, I'm not sold. He had been better but those demons continue to haunt him and I worry those are traits you either have or do not. It doesn't seem like something that can be acquire, but I could be wrong.

I don't see him ever being better than a qb like Tannehill, and I'd trade him for watt in a heartbeat.

Lol haters gon hate
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

NO

I would've traded Gabbert for Watt
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:I would've traded Gabbert for Watt

I'd give Henne for Watt
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I'd give Henne for Watt
Or Jason Myers

Quote:I would've traded Gabbert for Watt

Gotta give them something good. Cyprien.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Henne AND Myers
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Without hesitation. Watt is a potential hall of fame player, bortles ceiling appears to be an above average starter. Give me a perennial DPOY candidate to build a defense around over a guy who might sneak into a pro bowl or two if he's lucky.
Gene, is that you?

Quote:Henne AND Myers
Wow, highway robbery.

For them

Not even remotely interested.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:[Image: 2609284-tumblr_m89s30fgrf1qd3ume.jpg]

Is Gus OK? I know it was a great game to be a part of in London, and his first London win, but I assumed he would handle it better.

Breathe slowly Gus, breathe slowly.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Henne AND Myers

And throw in Toby.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I stand by it. Until bortles can prove that he can go through his progressions in the pocket with poise, make a good decision and a corresponding accurate throw on a consistent basis, I'm not sold. He had been better but those demons continue to haunt him and I worry those are traits you either have or do not. It doesn't seem like something that can be acquire, but I could be wrong.

I don't see him ever being better than a qb like Tannehill, and I'd trade him for watt in a heartbeat.

Then I guess the Colts need to deal Andrew Luck as quickly as possible then, since he loves to stare down receivers.

I am good. Luck is sticking around and so is Bortles. I have more faith Bortles will be better than Luck at the end anyway.

No

Unless we are dumping Bortles that'd be a stupid trade. I love Watt but Henne and Watt isn't going to win us more games in the long run. It's also easier to find guys to rush the QB than a QB itself.

Quote:Hypothetical.  This would probably be a no-brainer for the fans across the US, however, we have been so QB deprived I'd like to know your thoughts.

Would you pull the trigger by trading Bortles for JJ Watt -- even up ?

Personally, I like our open offense and the future that comes with Bortles and the playmakers (OMG did I say that) we have in Bortles, ARob, Hurns, TJ, & J Thomas so I'm not making that trade.

:woot:  I agree only on Madden would they might consider that trade.  I love watching Blake Bortles throw it deep to the Allens but let's be honest as bad as the Texans need a QB they aren't going to trade argueably the best player in the NFL straight up for a 2nd year potential but stat wise average QB.