Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars cut House, looking to deal Marks

Quote:Understood. Contractual structure is not the concern, overall performance is. You've lost 3 starters thus far on D, Cyp, Prince, Odrick. They may have been weaker links, but when you bring in their replacements, do we expect instant meshing? Doesn't quite work that way oftentimes. How long do you give the new pieces to blend and perform optimally? I just sense a rebuild with the accompanying mantra of give em time to gel. Meaning another year of..., even if it's a likely upgraded unit.

I support the moves, but fear the inevitable lapses in the short term. But we are immune to those anyway. Carry on FO.

In the case of Odrick, he was hurt a lot last year and if we go to a traditional 4-3 with two edge rushers, he'd be an odd man out anyway.

As for the other 2, we're really only replacing 2 starters (when you assume Odrick would not be anymore). This past off-season we added:

Malik

Gip

Ramsey

Prince

Fowler

Ngakoue

That's 6 starters alone just last year and the defense made great strides. I don't think we'll have much issue improving if said defensive guys are replaced with better talent.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

"trying to deal marks" means Marks is getting cut in a couple of days

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Exactly what I thought, most of us feel that way.  I don't think he would have either
It's obvious that you and them like to make assumptions, period.

You, I, or anybody else, have literally no proof it was Tom, or Dave, or Marrone.

All you have is an assumption on the matter and that's it because you don't like Dave.

I agree with the thinking that Marks will be cut, not traded. Nobody's going to give us anything more than maybe a conditional 7th round pick. I'm pretty confident that we can replace his 22 tackles and 3 1/2 sacks between Day, Bennett, etc.

Quote:I agree with the thinking that Marks will be cut, not traded. Nobody's going to give us anything more than maybe a conditional 7th round pick. I'm pretty confident that we can replace his 22 tackles and 3 1/2 sacks between Day, Bennett, etc.

Hey, a conditional 7th is better than nothing
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:lol you really do like to just blatantly assume a lot of things don't you?

So Dave is the one behind all those moves?

THAT would be a laughable assumption.

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2017, 09:12 PM by Eric1.)

Quote:So Dave is the one behind all those moves?

THAT would be a laughable assumption.
Tom, Dave and Marrone.

If you don't want to include the HC in team decisions, then it's Tom and Dave's move.

The fact is, that all of them have said multiple times, that they're all working together. That's what we know for a fact.

To say only Tom is making these moves is nothing more than a stupid assumption and ideally fueled because of an agenda of hate against Dave.

Quote:It is almost a guarantee that none of these moves would be made if Tom never came here. We wouldnt of cut House, Odrick, or trade Thomas or Marks. I don't think Dave would of made any of these moves.
is there any reason to believe this at all

Quote:is there any reason to believe this at all

No.

Just because DC signed or brought these guys in doesnt mean he wouldnt have moved on. Changes were coming whether TC was here or not.

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2017, 11:15 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:Tom, Dave and Marrone.

If you don't want to include the HC in team decisions, then it's Tom and Dave's move.

The fact is, that all of them have said multiple times, that they're all working together. That's what we know for a fact.

To say only Tom is making these moves is nothing more than a stupid assumption and ideally fueled because of an agenda of hate against Dave.
Of course they all work together but somebody had to come up with these decisions first. They all don't come in the office and say what they want to do at the same time. I think most of us are saying Tom is the one coming up with these moves. I think Doug and Dave trust what Tom wants to do and his resume speaks for itself. If Dave don't like the move Toms decision trumps Dave's. As it should with most of the moves Dave has made the last 4 years and why Khan brought Tom in

Guys, Marks had 1 good year. He's done. Time get younger and better.

Quote:Of course they all work together but somebody had to come up with these decisions first. They all don't come in the office and say what they want to do at the same time. I think most of us are saying Tom is the one coming up with these moves. I think Doug and Dave trust what Tom wants to do and his resume speaks for itself. If Dave don't like the move Toms decision trumps Dave's. As it should with most of the moves Dave has made the last 4 years and why Khan brought Tom in
I'm pretty confident all of these decisions have been thoroughly discussed between the 3, during many hours of meetings together.

I'm positive they've all sat down together and broke down this roster, player by player. They've all discussed their thoughts and ideas on how to better this team, in any way possible.

They're going to come to a mutual agreements on how to improve this team. That's goal for everybody, at the end of the day.

If you believe Tom is just thinking up everything and making the decisions on his own, regardless of if anybody else likes it or not. I believe you'd likely be very wrong.

Quote:I'm pretty confident all of these decisions have been thoroughly discussed between the 3, during many hours of meetings together.

I'm positive they've all sat down together and broke down this roster, player by player. They've all discussed their thoughts and ideas on how to better this team, in any way possible.

They're going to come to a mutual agreements on how to improve this team. That's goal for everybody, at the end of the day.

If you believe Tom is just thinking up everything and making the decisions on his own, regardless of if anybody else likes it or not. I believe you'd likely be very wrong.
I'm sure they are but do you think they all 3 are agreeing on everything?

Quote:I'm sure they are but do you think they all 3 are agreeing on everything?
Of course not, but I'd like to believe none of them are that stubborn and stuck in their own ways that they couldn't come to a mutual agreement on things. Again, at the end of the day, they're all trying to better this team.

I really think some of you guys are making this "Tom rules all" thing out to be way more then it really is. I think there's probably a lot more agreement on all things football rated with those 3, then some of you really, truly want to believe.

Quote:In the case of Odrick, he was hurt a lot last year and if we go to a traditional 4-3 with two edge rushers, he'd be an odd man out anyway.

As for the other 2, we're really only replacing 2 starters (when you assume Odrick would not be anymore). This past off-season we added:

Malik

Gip

Ramsey

Prince

Fowler

Ngakoue

That's 6 starters alone just last year and the defense made great strides. I don't think we'll have much issue improving if said defensive guys are replaced with better talent.

Not disputing that Skeet. By great strides, you mean theoretically, not results based. 5 wins to 3 wins. But we don't go by results here anyway. We hope for true sides soon.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:Typical for some, the moment this team is getting rid of someone they are quick to say they suck.
You mean, kinda like it's typical for you to question every move they make?  Kinda like that?

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I don't get the marks move. He's cheap and a capable starter who played well towards the end of the year

TC saw that offside and said outta here
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:Of course not, but I'd like to believe none of them are that stubborn and stuck in their own ways that they couldn't come to a mutual agreement on things. Again, at the end of the day, they're all trying to better this team.

I really think some of you guys are making this "Tom rules all" thing out to be way more then it really is. I think there's probably a lot more agreement on all things football rated with those 3, then some of you really, truly want to believe.
fair enough, do you think those moves would of been made if Tom wasn't here?

Quote:Not disputing that Skeet. By great strides, you mean theoretically, not results based. 5 wins to 3 wins. But we don't go by results here anyway. We hope for true sides soon.

Defensively we made strides. 7th in yards allowed I believe compared to high 20's the year before. We didn't make a huge change in points allowed though.

But yeah, not good enough. Still makes me hopeful that replacing 2-3 started won't be a huge problem
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS