Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles has 15 TDs thru 7 games

I think at least 30, which would obliterate any past records. If he averages just 2 per game for the next 9 games he'll be at 33, which is nuts

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2015, 01:01 PM by TravC59.)

Quote:Yes.  It really must.  While I'm sure the drops are part of the problem, Bortles does the number no favors by throwing behind or too high for receivers quite often.   A number of Robinson's impressive grabs this season should have been more routine with an accurate pass. 
Every QB has drops though, that can't be one of the excuses.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Every QB has drops though, that can't be one of the excuses.

I don't feel I'm making any excuses.  I stated that he routinely overthrows and throws behind receivers. That's the largest issue. He also doesn't always find/see the open guy at all. That's also legitimately worrisome - but he's still young in the grand scheme of things for that particular issue. 

I also recognize that the number of drops he suffers are very likely on the "high end" of the spectrum for the league.  I'm not excusing anything - simply recognizing another reason why the number is so low.

Quote:36 tds 25 ints

Bortles 3.0% INT rate this year

Farve 3.3% INT rate career

Jameis 3.7% INT rate this year

Bortles is doing great.

It is great to see Bortles making the impact he is this season. Granted it would be better if our win column was greater than our loss column, but he is really improving and the players around him are improving. If they play consistently coming out of the bye week until the end of the season, there is no reason why we shouldn't see Bortles throw for over 4,000 yards and 30+ TDs, with two thousand yard receivers. 

David Garrard's prediction is almost set to become true that Blake should break his passing TD record of 23.

Im going 31 TDs to 14Int but of course the INTs could go up still but I hope this years second half is like last years and he cuts them down some more.

Quote:Bortles is going to be just fine. The number that sticks out to me is completion percentage. It's at 55% that has to get better.

Agreed and as the line gets better it'll improve. Obviously he needs to be more consistent as well and have less throws off his back foot. But again, some of that is from the pressure.

Quote:I really want Bortles to improve his completion rating. That's all.

Agreed. His 44 percent completion percentage vs the Bills was eerily Gabbert-like.

'02

Quote:Agreed. His 44 percent completion percentage vs the Bills was eerily Gabbert-like.

lol, yeah, but his game winning TD throw against the Bills was very un-Gabbert-like.

With the win against the Bills on Sunday, Blake now has as many wins as a starting QB that Gabbert did in his whole career in Jax.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Agreed. His 44 percent completion percentage vs the Bills was eerily Gabbert-like.
His play isn't my friend and unlike gabbert blake is worth his draft pick. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

I seriously can't believe anybody is still mentioning Gabbert and Bortles in the same thought.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I seriously can't believe anybody is still mentioning Gabbert and Bortles in the same thought.

But if Bortles had that Gabbert hair...

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:But if Bortles had that Gabbert hair...

OK...that one is valid.

Quote:But if Bortles had that Gabbert hair...

[Image: KQIm23m.jpg]

Quote:[Image: KQIm23m.jpg]

I hate / love that you did this.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Its one of only two stats that even near Gabbert-like. Completion % and INT's. It'll get better for sure. The fact he keeps throwing bombs and TD's will keep me happy. 

Can't wait to see whats next. 

That guy looks like his best friend would be Jeff Spicoli.

Quote:His play isn't my friend and unlike gabbert blake is worth his draft pick. 

Quote:I seriously can't believe anybody is still mentioning Gabbert and Bortles in the same thought.

Quote:Its one of only two stats that even near Gabbert-like. Completion % and INT's. It'll get better for sure. The fact he keeps throwing bombs and TD's will keep me happy. 

No arguments here. It's just when I saw 44 percent completion percentage, that particular stat screams Gabbert. I want to see Blake at 60 percent or better all the time.

'02

This actually made me laugh.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:No arguments here. It's just when I saw 44 percent completion percentage, that particular stat screams Gabbert. I want to see Blake at 60 percent or better all the time.

And that's why you have to watch them play to see exactly how the "numbers" were generated.