Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Whats up with Julius Thomas?

Quote:Rich Gannon was not happy with Thomas' effort. I would need to see that play again before making a judgement.

I did wonder to myself when he sat down on the bench after that play, "what is his problem?"

It is odd that we are still throwing to Nic Jacobs when JT is here. Is he tired? Dude needs to step up and get on the same page. What has he been doing all season? He doesn't know the plays?

On that one play I could see JT grabbing inside his leg. He slowed down for sure so not sure if that had something to do with it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I hate to nitpick but it waant a good bobble catch it was a near drop. The ball was on target and on time when he came out of his break. His hands havent been great this year.

He's out of shape coming off of injury and probably won't look right again till next year IMO. 

We brought him here to turn around at the end zone and catch the ball. He is a pro bowl player. Perhaps after watching Gerhart try to score he said forget it,  this team doesn't want to use me. Really good players get like that, you don't use them, they shut it down. Or he could be washed up and doesn't want to put forth an effort. If that is the case then our FA evaluations are horrible. The Jags bought him, use him.

Quote:He's out of shape coming off of injury and probably won't look right again till next year IMO.

If true, it is inexcusable to be out of shape due to a hand injury

Quote:If true, it is inexcusable to be out of shape due to a hand injury
Technically - he's had three injuries this year.  I do have a hunch he got lazy on the cardio while injured though - and that deserves some consternation. 

He'll need to step it up to earn that big paycheck properly and I imagine he'll be challenged to do so. 

Quote:Technically - he's had three injuries this year.  I do have a hunch he got lazy on the cardio while injured though - and that deserves some consternation. 

He'll need to step it up to earn that big paycheck properly and I imagine he'll be challenged to do so. 

You would think being called out as a product of Manning would challenge him enough.

His talent is obvious though.

We shall see. With the amount of attempts Blake has been throwing, I am sure Thomas will get plenty of looks to prove it.

Quote:We brought him here to turn around at the end zone and catch the ball. He is a pro bowl player. Perhaps after watching Gerhart try to score he said forget it,  this team doesn't want to use me. Really good players get like that, you don't use them, they shut it down. Or he could be washed up and doesn't want to put forth an effort. If that is the case then our FA evaluations are horrible. The Jags bought him, use him.

Or maybe you're just making stuff up. You're trying way too hard.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:The Jags bought him, use him.

20 targets in three games. 

They are using him. 

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2015, 01:13 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:I hate to nitpick but it waant a good bobble catch it was a near drop. The ball was on target and on time when he came out of his break. His hands havent been great this year.

It appeared to me the pass was behind him and he did well to just reach back to get a hand on it in the first place.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

He looked pretty darn good against Huston.

Quote:Or maybe you're just making stuff up. You're trying way too hard.
Or maybe you are a headcase, and cannot understand simple English. We bought him, target him. Is that hard to understand sport?

Quote:He looked pretty darn good against Huston.

To clarify, we're talking about that single play where he was completely uncovered right? Not for nothing, but it doesn't actually get any easier than that, and it is pretty much his only play this year.

Quote:To clarify, we're talking about that single play where he was completely uncovered right? Not for nothing, but it doesn't actually get any easier than that, and it is pretty much his only play this year.
No, I'm talking about an entire game where he had 7 catches for 78 yards and a TD.

Quote:No, I'm talking about an entire game where he had 7 catches for 78 yards and a TD.

Weren't almost half of those yards on that one TD play though?

Quote:Weren't almost half of those yards on that one TD play though?
No.

Quote:No.
 I looked it up, 29 yard TD. So he had 6 catches for 49 yards otherwise. Good for about 8 yards per catch.

Quote: I looked it up, 29 yard TD. So he had 6 catches for 49 yards otherwise. Good for about 8 yards per catch.
Which would still be a good game for a TE.

Quote:Which would still be a good game for a TE.

Not really, the league average is over 10. Not to mention its about 3 yards less per catch than what he averaged last year. 

Quote:Not really, the league average is over 10. Not to mention its about 3 yards less per catch than what he averaged last year. 
But the league average and his average last year weren't calculated after taking away good plays.