Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Great win but blame Gus for it being close

Quote:Maybe, but I don't think so.  I think most people do really understand that it would take a miracle for this to be turned around.  I mean, the win was good.

And honestly, looking back on that game, it literally was the best game I've seen all season between any 2 NFL teams.  It had everything!

There was too much sloppy play and penalties for that superlative, IMO.  Not to mention EJ's ineptitude at times wasn't exactly entertaining. 

I still enjoyed itSmile

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2015, 01:08 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

Quote:Sorry, but this ^^^ made me think of this:

[Image: Z5S4C8B.png]

and this:

[Image: nicholas-cage-you-dont-say.gif]

Lol those gifs are exactly how i feel reading complaints on here with no sure fix included.  I'm baffled that you have this sarcastic sense of humor and understanding but don't apply it to your own post(s).  Lol gifs never get old though.  

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Quote:Every criticism I've had of bortles is warranted. He's inaccurate at times. He overthrows receivers. And he throws too many pick sixes. How can you dispute that? I've wanted him to cut back on those mistakes. This game he checked some boxes and I felt like it was one of his better games despite not having the stats because there were some circumstances that negated them. Keep the conversation relevant to the topic not your hatred of me. You don't like that I'm critical and it hurts you. But you can't successfully retort. Not my problem. But regardless if Blake proves me right that he can indeed play much better I won't go looking for you to tell you I told you so. Because really who are you? Nobody to me.

"He's scared inaccurate and indecisive. He may well be just as bad as Blaine gabbert.  We need to continue try and develop but we better draft a qb next year."

You also said he was scared and just as bad as Blaine Gabbert.  So who should we draft in the first round at QB next year?

Quote:What bothers me most about Gus Bradley was demonstrated in his presser right after the game. He was acting as if he had just won the Super Bowl. GREAT coaches "expect" to win...........EVERY GAME. Gus acted "surprised" that he found himself in the winners circle today. Look, I know his personality is out there from a showing his emotions standpoint and a Bill Parcells or Belichik he is not, but this should be just another game to him. Swinging from the chandeliers with jubilation is a sign to me at least...........Gus is a guy that does NOT demand victory every single game. Gus does NOT have that MJ mentality of HATING TO LOSE more than they love to win. That's what drives the great ones..............THEY SIMPLY WILL NOT TOLERATE LOSING. They "expect" to win.

Gus does NOT have that mental make up. For that reason alone, regardless of how the Jags finish up............he will not take them to the next level..........which should be nothing less than a division title to start and Super Bowl to finish.

LOL at the people who have wrapped themselves in FireGus wallpaper.  Totally backed into a corner with no way out. 

Quote:LOL at the people who have wrapped themselves in FireGus wallpaper.  Totally backed into a corner with no way out. 

Huh?

The team won despite Gus. What are you talking about? 

Quote:LOL at the people who have wrapped themselves in FireGus wallpaper.  Totally backed into a corner with no way out. 
LOL at people who think beating EJ Manuel means Gus is doing a great job all of a sudden.

Quote:LOL at people who think beating EJ Manuel means Gus is doing a great job all of a sudden.

I know, right? Have you ever heard a worse "I told you so!"?

lol.

They have so much of their tiny egos invested in FireGus that they can't be objective, they can't enjoy a win, they do not want to see Gus have enough success to be here next year - so what are they fans of?  Certainly not the coach but also not the team because the team is associated with the coach.  Backed into a corner, hoping the team loses so their tiny ego have a 1-day boost.  

Quote:Lol those gifs are exactly how i feel reading complaints on here with no sure fix included.  I'm baffled that you have this sarcastic sense of humor and understanding but don't apply it to your own post(s).  Lol gifs never get old though.  

Yeah, gifs make the world a better place...

As for your critique of my posting... Meh, I hear ya...  But there's a saying from the Matrix, it went something like, "we never understand past the choices we haven't made yet"

Or something like that...  In a nutshell, we all have some confirmation bias based on our own subjective truths.  I can understand your critique, but I'm not sure there's a way I can fix it.  Plus, I think I've made clear what I think the fix would be.  Either way, I'll focus on it in the future.  But don't hold your breathe that my posting will ever get better, or at least similar to your liking...   :thumbsup:

Quote:Huh?

The team won despite Gus. What are you talking about?

How so? What did Gus do wrong this time?

Quote:They have so much of their tiny egos invested in FireGus that they can't be objective, they can't enjoy a win, they do not want to see Gus have enough success to be here next year - so what are they fans of?  Certainly not the coach but also not the team because the team is associated with the coach.  Backed into a corner, hoping the team loses so their tiny ego have a 1-day boost.  
You're clueless.

Rooting for the Jags to win is one thing. Understanding Gus is a bad coach regardless of outcome is another.

I'm stoked the Jags won because frankly, the wins don't come around very much.

Quote:How so? What did Gus do wrong this time?

I'm sorry man. This doesn't even deserve a response. If it weren't for a circus catch by Hurns, the fire Gus thread is smoking hot today. 

Quote:I'm sorry man. This doesn't even deserve a response. If it weren't for a circus catch by Hurns, the fire Gus thread is smoking hot today. 

Honestly, I still think he should be fired and replaced with Marrone...  But that's just my opinion.

Quote:Honestly, I still think he should be fired and replaced with Marrone...  But that's just my opinion.

The guy can't stay out of his own way. In his entire time here, he has shown no ability to make 2nd half adjustments no matter how bad the team we are playing happens to be. It is somewhat unbelievable.

Gus should be fired for clapping like a buffoon after the pick 6.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Yeah, gifs make the world a better place...

As for your critique of my posting... Meh, I hear ya...  But there's a saying from the Matrix, it went something like, "we never understand past the choices we haven't made yet"

Or something like that...  In a nutshell, we all have some confirmation bias based on our own subjective truths.  I can understand your critique, but I'm not sure there's a way I can fix it.  Plus, I think I've made clear what I think the fix would be.  Either way, I'll focus on it in the future.  But don't hold your breathe that my posting will ever get better, or at least similar to your liking...   :thumbsup:
Lol YOU actually post potential solutions, though your matrix reference explains the continuing MB debates.  Until a change happens, we're along for the ride; but the change we think is undisputeable may not be the correct change.  I'm not pro Bradley or fire Bradley BTW, i'll evaluate at seasons' end and see if it is more reward than risk depending on the potential candidates(fired HCs and playoff Coordinators) and what he does to save his job and pay grade.

I just see the constant complaints by some here redundant and attention flags.  Like if you say so and so sucks 1 week, then next week, save it unless KHAN is here somewhere asking for input.  Talk more about what the personnel we do have should do to fix things, instead of force feeding the fans who are, with their fantasy team play style and future stats and changes.  

People will vent differently though so whatever lol.  

Season Tix, Section 409

Quote:Gus should be fired for clapping like a buffoon after the pick 6.

You know it is bad when he made so many blunders that I actually forgot about this one.

Gus still deserves to be fired IMO

Jaguars Braves Hawks Gators

Quote:You know it is bad when he made so many blunders that I actually forgot about this one.

Really? This is a strike now? Clapping?

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2015, 02:20 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

Quote:Gus should be fired for clapping like a buffoon after the pick 6.

AGAIN.......EVERY HC DOES THIS.   see Motivation and Body Language Chapters 4 & 5 in your Coaching Manuals please.

Better yet, what should he have done?  Cuss out Blake?  Tell the offense they blew the game? Bench someone?

I know i want my leader(if i'm not) in anything to say Keep your head up, thats ok, let's still go get it, don't get upset It Aint Over, etc;  but again, whats upsetting you?  Relax and explain. 

Hopefully ya'll don't supervise ANYONE......EVER  

Edit:  i played QB so i understand BB5 probably hated himself after that but took the COACHING, got back in gear, and led his team to victory.  Anger solves everything though i guess.

Season Tix, Section 409