Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Only team in the NFL without a rushing TD

Oline and bad playcalling is why? Yeldon looks pretty good...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Anyone long for the days of Jedd Fisch? No, i didn't think so either. Get rid of the entire OL (as in not line them up) and just hand the ball off to any number of our assorted RB's and the yardage would probably be about the same. Well, maybe not but you get the point. Marshawn Lynch would be a man running in concrete with this same OL.

Offensive line can't block spam emails.

Without the All-22, I'm not sure we can blame Yeldon more than the O-Line.  Has anyone actually seen a hole that Yeldon has missed?  Or is it possible there are no holes for him to hit?

On top of that, it's pretty obvious when the Jags are gonna run, and usually the D is ready for it with a stacked box, because they know we won't play action to a pass...

So, if there is some blame to be put on Yeldon, it's probably that he's inexperienced, and appears to not have that burst when he'll break one wide open.  But Yeldon is a hard runner and even with his low YPC, he looks like a solid RB that's a mix of Freddie and MJD, again with that lack of top tier speed that's needed to break open a run.  

But if I were to assign blame, I'd put equal parts play calling and O-Line production way ahead of any issue with Yeldon.

As for Gerhart, why the heck you would start him and give him more reps compared to Shoelace is beyond me.

Quote:So it's Yeldon's fault if he has to run in a pile of bodies in the middle ? Maybe our OLine is just not able to open holes for him.

Funny thing, last year this very thing was happening to one Toby Gerhart but the only difference was that HE was getting called out for it.............not the OL.

Caldwell already got his RB in the second round. No chance he gets Fournette. GMs fall in love with their own early picks and ride them until the bitter end.

Quote:Oline and bad playcalling is why? Yeldon looks pretty good...

Bortles on pace for 34 TDs and he sucks. Yeldon on pace for 0 TDs and he's looked good.

Your opinion is hilarious.

Quote:Funny thing, last year this very thing was happening to one Toby Gerhart but the only difference was that HE was getting called out for it.............not the OL.

Actually most fans were calling out the ridiculous stretch plays with gerhart

Quote:Actually most fans were calling out the ridiculous stretch plays with gerhart

Yeah, Jedd Fisch was probably the worst OC I've ever seen. I loved the 3rd and 8 draw play for Gerhart vs. the Ravens D...stuffed for -2. If you're gonna call a draw play, why would the slowest RB be in the game?

Last year.... The old lady in front of us was screaming... they're running Gerhart... This year.. she's not with us.... died of boredom.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:Mind blowing.

Was it mind blowing when the Chiefs had a streak with no WR's getting a touchdown?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Was it mind blowing when the Chiefs had a streak with no WR's getting a touchdown?

Yes.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2015, 07:20 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

Quote:They are awful. The above is what you believe with no verifiable way to prove it either way. I remember both Fred Taylor and MJD having solid to great lines pretty much throughout their careers. Yeldon probably has some share of the blame. I was just surprised you pointed him out over the line.
Every line was solid? Hmmm..... How bout 2008, that line was terrible cause every starter on the interior went down. Now granted Fred was injured (and 32 old by then) but he still did 3.9 ypc. MJD did 4.2 ypc. 09,10 definitely were not good lines either. MJD did 4.4, and 4.5.

Now granted, the line is bad now too, but it isn't 08' bad. '09 and '10 got pushed back constantly in the center of the line and MJD did fine anyway. How many people wanted Brad Meester gone for years before he left?

Fred was the only back on team over 4 ypc for years before MJD.

Yeldon may not be a bust, but hes certainly not a game changer right now.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Was it mind blowing when the Chiefs had a streak with no WR's getting a touchdown?
That more than an entire season, right? Thats pretty mind blowing for what seemed like a decent offense on a 10+ win team.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Your a stupid fan and a troll.  Winning is not important so stop making bad topics.  The only important thing is how many cherry's on top of your sundae.
Love when this happens

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Every line was solid? Hmmm..... How bout 2008, that line was terrible cause every starter on the interior went down. Now granted Fred was injured (and 32 old by then) but he still did 3.9 ypc. MJD did 4.2 ypc. 09,10 definitely were not good lines either. MJD did 4.4, and 4.5.

Now granted, the line is bad now too, but it isn't 08' bad. '09 and '10 got pushed back constantly in the center of the line and MJD did fine anyway. How many people wanted Brad Meester gone for years before he left?

Fred was the only back on team over 4 ypc for years before MJD.

Yeldon may not be a bust, but hes certainly not a game changer right now.

First, I wouldn't compare Yeldon to MJD. Also, I cannot remember our oline being this bad run blocking. Yeldon does lead all backs in YPC. What I am saying is to call Yeldon out first implies he is the biggest problem. Not our oline, Gerhart or Robinson.