Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Positive: Walters

Quote:After a couple more weeks of seeing Walters in action, I'd like to hear some of your guys opinions/reactions on his play.

Do you think the guy deserves to be on the field frequently? Has your opinion on him swayed in any way?

Personally, I want to show him a little "respect." He grabs just about everything thrown his way. He's very good (dependable at least) as a returner. I think he should be on the field often, particularly on crucial downs and critical drives. I think the offense could be that much better with Walters in the game, helping to move the chains and keep drives alive.

There were some people who weren't sold on him a few weeks ago. Any change in that thought now? Seriously, just curious.

Anyway, I know he won't be a "star" or any #1 stud WR. However, I say keep playing the man!

As the great Vic Ketchman would say, "WRs are a dime a dozen" 

not to down play how great Bryan Walters has played or a few other of the WRs on the team... but if a QB does his job and puts the ball in a catchable place that most WRs are going to catch it... getting open and catching in traffic is a much harder thing to do...

I think the WRs on this team have a lot of potential its having a great Oline, run game, and giving Bortles a better playbook that would truly tell if this Offense could be a top 10 O... maybe... I'll take maybe...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:As the great Vic Ketchman would say, "WRs are a dime a dozen" 

not to down play how great Bryan Walters has played or a few other of the WRs on the team... but if a QB does his job and puts the ball in a catchable place that most WRs are going to catch it... getting open and catching in traffic is a much harder thing to do...

I think the WRs on this team have a lot of potential its having a great Oline, run game, and giving Bortles a better playbook that would truly tell if this Offense could be a top 10 O... maybe... I'll take maybe...
Not this again.  If they are a dime a dozen. How come found no dimes or remotely close during G Smith era?   Cause great ones are not.  CJ vs Shorts?  Hopkins vs Thomas?   Evans vs Walker?   I mean come on.  A great receiver is not a dime a dozen not even close.   AR15 vs Wallace?  

That is such a half fast remark.   So Cooper right now would of been a bad thing?   Yea okay.

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Walters > Lee.

Availability first and foremost, then the fact that Walters catches nearly everything around him.

Dumb

If that were true my fantasy team in a PPR league would look really good. Vic was wrong. Good WRs are not a dime a dozen.

White-guy comps aside, Walters reminds me of what I wanted Cecil Shorts to be. A crafty, quick-ish possessions guy with good size.

So why have we had such a hard time finding even a stray nickel since Jimmy retired?

Walters is definitely a positive. This guy catches everything thrown his way.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

Quote:White-guy comps aside, Walters reminds me of what I wanted Cecil Shorts to be. A crafty, quick-ish possessions guy with good size.

Basically.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2015, 01:25 PM by Andy G.)

He's reliable.

And right now we need players who are reliable.

He's not going to be a flashy player who makes big plays, but he's shown time and again that he is a safe option.

Long term, they want Greene to play that role, but he'll do for now !