Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gus' horrid and reckless coaching is creating a hazardous culture

Quote:Im not "flailing away" as you suggest. Just giving my honest opinion on how I feel. 

The answer he gave when initially asked about Pierce shows Gus has absolutely no grasp on communication and what's going on, Both from a competitive play and health standpoint. 

Tim, im talking to you man-to man. Do you think Gus should have given that statement?

Be honest Tim. 

Feelings aren't facts.  Your feelings are misguided.

There are many coaches who don't know the injury status on players at the end of a game.  Especially if they haven't had a chance to talk to the training/medical staff.  Again, this isn't on Gus.  You're reaching and missing big time.

How would Gus possibly know at a specific moment in time if a player was concussed if the medical personnel on site hadn't caught it?  Feel free to tell us how that works.

Gus gave an honest statement.  Would you prefer he lie and say Yeah, he was concussed if he didn't know?  Would that may you FEEL better?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Pretty much the only way concussion would be 100% identified in NFL games is if there were 106 medical personnel, with one being assigned to a player on each team.  Then play would have to be stopped after every play and the player(s) would have to go through concussion protocol before the game would continue.  A concussion is not always evident when watching the game so someone would have to physically check each player after they have made a play.  Of course this would result in 8 or 9 hour games.

Sound like a good plan? 

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:So Gus doing what every other coach does in these situations is creating a hazardous culture?  So we should re-title the thread as "NFL" instead of "Gus"? 

Or are you just making zero sense?

I dont know how every other coach handles their teams protocol so I dont know what you are talking about.

Your dismissive approach to Pierce's concussion is what I have a problem with BTW.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:I dont know how every other coach handles their teams protocol so I dont know what you are talking about.

Your dismissive approach to Pierce's concussion is what I have a problem with BTW.

I don't dismiss the seriousness of the injury at all. It can be tragic. I'm just pointing out that you seem unaware that this scenario takes place several times every Sunday league-wide.  Until players begin voluntarily removing themselves from the field over fear of concussion symptoms, it will continue to happen.  Players don't rush over to the trainers for a concussion test every time they get their bell rung. 

Quote:Feelings aren't facts.  Your feelings are misguided.

There are many coaches who don't know the injury status on players at the end of a game.  Especially if they haven't had a chance to talk to the training/medical staff.  Again, this isn't on Gus.  You're reaching and missing big time.

How would Gus possibly know at a specific moment in time if a player was concussed if the medical personnel on site hadn't caught it?  Feel free to tell us how that works.

Gus gave an honest statement.  Would you prefer he lie and say Yeah, he was concussed if he didn't know?  Would that may you FEEL better?

What's the point in trying to tell me how to feel? 

Again im refering to specifically to Pierce's concussion, and is questioning how the coaching, training, and medical staff was not aware of his symptoms. When it comes to regular injures, of course coaches will not be aware until after the game.

In this instance, whatever coaches were sitting in the booth should have asked a coach downstairs why was Pierce making a block for the other team, 

That is the communication I have a issue with.

I would prefer Gus actually spoke with trainers and got more specific information in regards to his status. 

The coaching and medical staff dropped the ball on this one big time. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2015, 02:14 PM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

Quote:I don't dismiss the seriousness of the injury at all. It can be tragic. I'm just pointing out that you seem unaware that this scenario takes place several times every Sunday league-wide.  Until players begin voluntarily removing themselves from the field over fear of concussion symptoms, it will continue to happen.  Players don't rush over to the trainers for a concussion test every time they get their bell rung. 

I am aware of possible concussion injuries that take place around the league each day. On this particular instance even when I regrettably chastised Pierce for the play I questioned myself as to why he did it. It wasn't until after I read his comments after the game that I suspected he may have been injured. 

That's when I began to question the coaching staff because such a blatant action Pierce did would have warrant a conversation on the sidelines. During that talk, there would have been a strong possibility it would have led to Pierce being led back to the locker room for a evaluation.  If the medical staff and Independent Neurologist saw symptoms. 

Players cant remove themselves from the game because they are unaware of their own symptoms at the current state due to the speed of the game.

Thats why the independent doctors were brought in to observe particular behaviors. 

Quote:I would prefer Gus actually spoke with trainers and got more specific information in regards to his status.

What exactly do you want the staff to tell Gus when he asks them?

Pierce did not show symptoms and didn't even tell trainers he felt off until an hour AFTER the game. Making a ridiculous block, which most didn't even realize until after the game, is not evidence of a concussion in and of itself. For all they knew, he just made a bone headed play. If you concussion tested everyone after making a stupid mistake then you'd have half the league going through testing every Sunday.

He wasn't falling over, wasn't throwing up, and didn't tell the staff he felt concussed. Not to mention he did not take a violent hit to the head to suggest he MIGHT have one.

You tell me how they were supposed to know he had a concussion under those circumstances.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:What exactly do you want the staff to tell Gus when he asks them?

Pierce did not show symptoms and didn't even tell trainers he felt off until an hour AFTER the game. Making a ridiculous block, which most didn't even realize until after the game, is not evidence of a concussion in and of itself. For all they knew, he just made a bone headed play. If you concussion tested everyone after making a stupid mistake then you'd have half the league going through testing every Sunday.

He wasn't falling over, wasn't throwing up, and didn't tell the staff he felt concussed. Not to mention he did not take a violent hit to the head to suggest he MIGHT have one.

You tell me how they were supposed to know he had a concussion under those circumstances.

He's just supposed to know.  Don't you get it?  He should be fired for not being able to summon the doctor gods and determine a player has a concussion when the medical staff and observers were completely unaware. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:What's the point in trying to tell me how to feel? 

Again im refering to specifically to Pierce's concussion, and is questioning how the coaching, training, and medical staff was not aware of his symptoms. When it comes to regular injures, of course coaches will not be aware until after the game.

In this instance, whatever coaches were sitting in the booth should have asked a coach downstairs why was Pierce making a block for the other team, 

That is the communication I have a issue with.

I would prefer Gus actually spoke with trainers and got more specific information in regards to his status. 

They missed it.  It happens.  How are they supposed to communicate something they're completely unaware of until well after the game ends?  Riddle me that.

The league has someone qualified to monitor each game whose sole responsibility is to identify players who may be concussed, to communicate that to the medical staff on the field, and to have them initiate the testing protocol.  If that person missed it, and the medical staff missed it, you're expecting Gus to just know it?  Seriously, you're reaching.

Will Pierce and Greene be contacting Farah and Farah to file suit against Gus.

Quote:I am aware of possible concussion injuries that take place around the league each day. On this particular instance even when I regrettably chastised Pierce for the play I questioned myself as to why he did it. It wasn't until after I read his comments after the game that I suspected he may have been injured. 

That's when I began to question the coaching staff because such a blatant action Pierce did would have warrant a conversation on the sidelines. During that talk, there would have been a strong possibility it would have led to Pierce being led back to the locker room for a evaluation.  If the medical staff and Independent Neurologist saw symptoms. 

Players cant remove themselves from the game because they are unaware of their own symptoms at the current state due to the speed of the game.

Thats why the independent doctors were brought in to observe particular behaviors. 
It seems you have imagined a scenario of medical precaution on the sideline that just doesn't exist in the NFL -  and you are holding this staff to an impossible standard.

You've raised this imaginary bar beyond what is currently standard practice. 

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2015, 02:31 PM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

Quote:They missed it.  It happens.  How are they supposed to communicate something they're completely unaware of until well after the game ends?  Riddle me that.

The league sends someone to monitor each game whose sole responsibility is to identify players who may be concussed, to communicate that to the medical staff on the field, and to have them initiate the testing protocol.  If that person missed it, and the medical staff missed it, you're expecting Gus to just know it?  Seriously, you're reaching.

We're beyond the coaches/medical staff missing the diagnosis.  

Why didnt the coaches upstairs making the call downstairs to find out why Pierce make the block?

Quote:It seems you have imagined a scenario of medical precaution on the sideline that just doesn't exist in the NFL -  and you are holding this staff to an impossible standard.

You've raised this imaginary bar beyond what is currently standard practice. 

Ill ask you the same question.

Why didnt the coaches in the booth call downstairs to find out why Pierce made the block?

Fun pointless thread is always worth a post even if I'm reaching for straws just like the OP...

Quote:Ill ask you the same question.

Why didnt the coaches in the booth call downstairs to find out why Pierce made the block?

Lol

1. Players make bone headed plays all the time. Should they all require concussion testing?

2. Maybe, just maybe, they didn't see it then...
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Could you imagine Gus as a doctor? "It's not about curing the patient man! What matters is trying your best and demonstrating your spirit! Yea!!!! Isn't this awesome to be competing? OK so the patient died but man what a great surgical procedure to be a part of man we almost pulled it off!"

Yeah, with dr. Bradley, you don't walk away from a root canal...

Quote:Lol

1. Players make bone headed plays all the time. Should they all require concussion testing?

2. Maybe, just maybe, they didn't see it then...

I'd go out on a limb and say that was the case.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Also, I just want to point out how awesome I am. I kept saying to everyone that he must have had a concussion...

:pats self on back: