Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Yeldon is going to be a star

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2015, 10:00 AM by Marvsin.)

He's going to be an above average running back, doing what he's doing behind this o-line is proof of that

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

With all the talent on this team, NO one will be a star with this coaching staff behind them. I bet Khan is debating what week he will fire Gus.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2015, 10:06 AM by Teal Curtain.)

Quote:88 carries into Emmitt Smith's rookie season he was averaging a whopping.........

3.6 ypc.

It's a good thing Emmitt's career wasn't decided by his first 80 carries.
Thanks for posting this.

I see Banatha is ignoring actual stats.

I swear the ignorance is ridiculous on here.

Another fun fact: Le'Veon Bell averaged only 3.5 yards per carry his rookie year. With 13 starts.

My observations:

I see a running back who is very shifty and always seems to fall forward.

He may lack top of the line speed, but so did Emmitt Smith, Arion Foster, and Eddie George (not saying Yeldon reminds me of them). 

Good hands, great feet, he is also very good an picking up extra rushers.

Play the kid and never take him off the field.

Bad things tend to happen when we do. (Gerhart missed block, Grant fumble)

Linder back next year. Cann takes over for a terrible Beadles.

I like Yeldon and think he's going to be really good.

No he isn't. He's going to be a serviceable back. I've seen more explosiveness and suddenness from Robinson honestly.

Quote:No he isn't. He's going to be a serviceable back. I've seen more explosiveness and suddenness from Robinson honestly.
This I agree with.  Robinson hits the whole faster, and runs faster.  Also, he doesn't dance.  Robinson has learned to be a 1 cut guy and go.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:No he isn't. He's going to be a serviceable back. I've seen more explosiveness and suddenness from Robinson honestly.
Yea..... Because Leveon Bell jumped out the gate on fire too.....

People have compared Yeldon to Bell with his patience and elusiveness. 

Quote:Yea..... Because Leveon Bell jumped out the gate on fire too.....

People have compared Yeldon to Bell with his patience and elusiveness.

TJ 3 yards

Quote:This I agree with.  Robinson hits the whole faster, and runs faster.  Also, he doesn't dance.  Robinson has learned to be a 1 cut guy and go.

But this is his third year too. Yeldon will get it eventually, it's a matter of trusting his eyes and the line.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:But this is his third year too. Yeldon will get it eventually, it's a matter of trusting his eyes and the line.

Robinson was a QB converted to a OW then a RB. He was basically drafted as an athlete.

I'd like to see Yeldon with a decent line with the run before I say hes nothing more then average

Jaguars Braves Hawks Gators

Quote:Robinson was a QB converted to a OW then a RB. He was basically drafted as an athlete.

Exactly, in three years look what he learned. Yeldon will most likely be much better sooner.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2015, 11:21 AM by Solid Snake.)

Quote:I'd like to see Yeldon with a decent line with the run before I say hes nothing more then average

Didn't Drob have a worst line last year?

Quote:Exactly, in three years look what he learned. Yeldon will most likely be much better sooner.

Shouldn't Yeldon be held to a higher standard being he has always been a RB?

Way too early. He has talent. For a rb taken at the top of the second round he better have talent. The run blocking is arrocious and its hard to get a good read but it doesnt make much sense to syart praising him just because the oline sucks.

Quote:Shouldn't Yeldon be held to a higher standard being he has always been a RB?

Yes, but this is week 5 of season 1.

Quote:Yes, but this is week 5 of season 1.

Your point?

Denard is a good compliment to Yeldon. He does bring more explosiveness, but he isn't as good in the pass game.

More important though is that Denard is "frageelay" and can't handle the full load.

Also why do people deride one of our own players to prop up another? I see it with people complaining about one of the Allens to make the other seem better

Can't we just be happy we have more than one good player at a position?

Quote:Denard is a good compliment to Yeldon. He does bring more explosiveness, but he isn't as good in the pass game.

More important though is that Denard is "frageelay" and can't handle the full load.

Also why do people deride one of our own players to prop up another? I see it with people complaining about one of the Allens to make the other seem better

Can't we just be happy we have more than one good player at a position?

I'm simply saying nothing I've seen indicates he is an answer but I've heard people on hear claim he's the next Fred.

Quote:I'm simply saying nothing I've seen indicates he is an answer but I've heard people on hear claim he's the next Fred. He can't even average 4 ypc