Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Truth about Bortles' completion percentage

Quote:I don't know, you tell me.  Our 3 primary receivers and QB are 4 games into their 2nd season.  Our primary running back is a rookie.  

Just relax, everything will work itself out.  Either the team will continue to grow and get better like they should this year, or Gus will likely lose his job.  I'm sure you want one of those two outcomes and you're more than likely going to get one of them.

Quote:Again, dempsey said it best: they chose to go about doing it this way. Their job is to put a competitive product on the field and win games, and if they dont, then there will be consequences.

This is the nfl. Most coaches and gms dont get 2, let alone 3 throw away years.

I didn't hear dempsey say what you're quoting, but how is it different than what I said above?  Either the young offense continues to progress and become more consistent as the year moves forward or the consequence is Gus likely loses his job.

And about the throw away year comment...  we all knew and understood what was happening 2 seasons ago. Then last year we drafted and started an all rookie skill position offense with the exception of the Tight End position.  We're 4 games into this season and the offensive unit is clearly tightened up their game by comparison to last year but there's obviously still work to be done.  I'm sure you've watched the NFL for years like most on here have.  I'm sure you realize that a team can quite often look one way at the beginning of the season and look completely different by the end.  The nature of a young offense playing together should lead to better execution over time.  If that doesn't happen then heads will roll.  Just relax man, it's gonna be ok.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2015, 02:51 PM by Jags32250.)

Quote:Which is still bad. Michael vick territory.
I hear your constant whining and babbling, but tell me what the solution is.  Bench him and not see his signs of development come into fruition, fire Gus and Dave now?  How is this accomplishing anything.  If this isn't what you want, tell me what you want.  Everyone here get's it loud and clear, day after day, you don't like these guys. What's your solution? 

Quote:I hear your constant whining and babbling, but tell me what the solution is. Bench him and not see his signs of development come into fruition, fire Gus and Dave now? How is this accomplishing anything. If this isn't what you want, tell me what you want. Everyone here get's it loud and clear, day after day, you don't like these guys. What's your solution?
this is a message board... You know, where people go to babble

Quote:this is a message board... You know, where people go to babble
You have no substance. None.  What do you want to see done?  Simple question.

Bortles will likely never have a great completion percentage because he pushes the ball downfield on a relatively large percentage of his passes.

Why is there not a poll about this yet???

I'll just put down my vote here until the official poll is created:

Put me down as one person who doesn't care what his completion rate is--for now.

He's moving the team well, our pass yards per game is 18th in the league. Not great, but it's clear to me that we are moving on the right direction. He's also reducing the amount of ints as well, from last year. And if I recall, his yards per attempt is pretty good too.

So as of right now, who cares if his percentage is a low after 4 games?

Now, if he was checking down every pass and was throwing for less than 200 yards per game, I'd be worried. If we were going 3 and out on every series, I'd be worried. If he was throwing 2 picks a game, or continued to be touched with the pick 6 bug, I'd be worried.

But those things aren't happening.

Seriously, who cares about his completion percentage at this point?

Where's the thread about the number of touchdowns he's thrown? If there is something to discuss, that would be it.

But the td problem I think is a complex one that requires more thought and cannot be put all on Blake, so I guess it will be ignored

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2015, 04:19 PM by clfcrn777.)

Quote:You have no substance. None.  What do you want to see done?  Simple question.
Relieve Gus of his duties, put Doug Marrone in the interim position. Go from there. 

I wouldn't be inclined to let Caldwell go.... he has kind of had a rough go with injuries and what not. But if Marrone can't get more out of the roster than Gus, then we may need to reconsider.

The injury argument doesn't really carry weight when talking about the head coach. This is virtually the same offensive unit we had last year, and not a whole lot in the way of improvement where it counts. 15.5 points per game is absolute garbage. You would expect to see substantial improvement, even with the same guys in place.

Quote:Relieve Gus of his duties, put Doug Marrone in the interim position. Go from there.

I wouldn't be inclined to let Caldwell go.... he has kind of had a rough go with injuries and what not. But if Marrone can't get more out of the roster than Gus, then we may need to reconsider.

The injury argument doesn't really carry weight when talking about the head coach. This is virtually the same offensive unit we had last year, and not a whole lot in the way of improvement where it counts. 15.5 points per game is absolute garbage. You would expect to see substantial improvement, even with the same guys in place.

Well, Gus is still here which means Caldwell disagrees. Really as simple as that. How many more ways you going to tell us what the Jags should do?

Quote:Well, Gus is still here which means Caldwell disagrees. Really as simple as that. How many more ways you going to tell us what the Jags should do?
Quite frankly, I don't care what Caldwell thinks, because Caldwell thought that it was a good idea to trade eugene monroe away, and waste a first round pick on a tackle that we really wouldn't have needed.

Oh, and the Daryl Smith thing.

You can argue that injuries and uncertainty are enough to justify Caldwell sticking around for another year. But he really hasn't made his mark in terms of personnel to this point. Marks, Allen Robinson, and Allen Hurns are probably his biggest impact acquisitions. Marks was a low priority when signed, Arob was a 2nd round pick (picked behind Lee btw), and Hurns was an UDFA.

Quote:Relieve Gus of his duties, put Doug Marrone in the interim position. Go from there. 
Yup, that'll really get this team winning.  You constantly whine about Bortles, so Henne starts as well?

Quote:The injury argument doesn't really carry weight when talking about the head coach. This is virtually the same offensive unit we had last year, and not a whole lot in the way of improvement where it counts. 15.5 points per game is absolute garbage. You would expect to see substantial improvement, even with the same guys in place.
So fire Olson too, right?

Quote:I dont care, that doesnt account for a 55% rate. That's obscene.
For some reason I see you stomping you feet when you posted this.

Quote:For some reason I see you stomping you feet when you posted this.
You aren't far off

You obviously don't give up on Olson or Bortles. I think there has been improvement there.

But the overall feel of the game isn't great. We can pretty much plan on coming out and doing nothing in the second half. Gus doesn't seem to get on his coordinators about adjustments, and he doesn't seem to hold players accountable, at least not in-game (see Jaguars Today convo from today).

It's great if you think the games feel more competitive than past years. However, the reality is that at 15.5 ppg, the game is pretty much over before it starts. You aren't going to win many with that low of an offensive output.

Quote:It's great if you think the games feel more competitive than past years. However, the reality is that at 15.5 ppg, the game is pretty much over before it starts. You aren't going to win many with that low of an offensive output.
All of us obviously want more points scored, so nothing earth shattering there.  And to your other point, we've been in 3 of the 4 games till the end.  You're not making very good observations around here.

Quote:Quite frankly, I don't care what Caldwell thinks, because Caldwell thought that it was a good idea to trade eugene monroe away, and waste a first round pick on a tackle that we really wouldn't have needed.

Oh, and the Daryl Smith thing.

I do not recall you posting about that on the board at the time. Regardless, you don't care what he thinks and no one in the Jags organization cares what you think. You can keep pounding the fire insert name train, but it isn't changing anything. Maybe you have something new to bring to the table or just wash, rinse and repeat?

Rabble Rabble Rabble
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

On the stats I can find it says the Raiders and Jags both have 10 dropped <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-receiver-drops-percentage/2015/'> passes</a> with only a difference in 2 targets between the two teams, why would you say he doesn't have near the same number of drops?

Quote:this is a message board... You know, where people go to babble

So you finally admit that all you do is babble.  So....

Quote:For some reason I see you stomping you feet when you posted this.

Quote:You aren't far off

That would be a temper tantrum.  Mama should limit the time that you get to play on the message board.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.