Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
General Manager Dave Caldwell on the hot seat with Gus?

Quote:Not so fast my friends! Before we just defend DC which everyone typically do to poor performances, lets look at what he really did..

He let go of a proven LT and drafted one not proven in Joeckel, which at the moment is looking like a bad decision.And a wasted draft pick..

He let Mjd go, and bought in Gerhart and paid him more money... Hmmm another bad and idea..

He reaches for players in the draft often..

Now im not saying he is horrible but hes not great either. His job has to be evaluated with Gus as well!

He let go of a LT who many here, most likely you included, were demanding be released for almost his entire time here in Jacksonville.  Only in his final season and a half did he start to show signs he was at least starting to play better.  He was in a contract year, and he would have most likely been converted to a RT because they drafted Joeckel to play LT.  He wasn't going to take a RT contract.  They traded him because otherwise they would have gotten nothing with his departure, and any new contract was highly unlikely.

MJD?  Seriously?  The guy was done in his final season here.  That was proven out when he landed in Oakland.  Let it go.  Players get old.  They weren't giving him a new contract here.

He reaches often?  Really?  Says who? You? 

If you want to beat him up over someone like Daryl Smith, that's fine.  But Monroe?  MJD?  Gimme a break.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Im not even talking about a maclin or cobb dude. I'm talking a nate washington type wr when these wrs were rookies to help guide them. Like they looked to greg jennings possibly this offseason. And those guys aren't ultra expensive but okay I said cobb or maclin.

Jennings has been terrible in Miami

;

;

Quote:Not so fast my friends! Before we just defend DC which everyone typically do to poor performances, lets look at what he really did..

He let go of a proven LT and drafted one not proven in Joeckel, which at the moment is looking like a bad decision.And a wasted draft pick..

He let Mjd go, and bought in Gerhart and paid him more money... Hmmm another bad and idea..

He reaches for players in the draft often..

Now im not saying he is horrible but hes not great either. His job has to be evaluated with Gus as well!

Let MJD go? And?

;

;

Letting go of MJD was the right move. While I disagree, I understand bringing in Gerhart. His limited stats were impressive in Minnesota.

Who has he reached for? I don't see any reaches.

I agree about Monroe. Why let him go and draft a guy in the hopes he's as good. That move baffled me.

Quote:Letting go of MJD was the right move. While I disagree, I understand bringing in Gerhart. His limited stats were impressive in Minnesota.

Who has he reached for? I don't see any reaches.

I agree about Monroe. Why let him go and draft a guy in the hopes he's as good. That move baffled me.
Fowler was a reach, Bortles was a reach, Yeldon was a reach in some eyes... But i dont mind him.. Mojo production although he was old was still better then Gerhart.. And he was cheaper..

Quote:Fowler was a reach, Bortles was a reach, Yeldon was a reach in some eyes... But i dont mind him.. Mojo production although he was old was still better then Gerhart.. And he was cheaper..

I'll give you Bortles, but in what alternate dimension was Fowler a reach? Now, I'm not a draftnik since I don't follow college football, but I seem to recall Fowler being listed among, if not as the, best pass rushing prospect in this past draft. Yeah, him getting hurt stunk in typical #becauseJaguars fashion, but that doesn't turn him miraculously into reach status.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:Fowler was a reach, Bortles was a reach, Yeldon was a reach in some eyes... But i dont mind him.. Mojo production although he was old was still better then Gerhart.. And he was cheaper..
Fowler was a reach?

You lose.

Bortles was a reach? It is widely known that the tinhorns thought about drafting Bortles #1. And he was going to be gone before the 2nd. Bet.

Fowler was not a reach. Stop.

;

;

You are REACHING.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I wonder if GM Dave Caldwell is fired should the Jaguars simply look within and promote Director of Player Personnel Chris Polian?

He was the former GM of the Colts, and had interviewed for the Eagles GM job right before being promoted to Director of Player Personnel in May.

He didn't get the job but it shows interest still exist for him as a GM, and if you look at his resume it is worth the owners time considering him for the position should he fire Dave Caldwell.

What do you think about Chris Polian as the new GM in the event that Dave is fired this year?

Polian was terrible with the Colts.

Next question.

Quote:I'll give you Bortles, but in what alternate dimension was Fowler a reach? Now, I'm not a draftnik since I don't follow college football, but I seem to recall Fowler being listed among, if not as the, best pass rushing prospect in this past draft. Yeah, him getting hurt stunk in typical #becauseJaguars fashion, but that doesn't turn him miraculously into reach status.
ok if u give me Bortles,give me a link also showing were Fowler was mock going in the top 3..

These guys were reaches based upon what?

The consensus was Fowler was a top 5 pick.

Bortles was coveted by Houston as well, and they had the top pick.

Yeldon was almost universally viewed as a 2nd round pick.

Most post draft grades the past few years gave the Jaguars high marks.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:These guys were reaches based upon what?

The consensus was Fowler was a top 5 pick.

Bortles was coveted by Houston as well, and they had the top pick.

Yeldon was almost universally viewed as a 2nd round pick.

Most post draft grades the past few years gave the Jaguars high marks.
Aight ill agree Fowler was at the least a top 10 pick.. I just dont like the pick .. Could have had Cooper, but it is what is.

Quote:ok if u give me Bortles,give me a link also showing were Fowler was mock going in the top 3..
He was, sorry you were unaware.  No one should waste time on you.

Quote:ok if u give me Bortles,give me a link also showing were Fowler was mock going in the top 3..
http://walterfootball.com/draft2015.php

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/mock-drafts

http://www.drafttek.com/2015-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

Quote:Aight ill agree Fowler was at the least a top 10 pick.. I just dont like the pick .. Could have had Cooper, but it is what is.
You can make the argument Cooper should have been the pick.  But can you possibly understand why he wouldn't be?

Quote:http://walterfootball.com/draft2015.php

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/mock-drafts

http://www.drafttek.com/2015-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

Ooo killem!! Ooo Killem!! Ooo Killem!!

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Mojo's production was better than Gerhart's? Are we thinking of the same Mojo? Because I'm thinking of the Mojo that didn't go over 100 yards for the whole season and scored a whopping ZERO touchdowns last year. Maybe football isn't your thing. Next.

"give me a link also showing were Fowler was mock going in the top 3."

(shown multiple links with Fowler going in the top 3)

Logs off

;

;

Maybe you should just quit now because it's getting downright embarrassing for you at this point.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]