Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Texas transgender wrestler wins state championship

Quote:They should have let him compete against the boys.  Supplemental testosterone when proven medically necessary is not cheating.  (Which is why they allowed him to compete in the first place).  He shouldn't be forced to quit the sport just because the laws won't let him try out for the boys team.  In fact by not quitting, maybe he makes way for the law to change.

Gender transition is medically necessary?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2017, 03:16 PM by JackCity.)

Quote:They should have let him compete against the boys. Supplemental testosterone when proven medically necessary is not cheating. (Which is why they allowed him to compete in the first place). He shouldn't be forced to quit the sport just because the laws won't let him try out for the boys team. In fact by not quitting, maybe he makes way for the law to change.
I dunno man I was thinking that at the start too but the guys have swayed me.

They banned testosterone therapy being allowed in MMA a year or two ago due to the abuse of it.

I must be the only one that finds it odd that a 17 year old high school kid is going through "gender transition".  I mean, parents allowing this to happen to a child at that age?  A doctor willing to prescribe hormone medication that is not melodically necessary for a child that age?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2017, 03:18 PM by Jaguar Warrior.)

Quote:I must be the only one that finds it odd that a 17 year old high school kid is going through "gender transition".  I mean, parents allowing this to happen to a child at that age?  A doctor willing to prescribe hormone medication that is not melodically necessary for a child that age?

17 is pretty old actually. Wasn't there a recent reality TV show about parents allowing their pre-teen to take hormones and puberty blockers? I've seen numerous other articles about parents giving their 9 or 10-year old's take hormones or puberty blockers as well.

Sad, really.

lol here you go jagibelieve.

Trans girl, 9, makes history on National Geographic cover

Quote:I must be the only one that finds it odd that a 17 year old high school kid is going through "gender transition". I mean, parents allowing this to happen to a child at that age? A doctor willing to prescribe hormone medication that is not melodically necessary for a child that age?

I think they try to do it at around 16/17 before puberty is complete so the hormones can have a greater affect on the entire body.

Quote: 

17 is pretty old actually. Wasn't there a recent reality TV show about parents allowing their pre-teen to take hormones and puberty blockers? I've seen numerous other articles about parents giving their 9 or 10-year old's take hormones or puberty blockers as well.

Sad, really.

lol here you go jagibelieve.

Trans girl, 9, makes history on National Geographic cover

I disagree with your first statement.  The vast majority of 17 year old children in today's society have no idea regarding such important life decisions.  I kind of feel sorry for the boy and others like him.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I disagree with your first statement.  The vast majority of 17 year old children in today's society have no idea regarding such important life decisions.  I kind of feel sorry for the boy and others like him.

Sorry, I meant relatively. Most transgender stories I've seen propagandized by the MSM involve pre-teens.

I don't personally believe you should be allowed to make those type of decisions until you are at least 18.

Quote:I disagree with your first statement.  The vast majority of 17 year old children in today's society have no idea regarding such important life decisions.  I kind of feel sorry for the boy and others like him.

I know I should be used to it - but you speaking for people you know nothing about is pretty amusing.

You claim to dislike government intervention in a lot of areas of American society but you seem to be fine in intervening with a family situation such as this.

Yeah, a child and his/her child know nothing about what's going on - but you do? And you feel kind of sorry for them? I think your sorrow is badly misplaced.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

I have quite a bit of background with testosterone and I can assure you that it significantly increases your muscle strength, but something many don't realize is stamina.  Taking testosterone can make the average person do an activity for a much longer time, and with wrestling that is extremely important.

She's onlyyyyyyyyyy seventeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.  :whistling:  :no:

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:I know I should be used to it - but you speaking for people you know nothing about is pretty amusing.

You claim to dislike government intervention in a lot of areas of American society but you seem to be fine in intervening with a family situation such as this.

Yeah, a child and his/her child know nothing about what's going on - but you do? And you feel kind of sorry for them? I think your sorrow is badly misplaced.

Government intervention for the sake of preventing a permanent biological alteration that affects both the physical and mental development of a child is pretty important.

A child does not have the cognitive ability to make that sort of decision. Fact.

Quote:Flip it the other way where a guy is changing via hormone treatments. Should he be permitted to compete on the girls tennis or soccer team? How would you feel if a 200lb boy went cleats up into your 105lb daughter's legs? I'd be livid [BAD WORD REMOVED].

I'd be wondering why this 200 lb girl would be in the same weight class as my 105 lb daughter.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I know I should be used to it - but you speaking for people you know nothing about is pretty amusing.

I never said anything about government intervention.

I'm not sure that I understand your comment that I highlighted in bold, but if that's what you meant to say, it's part of the problem.

I believe that you meant to speak about the parents and what they "feel" is "going on" with their child.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I do feel kind of sorry for the child, in this case the young boy.

Quote:I'd be wondering why this 200 lb girl would be in the same weight class as my 105 lb daughter.

Soccer doesn't have weight classes.

I knew full well who I was, what I wanted to do with my life, and exactly what was right/wrong in life when I was 17.  It's weird to me that you didn't.

I get that this isn't for everyone, and I don't completely get it, but to act like you know what is best for everyone is pretty self righteous.  It's the same thing spewed on every post from a few people...on both sides of the argument in this section anymore.

With that said the state needs to revise their rules.  If a girl is converting to a male she will do sports against males.  If a guy is converting, unfortunately they won't be allowed to play a sport while in school.  It's the cost of the choice you made.  If you know that going into it, who can argue it?

Quote:I knew full well who I was, what I wanted to do with my life, and exactly what was right/wrong in life when I was 17.  It's weird to me that you didn't.

I get that this isn't for everyone, and I don't completely get it, but to act like you know what is best for everyone is pretty self righteous.  It's the same thing spewed on every post from a few people...on both sides of the argument in this section anymore.

With that said the state needs to revise their rules.  If a girl is converting to a male she will do sports against males.  If a guy is converting, unfortunately they won't be allowed to play a sport while in school.  It's the cost of the choice you made.  If you know that going into it, who can argue it?

Congratulations.  You weren't one of the vast majority of 17 year old high school children that I spoke about.

I never said that "I know what is best for everyone", I questioned the decision of the parents of the boy in question.  At 17 years old, life hasn't really even begun.

Let me ask you this.  Why would the rules be different regarding sports for a boy-to-girl "transition" than a girl-to-boy "transition"?

This whole "gender identity" issue is manufactured and false.  Biology is fact, "identification" is false.

Quote:Congratulations.  You weren't one of the vast majority of 17 year old high school children that I spoke about.

I never said that "I know what is best for everyone", I questioned the decision of the parents of the boy in question.  At 17 years old, life hasn't really even begun.

Let me ask you this.  Why would the rules be different regarding sports for a boy-to-girl "transition" than a girl-to-boy "transition"?

This whole "gender identity" issue is manufactured and false.  Biology is fact, "identification" is false.

Funny how "science" is "science"... until it's not.

Too many fake scientists faking science.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Because a man converting to a man still holds a genetic discrepancy as far as body type and strength.  A woman converting to a man does not contain those advantages.

The fact that this common sense isn't obvious to you is scary.  Many people have evolved to accept those that are not like them, you are not one of those people.  You have never had to say "I know what's best for everyone," it is fully implied in practically every post you make here.

Quote:I'd be wondering why this 200 lb girl would be in the same weight class as my 105 lb daughter.  

There's weight classes in soccer, tennis or softball?

Who knew?

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Because a man converting to a man still holds a genetic discrepancy as far as body type and strength.  A woman converting to a man does not contain those advantages.

The fact that this common sense isn't obvious to you is scary.  Many people have evolved to accept those that are not like them, you are not one of those people.  You have never had to say "I know what's best for everyone," it is fully implied in practically every post you make here.

A man converting to a man?  I think that this whole "gender Identification" thing even has you confused.  The fact that you call it "common sense" says a lot.  Why a person want's to damage their body and try to change it into something that it isn't.... you're right, I don't understand it.  People are born with certain DNA and are physically referred to by that.  A male is a male and a female is a female, there is no disputing that fact.  That goes for not only people, but animals.

You do know that there is a difference between a "man" and a "boy" right?  We aren't talking about a full grown and mature adult here, we are talking about an adolescent that doesn't really know about how real life really works.  Making a life-changing and damaging decision at that age shouldn't be "acceptable".  I questioned his parent's decision about letting him do this.  For me personally, I think that it's not only wrong, but will damage his future.