Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Not a lot of joy around here...

Quote:Thank you... Look, it's OK to be critical of this team and the direction it has been going since the rebuild. But I've been railing against this since the beginning of the season when people were lamenting not getting a veteran WR. These guys are good and they are already demonstrating professionalism. They both have been getting better with each game. There's only so much a WR can do... When you have a coa..... Nope, I'm not turning this into a Gus sucks thread... These guys are good. They will maintain it... As time goes on, we're gonna love these two tandems... It's just a matter of time... Maybe a year or 2... But they are legit.

Are they megatron? No, but who is? Are they Dez? Maybe... You guys gotta remember, Dez was a dumpster fire for his first 3 years... Seriously, does anyone remember that monday night game with Dez where he just quit on a route for a pick six against the giants? That was like his second year... These guys are gonna be good. They need someone to push harder, but they are good! I'd take these two over most other WR tandems in the league...

Agreed! We need more PA passing plays... Especially since we are being sniffed out for running when the D stacks the box, PA pass more!!! Gus will (hopefully) realize that and let slip the hounds of war.

Let's not turn this into another Gus sucks forum... This is about positives. Here's one.... We rarely sniffed the opponents 30 yard line in previous years... We're getting into the red zone consistantly now... In the first half...

I know Joeckel is the whipping boy du jour... But he's not a liability. Matter of fact, the Pass Protection is not a liability at all this year. Yes, there are hurries and rushes... But BB5 is getting time. That's why AR and Burns are getting such good YPC...

I think the run blocking leaves something to be desired... But that will also come. You mention LInder being out for the season. That I think is also a positive, because I thought the O-Line did well in his absense against the clots...

Not once did I say Gus sucked. Last time I checked he's not the OC. I simply said the red zone execution and play calling isn't that great.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Just posted this on another board, lets see what kind of responses I get lol

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthr...know/page2

Yeldon's stat line would look a lot better if this team actually called some toss plays.

Trust that your young 2nd rounder has enough speed to hit the corner for a positive gain rather than depending on your guards and center to move 4 of the front 7 players off of the ball.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Allen Robinson is 2nd in Avg too with 22 yards, first place in 40+ with 3 & 1st place with 20+ with 7 rec! (among 2nd year WRs)

OC Olson needs to give Blake more time to throw deep to either WR (have them both run go routes) especially on play action he is very successful - but it depends on TJ Yeldon being more productive so that Defenses bite on the play action...

Quote:Yeldon's stat line would look a lot better if this team actually called some toss plays.

Trust that your young 2nd rounder has enough speed to hit the corner for a positive gain rather than depending on your guards and center to move 4 of the front 7 players off of the ball.

You mean running up the middle into a pile of bodies is not working?

The true test of character is (if) they are able to raise themselves out of the abyss. For the Jags, this next game will be the tell tale of the season as far as I'm concerned. How they respond from this obviously embarassing loss (and they should be embarrassed) what they do and how they perform will dictate how the rest of the season plays out. If they get beat...........no bother to follow them any further as it will only frustrate. They will have proven their character and resolve if they go out and LOSE again. Or, if they win and win big...........they could get on a roll and make it an interesting season yet. By Monday, we will all know.

A lot of positives so far despite the losing.

-the pass protection is much better, Joeckel has definitely improved. Beatles has been pretty good and Parnell and Wiz have been welcome additions.

- Bortles is still inconsistent, especially with the short passes/redzone, but he is deadly on play action and deep passes. I think he is our guy.

- Robinson becoming a legit deep threat. Acrobatic catches over helpless defenders are becoming a weekly thing. He is now drawing the tough coverage and safety help which is opening things up for Hurns.

- Hurns has improved as well, his hands are much better and he is tough over the middle. He is seeing less attention than AROB but he is beating his man consistently. Ideal #2 WR.

- Julius coming back will open things up on offense even more. Hopefully he also helps in the redzone and the improved passing game will actually lead to some points.

- Our secondary has been a disappointment but the defense is doing a great job against the run. I think we are #3 against the run. Poz went down unfortunately but Telvin and Skuta have been all over the place making RBs pay. Colvin and Gratz have been sturdy in run support as well.

- Most improved player on defense so far is Cyprien. He has been solid all year but last game he really broke out. Much improved tackling and he always seems to be around the play. The next step is more turnovers/INTS but even if he keeps up his current level of play we should all be pleased with him as our SS.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

I know is for positives but I'm not so sure Joeckel has improved to the point we'r comfortable with him long term. I mean, he's a little better,but what I'm seeing a lot is Bortles bailing him out with good pocket presence. He was getting whipped by Mathis on Sunday and Bortles did a good job of avoiding the rush and getting the ball out before he could get plastered. There was that one play where the ball sailed out of bounds horribly and it's because Bortles felt Mathis about to lit him up and let the ball go before he got hit.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Also I think the D-Line is more disappoint rather than the secondary. Overall I think the secondary has played well considering there is no pass rush. Sample, Brown, Cyprien, Colvin, McCray, Gratz, House at times, have all played well and would look even better with pressure on the QB. It's hard to pick off passes when your pass rush isn't producing enough pressure to force bad throws.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

When the Jaguars replaced Mike Ryan, the head athletic trainer since the start of the franchise with Scott Trulock (North Carolina) did it contribute to the higher amount of injuries we have seen this year?

Everyone is simply frustrated with the lack of wins.  

Morale victories like an improved passing attack and some bright spots here and there on defense will only get you so much.  

It looks like there is more talent on the field, but you still see bone-headed mistakes by the coaching staff and the same scores on the scoreboard.  

Cool stuff. :thumbsup:

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Quote:Not once did I say Gus sucked. Last time I checked he's not the OC. I simply said the red zone execution and play calling isn't that great.

Fair enough.  My overall point was to keep it positive in this thread, since there are multiple other threads to be the opposite of that...   :thumbsup:

Quote:Everyone is simply frustrated with the lack of wins.  

Morale victories like an improved passing attack and some bright spots here and there on defense will only get you so much.  

It looks like there is more talent on the field, but you still see bone-headed mistakes by the coaching staff and the same scores on the scoreboard.  
No doubt.  Caldwell's doing a good job, but the GusBus is looking like a lemon. And this comes from a players not plays guy. 

Quote:Probably because when we line up with other teams, there's no filter box that we can check that says "Rookie year" or "Second Year" only
Ok, go look at them vs. the entire NFL. They are playing well, be happy.

Quote:Silver linings are overrated.
The thing with 'silver linings' is that there is generally a much larger dark cloud in the middle.

Quote:The thing with 'silver linings' is that there is generally a much larger dark cloud in the middle.
We know!

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2015, 09:31 AM by StitchJones.)

I think there are some good things that we've observed in the first quarter of this season. We seem to have two fairly good receivers in A-Rob and Hurns. Our weakest links on the o-line (joeckel and young) both seem to be doing much better so far. Bortles is throwing fewer 'ints' and is moving to stay in the pocket better... which is leading to fewer sacks... which makes our o-line look better.

Given the amount of injuries this team has suffered (it's almost like we're cursed or something...) the defense has been (with the exception of the pats game) keeping us in the game.

To be honest, I didn't have us as likely winning a game at all the first quarter; of course, that was before the dolts had a backup quarterback playing us. Anyway, with the win against the fin's we're actually slightly ahead of where I had projected us at this point. And by the way, my projection of maybe a 6-10 season was based on a full healthy roster... with Fowler, Thomas, Marks, etc. So considering the way the team has been hamstrung with injuries... their doing okay. Well... losing to Indy was unjustified when you had so many opportunities, but enough about that.

I can understand the frustration though; our head coach doesn't instill much confidence for the fans to hang onto, that's for sure. I've little confidence in our OC either. So far, he seems like the classic example of someone who's determined to run his 'scheme' rather than adapt it to the talent on the roster. Example: running Yeldon up the middle, over and over, when it clearly isn't there.

And I'm sorry, but this is professional football and there isn't any 'mulligans' for kickers. Myers is costing us games we've could've won with a more confident kicker. This isn't the arena league.

So I think there's things to like about this team. This game Sunday against the bucs is one of the 'must wins' though. We won't likely get a better chance than against a team with a  first season rookie quarterback. If we lose this one, 6-10 is looking highly unlikely, and Gus Bradley probably needs to be shown the door.

here's some joy

[Image: Nurse_Joy_HD_2816.png]

Quote:here's some joy
[Image: Nurse_Joy_HD_2816.png]

I don't get it...