Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Boselli on 1010xl

Quote:What you are seeing is a direct result of Gus's flawed philosophy of "creating a stress free , comfortable environment" for multi-million dollar athletes. When Jimmy Johnson gutted and rebuilt the Cowboys do you think the environment was comfortable? Or Bill Parcells with the Giants, Patriots and Jets? When Coughlin was tasked with building an expansion team from scratch was he not (and still) a taskmaster? Gus's approach to coaching is soft and his team is a reflection of that.
Uh...Gus talks all the time about stressing the players within the confines of the game. He just doesn't want them to stress about outside factors that they have no control over.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2015, 12:50 PM by MinistryMan2007.)

Quote:Not our fault that Gus's mouth is writing checks that his team can't cash.
I cringed when Gus said that "we're built." In that moment, he single handedly raised expectations passed where he wanted to go. Our roster is much better, and it certainly is competitive. But, as we've seen through injuries, it lacks depth. Armbrister is no Poz. Cann is no Linder. Young is no Parnell. McCray is no Colvin or House. They can all get there, but they need room to grow, a luxury we can't give them because of injuries. They need to grow up quickly, but some of y'all don't want to give them that opportunity.

Gus needs to grow up, too. He's a great motivator, but he's an average head coach right now. He needs to improve in-game management and certainly half time adjustments. He getting out-coached in the 2nd half. Just like everyone else, if he doesn't improve, then let's find somebody who will. But, let's let the season play out before we all become Dolphins fans.

Quote:Anyone listening to him right now? I love Tony but you'd think we were 4-0 right now. "Every other game is a coin-flip game"? Come on Tony really, The Atlanta Falcons are a Coin-flip game? If the Jags are better why did we lose to the Clots? Tony "Sunshine Boselli" at it again
This is the most [BLEEP] moronic thing I've heard from him. Even on paper, those aren't all coin flips. Then you consider that we've averaged 15.5 ppg each of the last 3 seasons. How many games are you gonna win with that? Perhaps he should consult tony khan on the math there.

And, on top of that, people still aren't getting just how bad this team is. We just lost to a 40 year old who hasn't played in 3 years, quarterbacking a bad, bad football team.

The rest of the schedule isn't particularly tough, but it is when you're one of the worst

Quote:They are team employees. Team employees! What do you expect them to say? Do you go around your job criticizing your company and your boss every chance you get?
My big issue with team employees being company men is that when it goes wrong, nobody has credibility. Those guys were actually pimping Blaine Gabbert for 3 years, and riding Gene Smith's dick. Even Prisco rode that train waaaaaaaaay too long.

I don't think Prisco is gonna fall into that trap again, but those other guys.... man. They spew this PR [BLEEP], and then tell you you don't know what you're talking about just because you didn't play the game professionally.  YOU CANT TELL PEOPLE YOU KNOW BETTER THAN THEM WHEN YOU WERE PIMPING BLAINE GABBERT AND THE PREVIOUS REGIME.

You gotta remain somewhat objective. I think Oehser, while still a homer to an extent, probably does a better job of this than the rest. He implies criticism without actually saying it.

These company guys were pimping Gabbert? Feel free to link examples.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:These company guys were pimping Gabbert? Feel free to link examples.
Did you never listen to Jaguars this week or Jaguars Thursday?  

Please, someone, back me up on this?

Quote:And how exactly am I supposed to construe these words?

"Bradley said as much during the team’s annual kickoff luncheon earlier this month, when he said he told his players during a meeting just before training camp that the objective was to build a team that owns the AFC South.

"It’s built, and it’s time, and our players need to have that mentality," he said."

We lost to a divisional opponent playing their 40 year old back-up. It's clear to me that either the team isn't "built" or the players don't have the right mentality. Which is it?

Did you read the quote above or just stop at owning the division to suit your agenda? No need to answer. It's obvious.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Wait, how is "dick" not in the filter?

Quote:Please, someone, back me up on this?

You're the one making the assertion. Fight your own battle here. Provide links.

Quote:You're the one making the assertion. Fight your own battle here. Provide links.
How am I supposed to find links to radio shows that don't exist anymore? They totally changed the radio stuff up 1010xl took over.

Most, if not all, of the media folks that are either jaguars.com or on the jags payroll tow the company line (i.e. all is well and on track) for the most part right up until a coach is fired or player is cut.  You can go back on jaguars.com and look at the stories while Mularkey was coach and they are very similar (i.e. young roster, missed opportunities, just need another play here or there).

Quote:How am I supposed to find links to radio shows that don't exist anymore? They totally changed the radio stuff up 1010xl took over.

The shows are archived. Show me where they defended Gabbert. I'll wait.

Quote:Anyone listening to him right now? I love Tony but you'd think we were 4-0 right now. "Every other game is a coin-flip game"? Come on Tony really, The Atlanta Falcons are a Coin-flip game? If the Jags are better why did we lose to the Clots? Tony "Sunshine Boselli" at it again

He's nauseating to listen too.

This will have to do for now http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...4b822e9198

I vividly remember the radio crew defending Gabbert and Genius Gene to the bitter end. Brian Sexton was particularly bad.

Quote:I vividly remember the radio crew defending Gabbert and Genius Gene to the bitter end. Brian Sexton was particularly bad.

Sexton? People were complaining on this board when he was negative about Gabbert's lousy play during games. It's amazing how those vivid memories tend to rewrite history.

Quote:I vividly remember the radio crew defending Gabbert and Genius Gene to the bitter end. Brian Sexton was particularly bad.
They did. They are all yes men

Jaguars Braves Hawks Gators

Quote:They did. They are all yes men

Funny stuff.

The definition of yes men in your world is someone who doesn't have knee jerk reactions demanding heads roll following a loss.

Quote:

What you are seeing is a direct result of Gus's flawed philosophy of "creating a stress free , comfortable environment" for multi-million dollar athletes.
When Jimmy Johnson gutted and rebuilt the Cowboys do you think the environment was comfortable? Or Bill Parcells with the Giants, Patriots and Jets? When Coughlin was tasked with building an expansion team from scratch was he not (and still) a taskmaster? Gus's approach to coaching is soft and his team is a reflection of that.

Ummm they've been doing the exact opposite in practices. That's something Gus has mentioned multiple times in weekly press conferences.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."