Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Team not as bad as you think

Quote:While true, isn't Carolina still undefeated? I think some of that, at least, can be attributed to that "winning culture" thing he's referenced. Say what you will about the Panthers, and yes, their games are ugly as sin...but they keep winning. In essence, they are the proverbial "other side of the coin" you really stop an think about it. They keep finding ways to win...we keep finding ways to lose.

<Grammar edit>
Yea. They're undefeated but there are a lot of teams who have worse records but I think are better than them.

The combined record of the teams they have faced is 4-12 I believe.

I agree there is a winning culture in some places but the Raiders have 2 wins.... I wouldn't say they have a winning culture in place.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Keeping the record in context, we've faced the following in the 1st 4 games:

-The Defending Super Bowl Champ

-3 Defending Division Champs

The losses come from teams with a winning culture.  Regretfully, The Jags haven't had that in a very long time.

On the bright side, we're pretty competitive when considering the following:

Missing or recent injuries to a slew of starters - Joeckel, Marks, Thomas, Cyprien, Linder, Poz, Lee, Brown

Injuries causing Key Contributors to miss time: DRob, Greene, Gratz, Branch

You drop these conditions on most any team there will be struggles. This team isn't as bad as you think.

Pretty much all these same arguments would work for the season under Mularkey as well.

Quote:Pretty much all these same arguments would work for the season under Mularkey as well.

K

I like our chances....The Panthers and Colts games were completely winnable and outside of the Pats debacle, this team is right there which is a far cry from previous years. With that being said, I know 1-3 is not expectable. Right now do to injury, the Jags just don't have enough in the passing game to hang there hats on. If you think about it, when defenses try to take away Allen Robinson, outside of Hearns the passing game isn't adequate. Thank God TJ Yeldon and the running game is solid or else we wouldn't be in games at all. Back to the point. Without Lee, Thomas, and Green especially Thomas, Blake just doesn't have enough playmakers. Simple as that! 

Further, once Julius Thomas gets into the mix, I believe we should see things free up significantly for the entire offense seeing a definite improvement in sustaining drives and finishing in the red zone. If Thomas was Manning's security blanket, he should do wonders for Blake. I can only imagine how the playbook explodes when this guy finally takes the field. It's tough to win in the NFL without a solid go to guy on offense and the Jags just don't have that consistency at the moment. I'm not that concerned about Blake like most of you guys, the playbook is just too vanilla do to the lack of playmakers on offense. 

Anyways,  I like our chance going forward, and think we should take care of the Bucs on Sunday! Let's go! 2-3 this time next week! We are getting better and I like where we're headed but that's just me. Please feel free to comment because I think Julius Thomas will change the entire offense and not having him and the rest of the guys healthy is a killer!

~K-Dub

<FONT color=teal size=3><P align=center></FONT><P align=center><FONT size=3>NO WORRIES JAGS FAITHFUL, WE HAVE A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAMBig Grin</FONT>

Quote:I like our chances....The Panthers and Colts games were completely winnable and outside of the Pats debacle, this team is right there which is a far cry from previous years. With that being said, I know 1-3 is not expectable. Right now do to injury, the Jags just don't have enough in the passing game to hang there hats on. If you think about it, when defenses try to take away Allen Robinson, outside of Hearns the passing game isn't adequate. Thank God TJ Yeldon and the running game is solid or else we wouldn't be in games at all. Back to the point. Without Lee, Thomas, and Green especially Thomas, Blake just doesn't have enough playmakers. Simple as that! 

Further, once Julius Thomas gets into the mix, I believe we should see things free up significantly for the entire offense seeing a definite improvement in sustaining drives and finishing in the red zone. If Thomas was Manning's security blanket, he should do wonders for Blake. I can only imagine how the playbook explodes when this guy finally takes the field. It's tough to win in the NFL without a solid go to guy on offense and the Jags just don't have that consistency at the moment. I'm not that concerned about Blake like most of you guys, the playbook is just too vanilla do to the lack of playmakers on offense. 

Anyways,  I like our chance going forward, and think we should take care of the Bucs on Sunday! Let's go! 2-3 this time next week! We are getting better and I like where we're headed but that's just me. Please feel free to comment because I think Julius Thomas will change the entire offense and not having him and the rest of the guys healthy is a killer!

~K-Dub
i agree

[Image: giphy.gif]

I also agree.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Going 3-3 is all we can hope for at the moment. It'd be great to be 2-2 and possibly 4-2 if Meyers landed that kick, but oh well. I want to see a team fired up and ready to prove us all wrong. I want to see them come out in the 2nd half and play a FULL four quarters.

Quote:Going 3-3 is all we can hope for at the moment. It'd be great to be 2-2 and possibly 4-2 if Meyers landed that kick, but oh well. I want to see a team fired up and ready to prove us all wrong. I want to see them come out in the 2nd half and play a FULL four quarters.
agreed... the meyers kick hurt. but the reality is we did next to nothing most of the 2nd half and shouldn't have been in a position that left the game on our kicker. still he should have hit one lol. i watched the game with my dad before work and in the middle of my tantrum he reminded there was a time not so long ago where a man named blaine was our qb and 3 and out was basically all we had to look forward to every game. now we are complaining about missing game winners. rewind the clock a few years and we were talking about the possibility of being beaten by college teams, while longing for a day where the jags were at least competitive. 

Talent is getting there but the coaching leaves a lot to be desired. 

I don't get my hopes up anymore.  Still watch the games but expect to lose.  

Quote:I like our chances....The Panthers and Colts games were completely winnable and outside of the Pats debacle, this team is right there which is a far cry from previous years. With that being said, I know 1-3 is not expectable. Right now do to injury, the Jags just don't have enough in the passing game to hang there hats on. If you think about it, when defenses try to take away Allen Robinson, outside of Hearns the passing game isn't adequate. Thank God TJ Yeldon and the running game is solid or else we wouldn't be in games at all. Back to the point. Without Lee, Thomas, and Green especially Thomas, Blake just doesn't have enough playmakers. Simple as that! 

~K-Dub

What I hear when reading your comments is, I'm so used to watching the Jaguars be the absoulte worst team in the NFL so any signs of improvement in the third year of GM Dave Caldwell & HC Gus Bradley's career in Jacksonville shows success and that we should continue on the current course.

It's a good, strong even arguement but many fans are simply frustrated of failure.  That is why you see so many venting threads this season compared to previous years, because before there was no hope and we simply accepted it while this year we thought it would finally be different only to see them come so close yet still stink. 

I guess you could say its growing pains and we simply need to continue to root for our favorite team and thing will get better next year, but we've heard that for over a decade.

We want to see real improvement, and this week is Gus & the rest of the franchise's chance to say hang in there... they simply need to dominate the Bucs.  Not just win it, but take an early lead and show us that they can finish in the 2nd half.

GO JAGS!

Quote:Going 3-3 is all we can hope for at the moment. It'd be great to be 2-2 and possibly 4-2 if Meyers landed that kick, but oh well. I want to see a team fired up and ready to prove us all wrong. I want to see them come out in the 2nd half and play a FULL four quarters.

Like full consistency?
"Get Better Everyday"