Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marqise Lee out again

Quote:I have a feeling I know how this is gonna go, but would you take a 6th round pick for marqise lee?

I think I would, in a heartbeat
i swear some of you posters are the same person under a different name........

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2015, 02:04 PM by oface5446.)

Quote:If we had Cooper, we would of won that Carolina game.

If we had Fowler, we could have won that Carolina game.

Quote:Generally range of motion is shot, it can really affect your ability to get any sort of power out of it. It's pain management is of limited value in most cases.

Quote:I had a hamstring injury back in HS football and it lingered for seven weeks. It hurts to run, gets very tight and limits you from running at a playable speed. Can't make quick cuts or moves at all. You can get shots for the pain, but playing will only injure it more and set you back even longer.

Quote:No it's not a pain tolerance issue. There are hamstring strains which is less severe and more common. The main issue is that if you don't let it heal completely that the injury will come back and also could lead to a complete tear which is bad news and could require surgery. It's hard to even walk depending on the strain and usually just need time to rest.
Appreciate the feedback. My memory is fading but it just doesn't seem like back in the day we heard so much less of this injury. There was also high use of "Cocktails" for pain mgmt. Players were more pressured to utilize those as well I would imagine. Different game nowadays.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Dave over-assumed his ability to get guys in free agency, i.e, Cobb. Or we would have probably taken Cooper.

Quote:Appreciate the feedback. My memory is fading but it just doesn't seem like back in the day we heard so much less of this injury. There was also high use of "Cocktails" for pain mgmt. Players were more pressured to utilize those as well I would imagine. Different game nowadays.

Yeah I think nowadays with the increased use of team doctors that are mainly independent you see a lot less players that are injured playing and taking a bunch of pain killers and stuff. It's not worth ruining a players life down the road with all that medication just so they can play a game.

Quote:Dave over-assumed his ability to get guys in free agency, i.e, Cobb. Or we would have probably taken Cooper.
Except for the fact the free agency was before the draft so he already knew he didn't get them before we drafted.

I mean, lee could very well end his first two seasons playing fewer than 40% of the games.

Gus doesnt want to say it, but he came as close to calling out Marqise as ive seen.... "He isnt reliable" is phrasing he used to describe justin blackmon. He says "injuries are real, but...."

Makes you think that he complains about every little ache and pain. I'm over it.

Quote:Except for the fact the free agency was before the draft so he already knew he didn't get them before we drafted.

Touche'. That came off of my fingers completely different than I had it in my head, lol

Quote:I think that would be an awful trade considering lee's value will never be lower than it is now. Eventually he will finally be healthy enough to stay on the field and at that point we will actually be able to see his capabilities. It's not worth at all to give up on him this early for that late a pick considering he can be a good player and we could really use him. He's not costing us that much to just leave him on the bottom of the roster while he figures his issues out.

You're wrong. His shenanigans have also meant having to sign contingency players to the roster. That's how we lost Leroy Reynolds.

If we had Cooper, he'd have gotten injured in the pre-season, and we'd all be wishing we had someone else.  

Would be nice to have a great receiver here though.  Not sure we'll be getting one any time soon though.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:You're wrong. His shenanigans have also meant having to sign contingency players to the roster. That's how we lost Leroy Reynolds.

How is having a hamstring injury shenanigans? If he could play he would be out there.

Didn't Lee have a pretty bad injury in college? Do people think they will magically heal? That is a GM problem, not player problem.

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2015, 03:31 PM by Mowerguy.)

Quote:Hopefully Bryan Walters shines!
I was impressed with him preseason and the few times BB5 threw to him in the pats game he caught balls.
I can't believe all the players we have that are hurt.
Durable the Jags ain't.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

People act like caldwell really tried to get some of these receivers to sign here the last few offseasons. You're jacksonville, you're gonna have to way overpay for a cobb or a sanders. But when you have few options and the cap space to do it, you do it

Quote: 

dude's hamstring is made of Vienna sausage meat

I have no idea what that means, but it sure has made me hungry !!

Quote:People act like caldwell really tried to get some of these receivers to sign here the last few offseasons. You're jacksonville, you're gonna have to way overpay for a cobb or a sanders. But when you have few options and the cap space to do it, you do it
it was well reported these guys took less money to stay at their potential superbowl bound homes....

but continue beating the drum

Quote:it was well reported these guys took less money to stay at their potential superbowl bound homes....

but continue beating the drum

If you offer them 4 mil more than the other place, theyll have to reconsider. 1.5-2 mil is nothing

And sanders didnt return to his own team, he went to play 2nd fiddle to demaryius

Good lord. The kid played in 13 games last year and has missed 1.5, going on 2.5 games this year and we're talking about shipping him off for a 6th or cutting him... I'm glad a lot of you aren't GMs
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Good lord. The kid played in 13 games last year and has missed 1.5, going on 2.5 games this year and we're talking about shipping him off for a 6th or cutting him... I'm glad a lot of you aren't GMs
i mean he really hasnt been much of a contributor when he has played. Most overrated player on the team IMO. They talked him up like he'd instantly make our offense better when he finally plays. Just dont see it.