Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marqise Lee Now Questionable For Sunday

If he doesn't play oh well, I think he caught only a couple of passes in the win agianst Miami. It's the guys that have been out since trainning camp that are disappointing. The WR would get open more if they would run the route hard weather they are getting the ball or not. Yes Walters does seem to have good hands but my question is who is gonna help carry the rock so Blake doesn't have to worry about throwing as much as Brady. Remember keep the ball on the ground and Brady off the field. Blake needs to run some to help get the WR's open. The DB's will start to worry about it and play loose off the WR's. We have to play a perfect game to beat the Pats. Game 1= conservative, Game 2= to many penalties and poor 2nd half play, Game 3= ??? I hope the perfect game with a special team return, QB sack forced fumble, pick 6 etc...... Any Given Sunday.  J!!!! A!!!! G!!!!! S!!!!! JAGS JAGS JAGS!!!!!! 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I am not willing to say I believe they have given up the game.  However, I am saying the patern of injuries seems to imply they might have.  To ignore the possiblity that Gus is putting all his chips on divisional games is to completely ignore that he has to know his job is on the line this year.  1 win vrs the fins isn't going to change that.

Quote:I am not willing to say I believe they have given up the game. However, I am saying the patern of injuries seems to imply they might have. To ignore the possiblity that Gus is putting all his chips on divisional games is to completely ignore that he has to know his job is on the line this year. 1 win vrs the fins isn't going to change that.

I think there's something to be said for this. Remember, he went out of his way to say that "the goal is to win the afc south division".... Realistically that may only take around 8 wins or so. They could very well be picking and choosing their battles.

That's not suggesting that theyre necessarily tanking, it's that they're being realistic. Odds are we weren't gonna beat the pats, expectations from fans and everyone else are low with this game. Perfect week to rest up.

Quote:I think there's something to be said for this. Remember, he went out of his way to say that "the goal is to win the afc south division".... Realistically that may only take around 8 wins or so. They could very well be picking and choosing their battles.

That's not suggesting that theyre necessarily tanking, it's that they're being realistic. Odds are we weren't gonna beat the pats, expectations from fans and everyone else are low with this game. Perfect week to rest up.
So in other words we're treating this like our 5th preseason game? lol 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Every single player who is given the ok from the medical staff to play should play. No ifs ands or buts about it.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

These injuries are disgusting.  Every year I think, wow, next year, when all our injured players come back, we are going to be so much better.   And then, even more injuries.  

Our best defensive lineman.

Our best offensive lineman.

Our best tight end.

Our first round draft choice.

Our first round draft choice's backup.

Another starting offensive lineman. 

A starting WR. 

Backup running back. 

Boatloads of defensive backs. 

Have I left anyone out?   This is ridiculous.   It's only the third game of the year! 

Quote:Every single player who is given the ok from the medical staff to play should play. No ifs ands or buts about it.
This +1. They should play to win every week.

Quote:This +1. They should play to win every week.
The problem is - there are too many of them that just aren't healthy enough to play.  

Do you risk further injury to Joke's ankle trying to play this week - and possibly missing significantly more time?  Or do you let the ankle heal up so he's close to 100% against the Colts? 

I'm not suggesting "tanking" the 3rd game of the season, rather that there are many things the coaching and medical staff have to consider.  

Quote:These injuries are disgusting.  Every year I think, wow, next year, when all our injured players come back, we are going to be so much better.   And then, even more injuries.  

Our best defensive lineman.

Our best offensive lineman.

Our best tight end.

Our first round draft choice.

Our first round draft choice's backup.

Another starting offensive lineman. 

A starting WR. 

Backup running back. 

Boatloads of defensive backs. 

Have I left anyone out?   This is ridiculous.   It's only the third game of the year! 
It could still get worse - if Blake goes down, the season is over.  

But that is an awful lot of injuries this early in the season.  

I think i'll be the optimist here and say if we can be at .500 at the midway point we can get healthy and make a second half push .

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2015, 08:51 AM by Jags437.)

Quote:I think there's something to be said for this. Remember, he went out of his way to say that "the goal is to win the afc south division".... Realistically that may only take around 8 wins or so. They could very well be picking and choosing their battles.

This is literally the DUMBEST thing I have heard in a while. Tanking a game and focusing on division games. Really? I have no words for this.
One of these years.............

Dumb

;

;

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2015, 09:00 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

Gus Bradley isn't Gregg Popovich. He can't intentionally rest good players and get away with it.

Also, "Tanking" implies you are actually capable of winning the game(s) in question.

Quote:The problem is - there are too many of them that just aren't healthy enough to play.  

Do you risk further injury to Joke's ankle trying to play this week - and possibly missing significantly more time?  Or do you let the ankle heal up so he's close to 100% against the Colts? 

I'm not suggesting "tanking" the 3rd game of the season, rather that there are many things the coaching and medical staff have to consider.  

That's really not the question though.  You don't play a player if there is an increased possibility of significant injury.  You're either cleared to play medically or you're not.  If you're deemed ready, then you should play.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:The problem is - there are too many of them that just aren't healthy enough to play.

Do you risk further injury to Joke's ankle trying to play this week - and possibly missing significantly more time? Or do you let the ankle heal up so he's close to 100% against the Colts?

If the doctors give him an ok to play, meaning he can play without increasing risk for further injury, he should play. It's that simple.

There's no "waiting" for some better time. There's only 17 weeks out of the year where these guys need to be healthy. If they can go - they should go.

now, if it's some injury where the doctors says "look - he's probably ok to play on this today, but he will be out even longer after that.."

You only play guys like that if it's the playoffs or Super Bowl or whatever.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:That's really not the question though. You don't play a player if there is an increased possibility of significant injury. You're either cleared to play medically or you're not. If you're deemed ready, then you should play.
Pretty much this.

I say a guy like Lee should play any time he's ok to go.

I mean, he gets hurt during practice anyway so you have a better chance of him pulling a hammy during practice than during games.

I'm still just amazed that a professional athlete can't run more than a handful of routes at full speed without pulling something.

Must have injured his hamstring after sneezing. Happens to the best of us.

Didn't he say he felt great on Tuesday or something?  Could have sworn there was an interview with him after Sunday where he said there were no problems...

Dang, how do you get hurt in practice all the time???

Lee and Linder both available Smile

Quote:Lee and Linder both available Smile
Do you think Lee will have a big role?