Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rob Gronkowski...

How do you stop Gronk?  It's simple in theory, but difficult in reality.

1.  Pressure Brady.  Put him on his back and don't give him time to throw.

2.  On offense, long sustained drives that put points on the board (preferably 6 rather than 3).

3.  Refer to answer number 2.  Keep the ball out of the NE offense's hands, particularly Brady.  Give them less time to put points on the board.

4.  When all else fails, pray.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2015, 05:45 PM by David4499.)

I know how to stop the G train.

How about a spelling test.

[Image: 200.gif]

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:Gronk is apparently like Jesus so that will only give him more powers.
Now I got it!  We need to sign Tim Tebow to cover him.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Bring in the Terminator for this game, maybe he can stop Gronk.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Silver bullet... Wooden steak through the heart... Get Frodo to throw him into Mount Doom...
Wooden steak ... C'mon man!

Quote:This. He better cover him so well that he never catches a pass, because if Gronk does he will just toss Telvin aside.
Let me first say, Gronk is a great, great player.

But if he's dragging one of your linebackers into the endzone, then you probably don't have very good linebackers.

You gotta tackle the guy low, he's far too big to tackle at the shoulders and waist.

Teams play outside of their base package a lot against them (nickel, etc) because they have so many weapons. Belichick himself said that having Telvin on the field almost makes it like we're in nickel even in our base scheme (because he's so fast).

Telvin lets you achieve the increased coverage skill that comes from nickel, while losing very little in the way of size. Will be fascinating to watch.

To stop Gronk, Bradley would have to outcoach Belichek... and the players would have to execute on the field.

All I can say is slow him down. If Cyp is healthy, stick Cyp on him. As long as Cyp doesn't have to take an angle to tackle him, he should be ok
No commercial messages in sigs

Just some of my thoughts, I don't think you beat Brady like you beat Manning. That year when we nearly won against a behemoth Bronco's offense we pressured Manning every step of the way. I believe Brady can't be beat with "just a rush". He has to be beat with good coverage AND a rush that gets in his face every play. Every game I've watched of Bradys, He folds if he doesn't have a target in the first 4 seconds and theres an opposing jersey in his face. He isn't Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, Blake Bortles, or any other rushing QB.

TLDR: Your defense has to be nearly perfect to win against Brady. Its why he is the best QB of our generation. 

Can't wait to see whats next. 

Quote:To stop Gronk, Bradley would have to outcoach Belichek... and the players would have to execute on the field.

All I can say is slow him down. If Cyp is healthy, stick Cyp on him. As long as Cyp doesn't have to take an angle to tackle him, he should be ok
Thing is, we can talk about defense all we want, I think we're going to have to find a way to score 30 to have a chance. Even if we take away Gronk, that probably means a healthy does of Edelman and Dion Lewis. Offense can't afford to go flat in the second half again.

Quote:Just some of my thoughts, I don't think you beat Brady like you beat Manning. That year when we nearly won against a behemoth Bronco's offense we pressured Manning every step of the way. I believe Brady can't be beat with "just a rush". He has to be beat with good coverage AND a rush that gets in his face every play. Every game I've watched of Bradys, He folds if he doesn't have a target in the first 4 seconds and theres an opposing jersey in his face. He isn't Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, Blake Bortles, or any other rushing QB.

TLDR: Your defense has to be nearly perfect to win against Brady. Its why he is the best QB of our generation. 
MJD had a good comment on NFLN..... Not only do you have to rush brady, you have to play good man coverage, because he's just too damn good at finding the soft spot in zones. Same with playing against manning. If you play man and have a good enough pass rush, there's no reason why a defense shouldn't have at least mild success against them.

Problem is, New England almost always plays phenomenally along the offensive line. Generating a rush will likely prove difficult.

Quote:Thing is, we can talk about defense all we want, I think we're going to have to find a way to score 30 to have a chance. Even if we take away Gronk, that probably means a healthy does of Edelman and Dion Lewis. Offense can't afford to go flat in the second half again.
Yeah. It will take a lot of things going right for it to be close. Offense will need to play perfect, with an effective running game that allows us to consume time (like the old days when we had 18 play drives that ate a whole quarter).

And defensively, they'd have to constantly pester and hit Tom Brady. Get turnovers.
No commercial messages in sigs

If they use the blueprint they used vs Seattle, it'll be attack the middle of the field. Pox, Telvin, Cyp and Sergio better be sure tacklers to prevent any YAC...
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

I'm pretty sure you need a vat of molten liquid to bring him down though...

Quote:What about Dion Lewis?

Some stats about Lewis this season:

-in week 1 he forced 8 missed tackles on 19 carries, which was the best rate of any RB with significant carries

-through 2 weeks, he has 258 all purpose yards from scrimmage, which ranks in the top 5 in the entire league.

He's a more talented and productive version of Shane Vereen. He's definitely every bit of a matchup nightmare that Gronk is.

Also, Dobson had a very good game last week against what many consider a top 5 defense. He had 9 rec for 92 yards.

Amendola doesn't get used a lot but he's good for a few athletic catches in key situations like the one he made against Buffalo last week.

We'll live with that

Make him pay dearly on those 50/50 balls.

Hit him in the mouth and boot him out the club.

2 claps.

Let him get his yrds. Keep him out of the endzone

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2015, 09:47 PM by jaglyn.)

AIDS!!!

Seriously, lets keep this meathead out of the endzone

Jam him in hopes of throwing off their timing
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

A concotion of Rohypnol and Caitlyn Jenner ought to do it!
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.