Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
3-2 after Tampa?

I hope we put up a fight vs the Pats. However I dont believe we win, I would love it... but I doubt it.

However, I do believe Indy can be beat. My issue is I think they will come and play hard against us and find their stride, thats just our luck.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

1-4 after 5 games... Jags relied on a plethora of penalties to squeak out a win at home against the Dolphins.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:1-4 after 5 games... Jags relied on a plethora of penalties to squeak out a win at home against the Dolphins.
They didn't rely on penalties. They had quite a few on themselves too, in case you weren't watching.

What I saw was a team that moved the ball when they needed to, scored points early, played tight D late.

They corrected some errors....

That wins games dude.

And you're gonna chalk up the Tampa game as a loss? The team that struggled mightily against TN and beat up (by beat up I mean beat by 1 score and still let them have a chance at the end) an obviously bad Saints team?

I'm going to say 2-3 after 5.
Shock the world

Quote:1-4 after 5 games... Jags relied on a plethora of penalties to squeak out a win at home against the Dolphins.
Sig bet they don't start 1-4?

dolts looking a little 'down'? They started last season 0-2 also and then won the division... again. 3-2 by the end of game 5 is... possible, but I wouldn't care to bet on it until we see some positive consistency from this team. For all we know, last week was a fluke...

Nice try

;

;

Quote:dolts looking a little 'down'? They started last season 0-2 also and then won the division... again. 3-2 by the end of game 5 is... possible, but I wouldn't care to bet on it until we see some positive consistency from this team. For all we know, last week was a fluke...

Big difference between how they started last year and this year. You have to go beyond the record.

;

;

Quote:People forget that the Colts have gone up against Buffalo and Jets defense.....

They'll get tacks this weekend, and I expect Luck to blow up and we'll be talking Monday again of how we're going to stop Luck after we got gashed by Brady and the Pats

Not one team in NFL history has gone to the playoffs both times after starting 0-2. Possible, sure, but they would have to make NFL history to do it.

Rely? Yeesh. They beat the dolphins. A team most think will make the playoffs. Anyways one game at a time.

Quote:dolts looking a little 'down'? They started last season 0-2 also and then won the division... again. 3-2 by the end of game 5 is... possible, but I wouldn't care to bet on it until we see some positive consistency from this team. For all we know, last week was a fluke...
Sure....

last week could have been a fluke.

But can the same be said about a clots team that looked the same in week 1 and 2?

Last season they still won the division because of how awful the rest of the division was.

tacks have a upcoming star QB

Jags are better..

I'm not saying after 2 weeks we are going to steal the division away... I'm just saying after 2 weeks it isn't a clear slam dunk (that they win it) many thought it would be.

Quote:tell it money, I only got 4 picks outta 16 last week

theres a changing of the guard here I tellya
You weren't alone.  Last week was an absolute bloodbath.

Regarding the Jags being 3-2 leaving Tampa, it's interesting to see fans starting to show a little bit of confidence in the process.  A week ago we were destined for 0-5.  While it's early, we are starting to see the process beginning to take hold, and as a result, we've capable depth.  This team is banged up, but we've been able to manage with the injuries and to actually improve from one week to the next.  There's a huge challenge in New England this weekend, and I think most people are expecting to leave there 1-2.  Hopefully if that happens, we don't lose that optimism because this team is definitely getting better.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:You weren't alone. Last week was an absolute bloodbath.

May be the worst week I ever had at picking games. Not only did I just get six right, but my 12-16 'confidence point' teams all lost.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:May be the worst week I ever had at picking games. Not only did I just get six right, but my 12-16 'confidence point' teams all lost.
Saints, Ravens, Dolphins, Colts, Washington were all "Gimmie" games where people lost.

Not to mention the amount of toss up games. Last week was rough

Thankfully I had the Steelers in my suicide pool. Nearly picked the Saints.

;

;

Quote:Indy has faced two really tough defenses on its losses please dont get ur hopes up

I kind of am tho. The Colts just seem ripe for the taking, and the Jaguars should have Julius back and possibly Sen'Derrick as well. I can totally see the Jaguars at 3-2 with wins over the Dolphins, Colts and Bucs.

This weeks Colts at Titans game should be interesting. Now I expect the Colts to pull out a win in Tennessee, but there are many Mariota fans in the state insisting that won't happen. What I find so interesting is that if the Titans and Jaguars both come away victorious, the Colts will have behind their season 0-4. Oh the irony if that happen.

'02

Quote:I am sure Colts and Bucs fans have the game against circled as a likely win

So did the Dolphins.

'02

Quote:Sure.

If this team plays to its full potential I could see 4-3 at the bye.

Losses to the Pats and Bills.

This schedule doesn't look as tough as it used to.

Not because our team looks so much better but just because we can see every other teams issues.

We were all chalking up the clots as 0-2, 1-1 at best.

probably splitting with the tinhorns and/or tacks.

What if we split all 3 series. (or sweep the tinhorns/tacks)

The Raiders beat the Ravens, why not us.

The Saints don't look so hot right now, and while they might have their ship righted by the end of the sched.... we could be just as improved as well.

I'm not getting my hopes up... but I said before the preseason started 8 wins was not too much for this fanbase to EXPECT from our year 3 rebuild team.

7 more to go...

3 afcs (maybe more)

ravens

tampa

chargers

saints

?

The Ravens have a top notch offense, but apparently their renown defense is long gone. The Jaguars would probably have to win a shoot-out like the Raiders did to take them.

At any rate, the Chargers still appear to be a top ten team. They played admirably against the Bengals who are looking invincible, and they came back with 30 unanswered points to knock off the Lions week one. I have a hard time circling that game as a potential W.

'02

Quote:3-2? This is assuming we lose to someone. I want 4-1 baby! In all reality I think its very likely we are 3-2 and 1st place in the AFC South. I think the Colts aren't that good, but not nearly as bad as they seem, this division is wide open this year. 

If we do go 3-2 I'll actually start to believe in Gus saying we're going to own the AFC South.

'02

Quote:tell it money, I only got 4 picks outta 16 last week

theres a changing of the guard here I tellya

LOL...that's pretty bad but I'm not that far ahead of you. This is my worst year ever picking games.

'02