Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What are Patriots fans saying about us?

Quote:Your rings?
lol it sounded wrong saying "their rings" lol... besides I was goofing back.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Patriots will always be cheaters to me. Sorry Pats fans. Doesn't mean I believe Belicheck is a helluva coach and Brady/Gronk are fantastic football players because they are.

Still cheaters in every other fanbase eyes.
With Spygate, I take my lumps it was stupid and they did it. Deflategate not so much, esp since NO ONE knows what they dang PSI were/are before then, because NO ONE TRULY CARED! lol All started by whining crybaby teams (I am sooo looking forward to seeing Brady and Co take on the Colts this year!)

Regardless of what some fans may be saying, Belichick is not going to be taking the team lightly. 

<div> 

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/MarkDanielsPJ'>Mark Daniels @MarkDanielsPJ</a>   Belichick: Competitively, we have to get more at it today than our opponents do
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/NEPD_Loyko'>Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko</a>

<p class="">Belichick sure isn't taking Jacksonville lightly.. this press conference gives a pretty good window into BB's weekly preparation.

<p class=""> 

<p class=""> 

</div>

Quote:With Spygate, I take my lumps it was stupid and they did it. Deflategate not so much, esp since NO ONE knows what they dang PSI were/are before then, because NO ONE TRULY CARED! lol All started by whining crybaby teams (I am sooo looking forward to seeing Brady and Co take on the Colts this year!)

I was hoping for Brady to be suspended so that his first game back was AT Colts. That would have been a great game to watch.

If I were a Pats fan, I would be defending my team also, but it's impossible to change the minds of soooo many people. They will always be cheaters to a lot of eyes.
Shock the world

Belichick also said he isn't happy with the performance against Buffalo. Said they were too inconsistent and they have to get a lot better.

Quote:Regardless of what some fans may be saying, Belichick is not going to be taking the team lightly.

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/MarkDanielsPJ'><span style="background-color:transparent;">Mark Daniels

<span style="background-color:transparent;">
<span style="color:rgb(105,120,130);"><span style="background-color:transparent;">@MarkDanielsPJ</span></a> Belichick: Competitively, we have to get more at it today than our opponents do
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/NEPD_Loyko'>Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko</a>

Belichick sure isn't taking Jacksonville lightly.. this press conference gives a pretty good window into BB's weekly preparation.

</span></span></span>

BB is too smart to take a team lightly that just beat a team in their division. I expect the Pats to come out with a great game plan and stomp all over Jacksonville early.

Only way Jags stay in it is to force a couple turnovers and have long drives that end in TDs. Even if the Jags are up late, I see Brady leading the charge to victory.
Shock the world

Quote:I was hoping for Brady to be suspended so that his first game back was AT Colts. That would have been a great game to watch.

If I were a Pats fan, I would be defending my team also, but it's impossible to change the minds of soooo many people. They will always be cheaters to a lot of eyes.
For ME, what makes ME defensive about deflategate was ALL the misinformation that went out from ESPN that was NEVER corrected (like the balls being 2  PSI lower than they were supose to be which was flat out wrong but never corrected by ESPN or the NFL.. that just smelled like a frame job to me from then on.)

oH CAN i SAY i HATE ESPN

Quote:Belichick also said he isn't happy with the performance against Buffalo. Said they were too inconsistent and they have to get a lot better.

They do. Taylor threw 3 ints and they still were in it late. Bortles > Taylor.

That defense needs work if they want to win another SB.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2015, 11:58 AM by PatsFanNH.)

Quote:They do. Taylor threw 3 ints and they still were in it late. Bortles > Taylor.

Again look at the Game, I think BB more angry at the coaching CHANGING the game plan in the 4th quarter on D. that and going for it on 4th down and dont make it at like the 50. and passing it still , up 18 , and getting strip sacked... ALL stupid mistakes that I hope they dont ever make again.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2015, 12:01 PM by BrownianMotion.)

Quote:They do. Taylor threw 3 ints and they still were in it late. Bortles > Taylor.

He emphasized the inconsistency in coaching, especially in the 4th quarter. There were some pretty bad play calls that you don't usually see out of NE. Going for it on 4th down near midfield. Passing it routinely with a huge lead in the 4th, etc. 

That game only ended up being close due to those play calls. Buffalo would have had no more than 13-19 points had it not been for those coaching errors.

But overall, I agree. There's a long way to go and there are areas of improvement (for every team.)

Quote:He emphasized the inconsistency in coaching, especially in the 4th quarter. There were some pretty bad play calls that you don't usually see out of NE. Going for it on 4th down near midfield. Passing it routinely with a huge lead in the 4th, etc. 

That game only ended up being close due to those play calls. Buffalo would have had no more than 13-19 points had it not been for those coaching errors.

But overall, I agree. There's a long way to go and there are areas of improvement (for every team.)
The D is def the Pats weak spot. The secondary especially when in the Nickle coverage. (Fletcher absolutly STINKS!!!!) the Pats front 7 are very very good but if Bortles can get time he should be able to find a receiver open. The Key is getting time.

Quote:For ME, what makes ME defensive about deflategate was ALL the misinformation that went out from ESPN that was NEVER corrected (like the balls being 2  PSI lower than they were supose to be which was flat out wrong but never corrected by ESPN or the NFL.. that just smelled like a frame job to me from then on.)

oH CAN i SAY i HATE ESPN
Despite the misinformation, the deflator, destroying cell phones, not letting him talk to the NFL after they talked to Brady....too many questions unanswered and too much shadiness in the past to give your team a pass.

We need to sit on all the short passes

Quote:The D is def the Pats weak spot. The secondary especially when in the Nickle coverage. (Fletcher absolutly STINKS!!!!) the Pats front 7 are very very good but if Bortles can get time he should be able to find a receiver open. The Key is getting time.

Our OL looks much improved so that should be an interesting match up to watch. I think I'd say Miami has the better DL, at least on paper, and they had no sacks.

Your DL vs our OL will be the deciding factor if our offense can keep pace.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Patriots will always be cheaters to me. Sorry Pats fans. Doesn't mean I believe Belicheck is a helluva coach and Brady/Gronk are fantastic football players because they are.

Still cheaters in every other fanbase eyes.
And in their own eyes when they look in a mirror. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2015, 12:13 PM by BrownianMotion.)

Quote:The D is def the Pats weak spot. The secondary especially when in the Nickle coverage. (Fletcher absolutly STINKS!!!!) the Pats front 7 are very very good but if Bortles can get time he should be able to find a receiver open. The Key is getting time.
Of course. But holding the Steelers to 21 points (14 actual points, with 7 coming with only a few seconds left in the game) and playing well for the vast majority of the Buffalo game are good signs. Steelers put up 43 points last week.

Still a long way to go, but they are always firing on all cylinders by November/December. I would expect another top 10 PPG allowed ranking; or top 15 at the very worst. They've never finished worse than 15th in the Belichick era - even in 2011 when they were ranked 31st in terms of yards.

Quote:Despite the misinformation, the deflator, destroying cell phones, not letting him talk to the NFL after they talked to Brady....too many questions unanswered and too much shadiness in the past to give your team a pass.

ahh the cellphone,ANOTHER piece of misinformation, he didnt destroy it but rather swapped it out AND gave the NFL all his texts (Thus how that PVT email "leaked" out on how he said Manning had only 2 years left.)

Would you agree to see someone for a FIFTH time over the same issue when it was only your part time job and you made minimum wage when you worked it? I know I wouldn't. I tell them to talk to my attorney and thats that. 9It came out that the employees refused, and the Pats were not going to force them to do it amazing how that never came out in the press outside of NE lol)

the ONLY evidence (and weak at that) was the deflator text, which was sent during an AWAY game.Where he was not even in the same STATE as the patriots.  Also those texts should have been irrelivant (and inadmissable) as the Wells teams ONLY job was to look into ball tampering from the championship game, NOTHING else.

But you know what, this deflate stuff just gave the Pats a chip on their shoulder like spygate so.... in the end it could be a boon for them.

Quote:Our OL looks much improved so that should be an interesting match up to watch. I think I'd say Miami has the better DL, at least on paper, and they had no sacks.

I agree, on Paper Miami is better but either A. they are not as good as they should be (on paper) because they have gotten little pressure in their first two games (You and Washington) or B. you and Washingtons O line vastly improved... I am going with C. a little of both.

Pats front 7 I like and with BB I expect Bortles to be pressurd and forced beat them with his arm and not his legs.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2015, 12:23 PM by BrownianMotion.)

Quote:Our OL looks much improved so that should be an interesting match up to watch. I think I'd say Miami has the better DL, at least on paper, and they had no sacks.

Chandler Jones is off to a great start. I've been kind of disappointed with him since entering the league, only because I was expecting so much more. This year however, he is showing flashes of what we all thought he could become. Ninkovich is good for a few sacks per year, and Jabaal Sheard has been a very good addition to our DL. Also keep in mind that Hightower and Collins can be pretty dangerous and get a ton of pressure when sent on A and B gap blitzes. 

I definitely don't expect 8 sacks like last week. Not just because of your Oline, but Bortles is much better than Taylor. 

But this matchup should definitely be interesting. 

I suspect we will see a lot of Hightower and Collins blitzing + having the DEs contain the edges to keep Bortles contained and to force him to make quick decisions in the pocket. 

Quote: 

As for cheating, i'll take the spygate jokes, there was evidence there to back it up. As for deflategate that was bogus and the NFL knew it, can't even prove anything happened in the AFCCG game but lets dole out punishment because we think they must have cheated (eye roll) lol

Innocent people tend not to destroy their cell phones (see former patriots* convicted murderer Aaron Hernandez for a prime example of what guilty people do with their cell phones). Yes, the NFL didn't have the proof to punish the patriots* as harshly as they did. However, anyone who honestly believes Tom Brady had nothing to do with the whole thing is quite naive. Furthermore, after looking at the patriots* overall track record, I can see why the NFL thought you guys deserved an extremely harsh penalty, regardless of how concrete the proof is/was. They cheated before, how could the league possibly give you guys the benefit of the doubt this time?

Goodell screwed the pooch because he has to be the smartest and most powerful guy in the room all the time. That doesn't mean Tom Brady did nothing wrong. Unless you're a patriots* fan, that is.