Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
things to beat the patriots next Sunday..

Quote:Quite possibly true, but I don't think the pats really care enough about the Jags to try to humiliate us. No, they won't mind if we play a good game at all as long as they get the W, and the odds are high that they will.

... I just made myself sad.

The Patriots play every team with the express intent to run up the score and humiliate them and they're simply too well coached and prepared at the top to fall for the trap game slump. I expect them to come out and attempt to drop 60+ on us because that's the "Patriot Way." It'll be interesting to see how our boys respond.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You basically cant cover Gronk, but you cant let him have uncontested catches.

NO DROPS

Assign someone to cover Edelman and try and take him out the game.

NO DROPS

Need to get pressure on Brady. If he has time, it will get messy.

NO DROPS

Cannot turn the ball over

NO DROPS

Must give Bortles time

NO DROPS

Lots of runs to run the clock down.

NO DROPS

Cut down on the stupid penalties

NO DROPS

Make second half adjustments as Belichick is the master at doing it

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2015, 11:57 AM by BassX97.)

The only way we beat the patriots is if atleast 3 of the following 5 things happen:

- Brady gets injured in the 1st Q. If later, Damage will have already been done.

- Thomas comes back

- Bortles somehow channels his inner QB god and throws for 3-4 TDs

- Jags score 40 points

- Defense gets 2 pick sixes

They should focus on playing their hearts out. I don't require a win from the Jags next week. I require seeing heart, and not giving up against superior men. 

Can't wait to see whats next. 

If I were a player or coach I would definitely approach it in a leave it all on the field mentality. I would go into the game wanting to show the world that we're at the door ready to kick it in. One of those, you might beat us, but on this day, you'll know we've been there. 

The Jaguars have done a good job of stopping the run so I expect the Pats to go with a pass heavy gameplan similar to how they played against Buffalo, it's a short passing attack that is darn near unstoppable. The Patriots are going to move the ball so the key is to hold the to field goals instead of touchdowns.

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2015, 04:27 PM by Chuckd.)

I love how everyone says run the ball all game. We haven't done that in two games and after two run calls, you'll all be saying the play calling sucked.

Only way to beat them is a couple turnovers, jam guys at the line, and erase any existance of a pocket for him....And score more points than they do.
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Realistically we cant stop the Brady and Gronk combo. What we can do is make gronk work for each catch and chop his legs as soon as he catches it.

One thing that amazes me about the NFL compared to my sport (rugby) is tackling technique.Small DBs trying to tackle monsters like Gronk up high at their chest is never going to work well for them.Face to lace all day babbbby.

Any given Sunday..

Except this Sunday..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I see Blake going over the 300 yard mark against the Pats.  

Sacrifice something of real value to a certain red, horned, pitchfork carrying figure who resides in a very very hot place.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Run the ball 99% of the time and just kill the clock. Say a few prayers.

I'm assuming you are half joking, but the secondary for the pats isn't that good. ARob can have another big day. If we can have better success on the ground and use play action, we can score some points. Also good to see Lee escape the game without injury. We have a chance. I just think we should play balls to the wall and be aggressive. Also, we need to have two separate game plans on offense for 1st and 2nd half. So whatever pats adjust to at halftime will be pointless.

Quote:Any given Sunday..

Except this Sunday..

Lol.

Quote:I'm assuming you are half joking, but the secondary for the pats isn't that good. ARob can have another big day. If we can have better success on the ground and use play action, we can score some points. Also good to see Lee escape the game without injury. We have a chance. I just think we should play balls to the wall and be aggressive. Also, we need to have two separate game plans on offense for 1st and 2nd half. So whatever pats adjust to at halftime will be pointless.

Even if their secondary isn't that good, our receivers or passing game is not a proven threat (yet). We can't risk throwing too much and leaving a lot of time on the field for Tom Brady to pick us apart. The running game will have to win this one. If we get into a shootout with the Patriots it is already over.

Tonya Harding.
Only a chump boos the home team!

It'll take three things:

Jags rush for 200+

Jags d pressures Brady into multiple turnovers

Jags secondary massively over achieves

-----------------

The more likely reality is Brady picks apart a young and banged up secondary of back ups for another gaudy number of passing yards

All I ask is they keep the score respectable. A nice healthy grass-stained sack on Brady thrown in for good measure would be nice too.

It will be difficult to get pressure on Brady because he gets t he ball out so fast. He was cutting up the bills with quick short passes making it difficult to pressure him. Then he comes back and burns you long. We need to jam the receivers at the line of scrimmage giving the D line time to get some pressure on Brady and defensive players have to get hands up and try to block passes when they can not get to Brady. We need to slow down Gronk and Edelman in the passing game. We won't be able to stop them but at least slow them down. On offense we need to establish the run and control the clock, keeping Brady off the field. Combine that with a couple of turnovers and the Jags are in the game.

Patriots fan here. No troll and no disrespect given.

I like to come to the opposing team's forum each week and see how the other half view the game. I do think the Patriots will win, but I am worried about that secondary giving up the big play. Also, Brady is on a mission, and I'm worried he may get too carried away, like he did with Buffalo, and go far the big play too often. Patriots left a couple TDs at least on the board, and certainly got out of their gameplan late to let Buffalo score in the 4th.

At this point in the season, there is no team I'm aware of that can stop the Patriots' offense. As long as Brady, Gronk, Lewis, and Edelman stay healthy, and if Chandler can get his hands 1/2 as good as Gronk, I just don't see that offense missing a beat, unless they beat themselves.

Having said that, every team is going to want to go out there and be the first to beat them, so they always have that to worry about. But I'd be lying if I said it will be an almost unsurmountable task for Jaguars to go into Foxboro and come out with the W.

But I do wish you guys luck. Any true fan of any team gets my respect and although I want to beat you on Sunday, if you win, I'd be the first to come back and say good game.

I know I may hear about "cheaters" and PSI and such... but I'll roll with the punches. My only pre-comment on that would be to look at the numbers for the last three games Brady has played with regulation footballs. Insane. They are off to a faster start than the 2007 16-0 team. But this isn't the AFC East, so I probably won't have to worry about that too much here... I'm hoping Smile

Quote:You basically cant cover Gronk, but you cant let him have uncontested catches.

NO DROPS

Assign someone to cover Edelman and try and take him out the game.

NO DROPS

Need to get pressure on Brady. If he has time, it will get messy.

NO DROPS

Cannot turn the ball over

NO DROPS

Must give Bortles time

NO DROPS

Lots of runs to run the clock down.

NO DROPS

Cut down on the stupid penalties

NO DROPS

Make second half adjustments as Belichick is the master at doing it
I didn't catch that, did you say something about drops?
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Whatever.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]