Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
It's funny how fickle we've all become in just a week.

Quote:The funny part to me was almost everyone on this message board was saying that we have our franchise QB and all that right before the game, then after one game everyone jumped ship. If you actually believed he was then you wouldnt change your mind from one game.

Amen

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't think it's so much being fickle. I think it can be better described as optimism exposed. You know that phrase that says insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results? We are doing the same thing over and over here, but expecting different results. The fact is, the results are the same. I think we tried to remain optimistic, and hope things would change and be better. It takes more than one game to be this depressed. This is the same product we have seen for years. If we bounce back and win this week, I obviously would be happy. But I would trust this team less than a spouse who's been cheated on.

Quote:I think you miss the point of the angst.  Had we scored 30 points and lost the fan base would have been disappointed but we would have moved on to this week.  What we saw on Sunday was exactly what we have been seeing for years.  Run up the middle, run off tackle, throw a short pass, punt.  As for perspective and patience I think this fan base has displayed an abundance of both and collectively we are tired of it.
If we scored 30 points and lost, the sentiment would have been the same only directed towards the defense and our defensive minded coach not being able to win a game where we score 30 points.

Losses in the NFL are based on mistakes and missed opportunities. There are no such thing as acceptable losses for a team that has such a tough time winning.

Acceptable tough losses are for teams that have shown they can bounce back and overcome losses. Losing for us is a chronic condition and just another indication that we still have a problem.

Quote:If we scored 30 points and lost, the sentiment would have been the same only directed towards the defense and our defensive minded coach not being able to win a game where we score 30 points.

Losses in the NFL are based on mistakes and missed opportunities. There are no such thing as acceptable losses for a team that has such a tough time winning.

Acceptable tough losses are for teams that have shown they can bounce back and overcome losses. Losing for us is a chronic condition and just another indication that we still have a problem.
I don't think so.  The fan base knows this is not our year.  This is supposed to be the year of improvement with next year being the big leap.  What we saw on the field this past Sunday was not improvement.  I for one am tired of seeing bubble screens, quick outs and an opposing defense that is playing on the balls of their feet because they do not respect a deep threat.  

I have stood by this franchise since day one but my eternal optimism has worn thin.  I want to see some improvement in the play on the field and did not see it against Carolina.  Hopefully it will be there against Miami this Sunday.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:I don't think so.  The fan base knows this is not our year.  This is supposed to be the year of improvement with next year being the big leap.  What we saw on the field this past Sunday was not improvement.  I for one am tired of seeing bubble screens, quick outs and an opposing defense that is playing on the balls of their feet because they do not respect a deep threat.  

I have stood by this franchise since day one but my eternal optimism has worn thin.  I want to see some improvement in the play on the field and did not see it against Carolina.  Hopefully it will be there against Miami this Sunday.
Loosing a game where you score 30 points isn't improvement unless you consider your defense falling flat on it's face an improvement.

People keep talking about satisfactory losses as if they actually exist. That's a myth. Close losses are just considered another sign of ineptitude because now you can't even win games that were at hand. This is the NFL not college. There are no moral victories for hanging in there like Jacksonville St did against Auburn.

There are no style points in the NFL. There are no pollsters to impress. One of the common traits that separate the good NFL teams from the bad is the ability to win ugly.

Pretty losses aren't going to cut it. The only redeeming factor for the current regime is to start winning games no matter how ugly they may look.

This regime needs to start figuring out how to win this year or they may not be around next year.

I am watching the Broncos vs Chiefs game and I noticed how Peyton failed on his first drive, threw an INT (mainly because he is listening to the coaches instead of doing what has made him successful his whole career, and then he convinced them to let him try it his way and boom success in the game), but the point is when he was playing really bad I bet Bronco fans didn't flip out on their message board, FB, etc.

You have to support your team in good times, and in bad.

That being said if Blake Bortles hadn't played so bad in the 2nd half of the game many of fans would be talking about how great OC Olson called the game instead of how bad.  I think that is why Blake came to his defense by making fun of the fans, which was an idiotic thing to do.  He should have simply said it was all his fault (Being Blakes, even if he truly felt it hadnt hes the leader of the team), instead of blaming the people that pay him thru ticket sales, merchandise, etc.

Quote:But! But! But!

Thats just you. Some fans are born fickle.

If you aren't fickle, you aren't trying.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

I don't blame the fans for their impatience. We saw the same things in the Carolina game that we have been seeing for years. Very frustrating. I still believe we have a lot of young talent, and I really hope they start showing out.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:I am watching the Broncos vs Chiefs game and I noticed how Peyton failed on his first drive, threw an INT (mainly because he is listening to the coaches instead of doing what has made him successful his whole career, and then he convinced them to let him try it his way and boom success in the game), but the point is when he was playing really bad I bet Bronco fans didn't flip out on their message board, FB, etc.

You have to support your team in good times, and in bad.

That being said if Blake Bortles hadn't played so bad in the 2nd half of the game many of fans would be talking about how great OC Olson called the game instead of how bad. I think that is why Blake came to his defense by making fun of the fans, which was an idiotic thing to do. He should have simply said it was all his fault (Being Blakes, even if he truly felt it hadnt hes the leader of the team), instead of blaming the people that pay him thru ticket sales, merchandise, etc.

Come on now. Denver wins 10+ games every year and has won Super Bowls and playoff games, they have earned the benefit of the doubt.

It takes the Jags 3 years to get close to 10 wins. You can't be serious. You are better off comparing us to the Browns or the Raiders, because we are right there with them as the joke of the league.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

I think we might wait and watch this Sundays game before throwing the team under the bus. I was disappointed like very one else was and if Joeckel, Cyprien and lee are out, then considering, Toby, Marks, and Thomas are out it may be a while before we really know if this team has made any improvement. 

Quote:Consider how fickle we've all become in the last week.  Bortles went from hero to goat, and so did Caldwell. Last week, a lot of folks thought there was a good deal of young talent on this team, now most of us complain about the lack of proven playmakers.

If most of us agree that this is a team that will only win 5 to 6 games this year, then we also need to understand that 5-win teams come with a lot of disappointments.  So with a clear mind, this is what I predict.

Lots more disappointments in the beginning of the year as the team learns how to win. More success at the end of the year - enough for the team to learn and build on.

I think, by the end of the year, our starting RB question will be settled. Either D-Rob or Yeldon is gonna be the guy, and we'll be happy with either.

I think, by the end of the year, we're going to have some quality young starters emerging on defense. Sample is one candidate.

Our defense will be better. We'll still need another pass rusher, but I think that with the return of Fowler, we may forgo choosing one in the first round. Ryan Davis or Chris Smith may surprise us.

Bortles needs to calm down. He's got the tools, and his mechanics are improved, but I think he's feeling too much pressure to make something happen. That's exactly what i think happened on the pick-6.  I would rather have incompletions than interceptions.

It's the same week 1 we've had to endure for 8+ years now, what do you expect? I don't understand why anyone would have anything negative to say towards those that have sat back for so long and just can't stand it anymore. You really have no right to go against that person. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:Come on now. Denver wins 10+ games every year and has won Super Bowls and playoff games, they have earned the benefit of the doubt.

It takes the Jags 3 years to get close to 10 wins. You can't be serious. You are better off comparing us to the Browns or the Raiders, because we are right there with them as the joke of the league.

It is sad that the last decade has made us viewed as the Patriots before Bill Parcells came there to coach, hey wait a minute, maybe the owner can get him out of retirement?

Quote:I think we might wait and watch this Sundays game before throwing the team under the bus. I was disappointed like very one else was and if Joeckel, Cyprien and lee are out, then considering, Toby, Marks, and Thomas are out it may be a while before we really know if this team has made any improvement. 

I am losing hope the more I watch these press conferences from the team and coaches.  I really expected Gus to get mad, I mean it's his 3rd season he cant get a winning team out on the field.

Loss of passion?

Quote:Loosing a game where you score 30 points isn't improvement unless you consider your defense falling flat on it's face an improvement.

People keep talking about satisfactory losses as if they actually exist. That's a myth. Close losses are just considered another sign of ineptitude because now you can't even win games that were at hand. This is the NFL not college. There are no moral victories for hanging in there like Jacksonville St did against Auburn.

There are no style points in the NFL. There are no pollsters to impress. One of the common traits that separate the good NFL teams from the bad is the ability to win ugly.

Pretty losses aren't going to cut it. The only redeeming factor for the current regime is to start winning games no matter how ugly they may look.

This regime needs to start figuring out how to win this year or they may not be around next year
When you get blown out game after game after game and your record is 9 wins in 3 years close losses are a sign of improvement.  Sure I too would much rather win ugly but you gotta start somewhere.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

3rd year. Improvement expected. Weakened opponent . Home opener. Layed another leg. Tougher games ahead.

Frustration

Lose this week and this doubles

0-4?

Implosion.

Let's hope the team shows up Sunday and have a fish fry. Fingers crossed.
Blakes Life Matters

It's called deja vu.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Last week A-Rob was garbage. Now he's a hero. Bortles was a bum. Now he's a franchise QB. Somebody needs to put lithium in the water supply down there.

I get it. I'm right there with you, on this rollercoaster of emotions.

When setbacks come, and they will with a young team, we need to remember yesterday, and what these guys are capable of.  The consistency is going to come--it's just gonna be a bumpy ride.

Look at the team that played the Dolphins yesterday vs. the one that played the Dolphins in this same stadium almost a year ago.  That team was great for a half.  Yesterday's team found a way to win the game.

Welcome to Earth.  You will find this is the case for every fan base, because like our fan base, it's made up of humans.

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2015, 12:03 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

We just need mature, football minded people to speak more and let the little ones argue on another MB somewhere else.  Every team has up and down weeks but we just have fans that every year cry the "i've waited to long to witness this garbage roster, atrocious play, etc" until we win a game and play like the team were molding together.  I disagree that its a made up of humans thing and think its more of a too many wannabe's trying to throw stuff at the wall and hope its sticks and causes controversy calling themselves football knowledgeable human beings.  Stick to the day jobs people and it wont seem so bipolar when the optimistic and loyal fans post instead of the championship or fire everyone fans that come out every 1 to 3 years under a new regime.

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.