Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How to be a Jaguars fan

Quote: 

I do believe our patience and support will be rewarded soon.

Joking aside, can you give your idea of "soon"?  I've been p a t i e n t l y waiting for years and years now..   so, if ya could be a little more specific..

I said in about 2010 that we were at least a decade away.  That may turn out to be conservative.  I don't see this team making the playoffs before 2020 at the earliest, and that if the right kind of changes are made soon.

We have MUCH further to go than the average fan realizes.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Joking aside, can you give your idea of "soon"?  I've been p a t i e n t l y waiting for years and years now..   so, if ya could be a little more specific..

I said in about 2010 that we were at least a decade away.  That may turn out to be conservative.  I don't see this team making the playoffs before 2020 at the earliest, and that if the right kind of changes are made soon.

Don't worry it's coming soon

I think I've cracked the lunatic code.

If you aren't SCREAMING IN ALL CAPS AND JUMPING OFF COUCHES AND TALL BUILDINGS then YOU are responsible for all the Jaguars failures.  Past, present, and future.

Isn't that how everyone with low emotional IQ projects their angst on everyone else around them and demands compliance?

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Fire every losing coach within 2-3 years. Can every losing QB within 2-3 years. A retrospective look at the Cleveland Browns.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Joking aside, can you give your idea of "soon"?  I've been p a t i e n t l y waiting for years and years now..   so, if ya could be a little more specific..

We win five games this year. We contend for the playoffs next year.  The most important factor is how well Bortles develops. We all know last Sunday's performance was unacceptable. I, for one, believe he can and will do much better.

That's what hurts the most. Deep inside we say we'll win this game and it doesn't happen but I'll say this it will be a good game and as long as they give more big plays and go for the endzone every run, every pass and catch, then the fan base will explode with approval but if they don't and punt 3 in outs about 3 times in a row then the boo's will roar with disappointment. So has a team what do you want to hear....   J!!! A!!! G!!!! S!!!  JAGS!! JAGS!! JAGS!! 

I predict that the Jaguars will defeat the Miami Dolphins this Sunday!

If not, feel free to call me out on this post after the game.  That is how sure I am that the Jaguars will win this game!

Quote:We win five games this year. We contend for the playoffs next year.  The most important factor is how well Bortles develops. We all know last Sunday's performance was unacceptable. I, for one, believe he can and will do much better.

Did you just cut and paste this from October 2014?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

My favorite line after Sunday's game was "Fire everybody, including the guys who clean the pools!" I'll remember that one for years to come.

Seriously, when you're helpless to do anything about on-field misery year after year, I understand it's easy to either swing to one extreme of "Burn everything down and start over" or "Let's just close our eyes and hope for the best. Kind of hard to maintain a centrist position when the ship is taking on water yet again.

This thread is hilarious. And way more entertaining than the actual games.

Woohoo go jags!

I will continue to support my Jags and not be a whiny baby like some on these boards....I am a sports fan, when your a sports fan you do not accept losing but you do not act like its the end of the world either... sure you may act irrationally for several hours after a game, because you are cheering for your team to win and they don't pull it out.

as a Jaguar fan, you deal with the losses in whatever manner you do - but at the end of the day no matter how upset, pissed off you are - you still come back to support them on the next game because you feel it in your heart and it feels right to you (those of you who understand will get that). and than before game time your jacked up and whether you are watching live or on a TV or following on a live feed or on a radio station - WHO F.N CARES?... the point is your with that team and your rooting for a [BLEEP] VICTORY during that moment, for us as Jaguar fans that excitement tends to tale off quicker than normal the last decade... but we still do it, because we support our team....

LETS GO JAGUARS!!!

Quote:I predict that the Jaguars will defeat the Miami Dolphins this Sunday!

If not, feel free to call me out on this post after the game.  That is how sure I am that the Jaguars will win this game!

Are you sure enough about the Jags winning that you would be willing to make a bet on it?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Expect to lose every game? I agree with you that losing is unacceptable but can't agree with the premise.

Okay, Gus, nice pep talk. When do I get my ice cream and sprinkles?

Oh wait...sprinkles are for winners.

I love that commercial!!

Quote:Guys, its fine that we've sucked for a decade. It's completely fine that some things look even worse than they use to be, but some things are better! It's really okay that Bortles had a bad game and now we don't know if he will be our franchise QB or not. Our coaches decided to suck at play-calling and made our team play conservative ball. 

" Aww man, all these folks on here just complain and they need to be patient " Shutup.

"Things are coming together and you guys need to expect losses " Shutup.

" They've been mad and wanted Bradley fired day one! " Shutup.

You APOLOGIST are ridiculous. I don't care what you think or how you feel about other FANS complaining about a team that has SUCKED for almost TEN YEARS. If you're so happy with sucking, don't even comment. Who cares if fans want to complain about their team being a disappointment? You have no right to tell them otherwise. This is a message board to express your opinion on the Jaguars and talk about them. And guess what? They suck, so we're going to talk about that.

I agree.

Quote:Fire every losing coach within 2-3 years. Can every losing QB within 2-3 years. A retrospective look at the Cleveland Browns.

lol. This is true. we may wanna chill out with th efiring everybody tip.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

I go to watch the fat girls in bikinis in the pool, and Jaxon De Boring standing around with nothing to do

How to be a Jaguar fan? You need to believe in victory, man!

Quote:I go to watch the fat girls in bikinis in the pool, and Jaxon De Boring standing around with nothing to do

He doesnt do anything does he? We need the old Jaxson back. Sad

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:Terrible thread. Lost me at expect to lose every game. These men are professionals, we should expect to win every game. If not, why watch?
Doesn't seem like Gus Bradley encourages winning. All he encourages is getting better everyday, playing hard and competing.

I gotta admit... I've felt sad this week.

Despite living in Miami, a good 5-6 hours away, it hasn't stopped us from being season ticket holders since 2008. We haven't seen too many wins since then. Went to last week's game and it was horrible. It has gotten to the point where we feel it's a waste to make the trip up for these games. It's not easy. The drive back home is usually brutal. For the past couple seasons, we've been going to less and less games. We wanna be there and support the team. We know they're giving it their all out there, but they're just not giving us a reason to make these trips to the games anymore. I wanna see consistency and results before we start driving back up.

Just thinking about this makes me sad cause I really do love this team. But man... all the losing really has taken its toll on me. 

Quote:I gotta admit... I've felt sad this week.

Despite living in Miami, a good 5-6 hours away, it hasn't stopped us from being season ticket holders since 2008. We haven't seen too many wins since then. Went to last week's game and it was horrible. It has gotten to the point where we feel it's a waste to make the trip up for these games. It's not easy. The drive back home is usually brutal. For the past couple seasons, we've been going to less and less games. We wanna be there and support the team. We know they're giving it their all out there, but they're just not giving us a reason to make these trips to the games anymore. I wanna see consistency and results before we start driving back up.

Just thinking about this makes me sad cause I really do love this team. But man... all the losing really has taken its toll on me.

I understand what you mean. I live in Georgia and I haven't been to a game since we got beat by the Saints some years ago. I am a law enforcement officer and work shift work and usually work on Sundays, so its not easy for me to get time off for games. With the Jaguars putting a horrible product on the field, I will not request time off to watch the embarrassment. Shad Kahn wants the fan base to be patient, but still buy tickets for garbage play on the field. I will support the team other ways, and when the product on the field gets much better, then I will invest more time and money. Going to the games and getting beat the way we do, is not enjoyable for me or my family.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2015, 12:19 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:3. This one is gonna be tough for many of you. EXPECT TO LOSE EVERY SINGLE GAME WE PLAY. This fan base is loyal and they deserve a winner. But we have also proven to be a bunch of crybabies as evidenced by the overwhelming support of blowing up the front office after a week 1 loss. This franchise has been a laughing stock, an afterthought, an abomination for almost a decade. Yet this fragile fan base still cannot handle losing games. You'd think we would be used to it by now. I'm not saying you should like it or accept it, but if we are playing the Orange Park JV high school team, expect to lose the game by double digits. By expecting to lose every single game, you allow yourself the chance to be pleasantly surprised by a victory. And you won't set yourself for disappointment. By expecting to lose, you can be more objective as to whether or not the team is actually getting better and will be able to set realistic expectations on how long it takes for a player to develop instead of assuming a guy will automatically be a stud since he was drafted high for a need position. By expecting to lose, you won't open yourself up to public ridicule for posting silly statements like, "Josh McDaniels can turn this team into a winner." Losing sucks. For the fans, the players, the coaches and the front office. You are not supposed to like it. But we have been a bad team for a long time. Our last GM took Gabbert over JJ Watt and a punter over Russell Wilson. The cupboard was bare when the current regime got here. We are going about a rebuild the right way and have improved the quality of the roster significantly. We really only swung for the fences in free agency this offseason. We should expect improvement by now. But since we have also proven to be so insecure and impatient, it would be better for all of us to expect a winless season. That way we can have an unfiltered perspective on whether or not this team is actually getting better or if they still stink on ice without getting all emotionally butt hurt. Liberate yourself so you can see areas where this team is indeed getting better and more competitive. Because this team IS getting better and the wins will come. LOSING is not acceptable. But freaking out and spouting the nonsense I have seen on this board after one loss is ridiculous. It'd be better for everyone if you just set the expectation we are a bad, but improving team for yourself as a fan. Knowing we have players, coaches and an owner who are sick of losing and working to change the culture in the building. Let them carry the burden of expecting to win every week. As a fan base we have proven to be too immature and fractured to handle that pressure.

This is me trying to read through your paragraph

[Image: adhd-boy-balancing-pencil-350.jpg]