Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Josh Norman admits to eye gouging Hurns

Quote:I think more people are surprised he admitted it than that he did it
This exactly. Not only did he expose himself as a cheater with intent to injure a person and that he didn't actually get the fumble, he also revealed himself to be one of the dumbest [BLEEP] in the league.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Aka young, with unlimited resources, pampered, tactless, callous and indiscrete? The horror. I expect nothing less. The class from the Bank has spoilt us.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Norman is the guy who was taunting when he picked off Bortles right?

I don't condone what Norman did at all. I can only tell you some things I know personally about Josh Norman the guy.

He has always been very talented, but he has kind of been in the dog house until last year. He was in the dog house due to his on-field antics sometimes going over the line, usually in the form or taunting or trash talking penalties. As any former player will tell you, cornerbacks will talk the most junk than any position in the league.  Last season, he did a great job of not crossing the line on the field to where his actions were detrimental to the team. Josh clearly let his emotions get the best of him in this eye-gouging incident.

In the locker room with the press, Josh is always very candid, very funny, and always gives a great sound bite. And he is not an idiot like some of you claim. I imagine he was just being his honest self, and it sounds like he was almost surprised with himself for doing what he did in the scrumb.

As a guy off the field, I can attest that Josh is cool as hell. Over at the Panthers message boards, carolinahuddle.com, we had a draft party last year thrown by the founder of the website, who doubles as a NFL photographer. He invited Josh to the party, and sure enough Josh showed up and hung out with about 100 diehard Panther message board members. He couldn't have been more personable. He was just like another guy hanging out, taking pictures and talking with anyone that wanted to engage him.

I just wanted to put this out there for you guys, since you probably know nothing about the guy except what you saw on Sunday.

Um, more like based on what he said Monday,

Or on a Tuesday

But cool story sis

Still around...
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Well guys, we are playing Suh next. Wonder who he will stomp on?
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Well guys, we are playing Suh next. Wonder who he will stomp on?

The last remaining scraps of our dignity.

Quote:The last remaining scraps of our dignity.
Dignity? What's that?

Quote:Because he is a idiot. Also a low life cheater. He would fit right in with the Pats.

True,, but I hardly think dirty players/play only belongs with the Pats. Every team has guys that try to get extra "shots" in during a game. It's part of it.

Now,,, admitting to eye gouging after the fact? That's a pretty high level of stupid.

With everything Suh has done and is still in the league I don't see this gaining much traction. He may get fined because he's an idiot and opened his mouth, but other than that it's business as usual in the NFL.

Quote:He seems like that jock in high school everyone would hate because he's a bully. I hope someone Rocks him good this year. Just to let him know that stuff won't fly.

My question is why didn't we?

Any documentary you watch about the ascent of the 1970s Steelers shows how the mindset changed from victim to bully.

Maybe this team needs some on field mean in them.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:My question is why didn't we?

Any documentary you watch about the ascent of the 1970s Steelers shows how the mindset changed from victim to bully.

Maybe this team needs some on field mean in them.

I haven't seen any truly nastiness out of Jaguars players since the days of Big John Henderson, Double D and Stroud with their clotheslines, and Freddy T with his neck slash antics. Truth be known, Henderson was nastier than Sue.

'02

Man I hope Norman gets laid out in their next game by a WR. Golden Tate style.

Quote:I don't condone what Norman did at all. I can only tell you some things I know personally about Josh Norman the guy.

He has always been very talented, but he has kind of been in the dog house until last year. He was in the dog house due to his on-field antics sometimes going over the line, usually in the form or taunting or trash talking penalties. As any former player will tell you, cornerbacks will talk the most junk than any position in the league.  Last season, he did a great job of not crossing the line on the field to where his actions were detrimental to the team. Josh clearly let his emotions get the best of him in this eye-gouging incident.

In the locker room with the press, Josh is always very candid, very funny, and always gives a great sound bite. And he is not an idiot like some of you claim. I imagine he was just being his honest self, and it sounds like he was almost surprised with himself for doing what he did in the scrumb.

As a guy off the field, I can attest that Josh is cool as hell. Over at the Panthers message boards, carolinahuddle.com, we had a draft party last year thrown by the founder of the website, who doubles as a NFL photographer. He invited Josh to the party, and sure enough Josh showed up and hung out with about 100 diehard Panther message board members. He couldn't have been more personable. He was just like another guy hanging out, taking pictures and talking with anyone that wanted to engage him.

I just wanted to put this out there for you guys, since you probably know nothing about the guy except what you saw on Sunday.

That's like all the neighbors of a sex predator or a murderer saying the person was a great guy. I don't care what he says and does when his agent and/or team make him do something. His true colors shine through on the field. Underachiever that resorts to cheating and trying to injure other players. All I can say is Karma will catch up with him for sure.

Quote:I haven't seen any truly nastiness out of Jaguars players since the days of Big John Henderson, Double D and Stroud with their clotheslines, and Freddy T with his neck slash antics. Truth be known, Henderson was nastier than Sue.

I dunno if Big John Henderson was nastier than Suh (though that would be an interesting comparison), but that defense was intimidating. Back when Boselli played, he was the enforcer to set opponents straight if they got out of line. As much as I didn't particularly care for Widell, he was a dirty, nasty player.

I'm not sure if we have guys like that on this team. If I had to guess one guy, I'd say it is Parnell.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:I dunno if Big John Henderson was nastier than Suh (though that would be an interesting comparison), but that defense was intimidating. Back when Boselli played, he was the enforcer to set opponents straight if they got out of line. As much as I didn't particularly care for Widell, he was a dirty, nasty player.

I'm not sure if we have guys like that on this team. If I had to guess one guy, I'd say it is Parnell.

Oh yeah...in my book from what I've seen, Suh has nothing on Big Hen who btw just celebrated a birthday like yesterday. Anyways, I've seen Big Hen take a player's head in his big hand and smash it into the turf over and over again while in the midst of a pile. I've also seen him pick up a qb by the head and fling him a good five yards to the turf. Besides, did Sue ever eat babies?

'02

I doubt suh gets slapped in the face repeatedly before games till he bleeds either! Haha.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:I'm not sure what's worse:

a) Being honest and stupid (Norman)

or

B) Being smart and a liar/cheat (Patriots)

As much as I'm sick of the Patriots cheating,  the closest thing Josh Norman reminds me of regarding the Patriots is a former TE.  The TE who is spending practically the rest of his life in a prison not far from Gillette Stadium.  

Quote:I doubt suh gets slapped in the face repeatedly before games till he bleeds either! Haha.
I miss those days where our defense was intimidating

Quote:I miss those days where our defense was intimidating

Just downright scary. No one wanted to play us then. Sad day..
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.