Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
30th In Pre-season Power Rankings...

Quote:Ike Taylor is analyzing this...which means he is not credible what so ever.  I watched about 30 seconds, and that's all I needed to hear.  They hate the Jags, and they are justifying (or making crap up) to make their point for putting them at 30.  Ike Taylor on NFL network=Fail.
Aww, you missed the best part... MJD shows up eventually.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Aww, you missed the best part... MJD shows up eventually.

Ha, what did he say?
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Ha, what did he say?
He said he's not TJ Yeldon. 

It's gonna be tough to get in position for a good bowl game by the end of the season starting with such a low ranking. They really screwed us.

As we improve in win totals our power rankings as well as O ratings and D ratings.

C'mon Man any fantasy football participant know this simple fact. Now chin up and puff out chest

Honestly, every year someone whines about how low we're rated in the power rankings. Then we finish 30th or 31st in the standings...

Quote:Honestly, every year someone whines about how low we're rated in the power rankings. Then we finish 30th or 31st in the standings...
Reading comprehension skills are great to have. They are pre-season power rankings. Rating how teams have played in pre-season. You know, that's why its called pre-season power rankings. I don't believe we are 30th based off of pre-season performance. I agree we should have a low rating/prediction starting out the regular season, but not for pre-season. Also, the video I posted was terribly bad and quite humorous due to how little they know about the Jags. I'm not whining.

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2015, 09:21 PM by Ringo.)

Quote:It's not about where you start in a "power ranking."

It's where you finish in the actual standings.

Show em
Blakes Life Matters

Every year fans on this forum come out with high hopes (only natural) and last year many thought they would go 8-8.....some thought 7-9 and others 6-10. Well we missed that marked too didn't we? So, why is everyone shocked and even upset that they would be picked 30th? When you are at the bottom half of the tiers in this game you tend to stay there NO MATTER how good you look on paper. Let's just see how the team does and then we can throw tomatoes at the so called experts. Yelling at them now only gives them more ammo to rub it in if it turns out they are proven right.

Quote:Reading comprehension skills are great to have. They are pre-season power rankings. Rating how teams have played in pre-season. You know, that's why its called pre-season power rankings. I don't believe we are 30th based off of pre-season performance. I agree we should have a low rating/prediction starting out the regular season, but not for pre-season. Also, the video I posted was terribly bad and quite humorous due to how little they know about the Jags. I'm not whining.
LOL! They aren't rating the preseason.

All you have to do is look at the preseason performances to notice they don't match.

If they were rating preseason, the eagles would be far and away the number one team.

Quote:LOL! They aren't rating the preseason.

All you have to do is look at the preseason performances to notice they don't match.

If they were rating preseason, the eagles would be far and away the number one team.
They're doing both. If they're labeling it as Pre-season Power Rankings, then you think they'd talk about the pre-season only and rank it off of that, but they aren't. 

Hey look, they removed the video. 

Quote:They're doing both. If they're labeling it as Pre-season Power Rankings, then you think they'd talk about the pre-season only and rank it off of that, but they aren't. 
Pre-season means before the season. It's ranking the teams before the season begins. It's not referring to pre-season games.

There is also a pre-season college poll and there is no such thing as pre-season college games.

Writers put very little consideration into pre-season games when creating there rankings. They are mostly based on where teams finished the previous year.

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2015, 11:24 PM by Sosa.)

Quote:Pre-season means before the season. It's ranking the teams before the season begins. It's not referring to pre-season games.

There is also a pre-season college poll and there is no such thing as pre-season college games.

Writers put very little consideration into pre-season games when creating there rankings. They are mostly based on where teams finished the previous year.
Gotcha, but still they talk about the pre-season games when ranking other teams. Which was my point about them not caring enough to review our team like the others. This is just a cheesey talk show anyways, this isn't even the official power rankings. For some reason they removed the Jaguars video, guess they figured out how bad it was.

Quote:30 is about right.

The way our offense is playing, I think it's a bit low

We at least edged out the Giants without Julius Thomas in every category with our first teamers. The Jaguars first team offense at least has played impressively throughout the preseason whereas the Giants look rather weak on both sides of the ball. Granted it's preseason, but in the third game which is most important, the Jets whooped them, and I see the Jets as a team that aught to rank around #30. Keep in mind we also beat the Giants last year as their old fart of a qb had two turnovers leading to Jaguars TDs. So at the very least I feel the Jaguars should rank over the Giants.

Other teams I think it's safe to say the Jaguars should rank higher than are the Titans and Bucs whose rookie qbs are going to have their own set of rookie growing pains to overcome. Meanwhile, the Bears have looked like absolute garbage throughout the preseason, and especially in their third game just got blown over on both sides of the ball by the Bengals. The Browns are another team that looks to be struggling badly, and did you see Derek Carr in the last game throw an INT for Cards TD on his opening drive? Bortles isn't doing that. Finally, the Redskins just kicked RGIII to the curb and have to adjust to their new qb, and their defense so far has looked horrendous.

So in all I feel it's very safe to say the Jaguars should at least rank over the Giants, Raiders, Jets, Redskins, Browns, Titans and Bucs for the #25 spot. That said, try as might there's no way I can justify putting the Jaguars in the top 20 although there are a few more teams they are arguably better than. I have a power ranking thread in the NFL at Large section and the Jaguars so far have been listed from #21 to #23 which makes plenty of sense to me. To rank them down at #30 seems a bit ignorant to me.

'02

Oh Nooooo, we 30 again.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:It's gonna be tough to get in position for a good bowl game by the end of the season starting with such a low ranking. They really screwed us.

LOL, well done, sir!

Then again, if we do start 1-3 as I'm expecting, how high can we really expect to be in the rankings?

'02

Shocked by being ranked 30? We have 7 wins the last 2 years......

Until we actually win games, I doubt anyone ranks us higher than 28.

Who cares.....

Next.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend