Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Bortles throws over 20 TD's this season?
Over
Under
[Show Results]

Over/Under on Blake Bortles 2015 season.

Quote:Bortles is a very raw QB who won't become NFL all-pro polished for several years. It's not like 12 weeks in the offseason is enough to change a lifetime of throwing a certain way.

My expectations are still low for 2015 however I think he'll be above average in 2016. Which to me is saying a lot since average QBS in the modern nfl put up gaudy numbers.
Nothing wrong with keeping expectations low...

I don't think Bortles is an all-world beater in year 2.

But I would hope that we didn't select a guy #3 overall who still needed another year to get it working. He was supposed to sit and learn last year, he was thrown into the fire to learn. The entire offseason he was working on mechanics, TC was for implementation of the new OC gameplan.

His 2nd year should be leaps and bounds better than year 1 (especially if the WRs catch more than they drop and the Oline blocks more than they don't)

Looking at Tannehill's rookie season and Bortles, very similar (Tannehill arguably had a better team overall, but was also only a 2 yr QB at A&M)

I'd rather Bortles post 4k 27/12 65% comp. Because I think that's where he needs to be. (Tannys 3rd year stats)

but I won't hang him out to dry if he posts a more modest 3900 24/17 60%....

I'd be ecstatic really.

But I think he could (should) make a big jump. Tossing the rock to Arob and JT. With 3 different types of threats from the backfield, Drob, Yeldon, and Gerhart.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:But I think he could (should) make a big jump. 

I think we both agree, just differ on what we consider a 'big jump'. 

GO JAGUARS!

Not getting a whole lot of love on the NFL site projections.

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/story...l-32-teams

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Not getting a whole lot of love on the NFL site projections.

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/story...l-32-teams
Winning will change that perception.

Quote:I'm thinking 

25tds 14Int 62% 4000 yards about 300 rushing.

Pretty close to on point

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!