Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
4th of July product boycott

Quote:I'm with you, I've seen plenty of fireworks shows to leave me sated. Now the most excitement I get from pyrotechnics is when a seed explodes.

Well I guess if you're stoned enough when it happens it can be pretty spectacular. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So all those people in my neighborhood driving Mercedes are liberals?   That's interesting.

Pay no mind. As he spins his agenda saying liberals drive foreign cars, the died in the wool, staunch conservative rides a Kawasaki . Very typical.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:So all those people in my neighborhood driving Mercedes are liberals?   That's interesting.   

I thought liberals only drive VWs and Audis?

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Considering how you think all those you hate flip burgers, I'd think you'd be on board for boycotting the place of work where all libs earn our living...

I do have to say that it makes perfect sense for us to spend our money at the places they work. At least that way we get something for our money as opposed to when it's consumed via welfare.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Lol, typical diatribe. I knew you were going to say all of what I just quoted above.

Attack the poster... classic fbt. Considering how you think all those you hate flip burgers, I'd think you'd be on board for boycotting the place of work where all libs earn our living...

You should come up with some new material, you personal attacks are getting tiresome..

You didn't answer my question about what you drive, so I'm fairly certain that I hit the nail on the head with the foreign vehicle ownership.  Nothing wrong with that.  Just don't be a hypocrite.

As far as typical attack, all I did was point out the fact that when you boycott a franchise restaurant, you're not punishing anyone but the local operation.  How is that a personal attack?  Or, is identifying you as a potential hybrid driver a personal attack?  You proggies are so sensitive, it's difficult to tell what will offend you. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:This I know. Still, it's made here, best I can do. Looking into an Indian. But still beats a K bike any day. The company is American and profits stay here.

But my point wasn't taken the way I worded it I guess.

What torqued me was the wording on a few plaques that said things like remember those who gave all, to keep us free. Who is " US"? Stuff like pride in our country and those who sacrificed. The trinkets we import I understand. But the wording of these items and what they mean to so many, mass produced by those don't share those sentiments and couldn't care less about the US is so hypocritical and bullcrap.

But, as Rollerjag said, maybe we saved some poor Chinese worker. Ok. That's nice.

Those who did sacrifice surely understand. Those who were in Nam cringe when they see something made there. Guess you had to be there, since it seems many don't really care.

You suggest liberals love foreign cars. So conservatives love foreign bikes?
That's a myth that the "profits stay here" just  because it's manufactured here.  Do they get the 60% of foreign parts handed to them for free?  Based on the quality of HD, you might think so, but they actually pay for their parts, so unfortunately for you, quite a bit of that bottom line is going to foreign producers. 

Indian is no better.  You do realize they're a Canadian company, right? 

Conservatives buy what they want without fear of being politically correct.  I don't care if a liberal wants to buy a Prius, or a Vespa like I'm sure your "Harley" actually is. Wink  To each his own.  You're the one that's offended because something is made in China.  If that's what is most important to you, stay out of any retail establishment in the US because the bulk of what you're buying is foreign made. 

BTW, my Kawasaki has almost 100k on the odometer, and other than normal maintenance, it's never given me a lick of trouble.  The most reliable parts on HDs happen to be Japanese made.  Go figure.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I thought liberals only drive VWs and Audis?

You need to get with the program.  Prius is the latest liberal rage.  I know a few people that actually own them.  Talk about the most "uppity" liberals that I know...

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:You need to get with the program.  Prius is the latest liberal rage.  I know a few people that actually own them.  Talk about the most "uppity" liberals that I know...
A Prius is just a $25,000 electric shaver.

Quote:A Prius is just a $25,000 electric shaver.

It's going to cost a LOT more than $25,000 when the batteries need to be replaced.  Oh well.  At least they can feel good about themselves since they supposedly are "reducing" their "carbon footprint".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:It's going to cost a LOT more than $25,000 when the batteries need to be replaced.  Oh well.  At least they can feel good about themselves since they supposedly are "reducing" their "carbon footprint".
I don't know a single Prius driver who's kept their car for longer than four years without trading it in for a new model, and living in Colorado, I know a lot of Prius drivers. They're the ones who are facing backwards from the ditch in the winter because their lightweight electric razor can't grip snowy roads, and they're all driving around on stock tires instead of getting winter tires (or even a good set of all-seasons) to combat it.

Quote:I don't know a single Prius driver who's kept their car for longer than four years without trading it in for a new model, and living in Colorado, I know a lot of Prius drivers. They're the ones who are facing backwards from the ditch in the winter because their lightweight electric razor can't grip snowy roads, and they're all driving around on stock tires instead of getting winter tires (or even a good set of all-seasons) to combat it.

So I guess what you are saying is, a lot of Prius drivers aren't particularly smart.  Hmmm.... there seems to be a familiar pattern here.

Quote:You need to get with the program.  Prius is the latest liberal rage.  I know a few people that actually own them.  Talk about the most "uppity" liberals that I know...

No, no no.  Liberals ride bicycles and take public transportation.  

Quote:So I guess what you are saying is, a lot of Prius drivers aren't particularly smart.  Hmmm.... there seems to be a familiar pattern here.
I don't pass judgment on someone's intelligence based upon what vehicle they drive (although there are lots of people out there who fit their gigantic pickup trucks so perfectly), but they certainly don't seem to know the first thing about cars.

Quote:I don't pass judgment on someone's intelligence based upon what vehicle they drive (although there are lots of people out there who fit their gigantic pickup trucks so perfectly), but they certainly don't seem to know the first thing about cars.

So tell me, how do people that drive "gigantic pickups" supposedly "fit their vehicle so perfectly"?

Quote:So tell me, how do people that drive "gigantic pickups" supposedly "fit their vehicle so perfectly"?
Ever met a guy that you can just tell drives a big truck to compensate for deficiencies elsewhere in his life?

Quote:No, no no.  Liberals ride bicycles and take public transportation.  
No those are Dutch people. 

Quote:Ever met a guy that you can just tell drives a big truck to compensate for deficiencies elsewhere in his life?

Not really.  What exactly are you trying to say?  Most people that drive "gigantic pickup trucks" are white angry racist conservative guys trying to "compensate" for "deficiencies"?

Quote:No, no no.  Liberals ride bicycles and take public transportation.  

That might be true in a small town like St. Augustine, but in a larger city such as Jagsonville, they drive a Prius or something similar.

(This post was last modified: 07-01-2015, 06:02 PM by Ringo.)

Quote:That's a myth that the "profits stay here" just  because it's manufactured here.  Do they get the 60% of foreign parts handed to them for free?  Based on the quality of HD, you might think so, but they actually pay for their parts, so unfortunately for you, quite a bit of that bottom line is going to foreign producers. 

Indian is no better.  You do realize they're a Canadian company, right? 

Conservatives buy what they want without fear of being politically correct.  I don't care if a liberal wants to buy a Prius, or a Vespa like I'm sure your "Harley" actually is. Wink  To each his own.  You're the one that's offended because something is made in China.  If that's what is most important to you, stay out of any retail establishment in the US because the bulk of what you're buying is foreign made. 

BTW, my Kawasaki has almost 100k on the odometer, and other than normal maintenance, it's never given me a lick of trouble.  The most reliable parts on HDs happen to be Japanese made.  Go figure.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Mot...y...Indian vs Kawasaki...more American for my tastes...based in Minnesota I believe

So "liberals" drive foreign cars while getting ragged on by guys who hop on their foreign bike and ride off into the red setting sun. Gotcha. Forgot about the ol double standard.

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Not really.  What exactly are you trying to say?  Most people that drive "gigantic pickup trucks" are white angry racist conservative guys trying to "compensate" for "deficiencies"?

Why insert the race card?

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]